Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Maybe have retired refs (Dean etc) in VAR? Sure they'd happily work on for a canny wedge if they're sitting watching rather than having to keep up with play any more. I know he was a knob but their experience would be better, let the younger ones ref the matches onfield.

Yeah I think former refs or former players would be ideal for this. As long as they are absolute experts at understanding the laws of the game and also how the technology works it fixes a lot of the problems.

9 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I'd be interested in a system like cricket or tennis where each side has a limited number of challenges they can ask VAR to look at again during a match. Would be hilarious because you know Klopp would have wasted all his challenges by half time and then get screwed over anyway in second half.

Aye but even if they'd challenged that offside they'd still have ignored it and  not give it..

Reckon we should try the same thing for.our goal at their place last season, but maybe try and claim compo as well for some of the injuries we picked up (Willock in particular) by having to overpush players to get to a points tally that should have been far fewer. 

Folks I know there's a lot of people that don't like Liverpool, but I really can't fault them in this case.

That error yesterday was so outrageous and compounded further by the fact that at no point did they ever alert the ref to the mistake afterwards.

I can't even imagine if that had been Newcastle man. I would have been enraged.

This has to go further than these goofy apologies. It has to be looked into further in this instance and some serious changes need to be made.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Folks I know there's a lot of people that don't like Liverpool, but I really can't fault them in this case.

That error yesterday was so outrageous and compounded further by the fact that at no point did they ever alert the ref to the mistake afterwards.

This has to go further than these goofy apologies. It has to be looked into further in this instance and some serious changes need to be made.

Nah.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's absolutely ridiculous tbh. They've fucked up, they've been banned for games, what do you want to happen beyond that as you're leading down a dangerous path.

We've had 1000s of games in the Premier League covered by VAR, from what I can tell, this is the first time an error of this nature has been made, it's very unlikely it'll ever happen again. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I can't even imagine if that had been Newcastle man

Like us getting a goal wrongly disallowed before Liverpool winning it in the 98th minute of 6(?) added on?

We know how it feels and there was nowt done then, fuck them. 

It was the wrong call yesterday, there's been many more yet everyone else deals with it, I'm fucked if this is the line where 'they have to do more than apologise'. 

Again, fuck them. 

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol: 

the arrogant fucks can live with it like the rest of us.

They’ve had plenty go in there favour so can hardly cry ‘corruption’.

0d004c1e-fe00-463e-b452-2db8b29b62c2.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

If they’re going retrospective, I want the game against Blackburn replayed where Paul Gallagher handballed it in. 

Yeah, the European Cup semi-final v Benfica in 1962 with the bent refs please.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's absolutely ridiculous tbh. They've fucked up, they've been banned for games, what do you want to happen beyond that as you're leading down a dangerous path.

They need to come put with specific changes to that whole process.

The whole thing was completely crazy man. It's really shocking how biased some of you are.

Only a matter of time before something equally horrific comes our way if they don't make drastic changes.

I'll remind you all then about the stance you're taking now.

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The non-goal is abysmal because it's matter of fact, Diaz is onside. I thought both red cards were fair, but they're still subjective. Getting a black and while call wrong has rightfully called into question VAR and the abysmal state of officiating.

I think what pisses most off, is a majority of clubs have had to put up with this nonsense for years, clubs have been relegated as a result of technological malfunctions. So when Liverpool, the historical beneficiaries of some shocking officiating are wronged and we never hear the end of it 48 hours, fans of other clubs are thinking "hang on we were relegated/had our manager binned/missed out on position X because of an abysmal refereeing decision" and we were given an apology and assured things would even themselves out, take the rough with the smooth and no one gave a fuck.

It's great we're finally having this discussion and it's important we do, hopefully some good will come of it, but if it had been at 3PM during Everton v Luton or it was a visiting team getting routinely shafted at Anfield, the discussion would already be over. That's what rubs folk up the wrong way.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

They need to come put with specific changes to that whole process.

The whole thing was completely crazy man. It's really shocking how biased some of you are.

Only a matter of time before something equally horrific comes our way if they don't make drastic changes.

I'll remind you all then about the stance you're taking now.

How many games have been reffed by VAR and how many games has that particular mistake been made? 

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Like us getting a goal wrongly disallowed before Liverpool winning it in the 98th minute of 6(?) added on?

We know how it feels and there was nowt done then, fuck them. 

It was the wrong call yesterday, there's been many more yet everyone else deals with it, I'm fucked if this is the line where 'they have to do more than apologise'. 

Again, fuck them. 

The at least drew the lines for that Isak goal and took the time to go through the necessary steps.

They said it was based on his sleeve, and it was close enough that it could be subjective.

Yesterday they didn't even know what the call in the pitch was, and didn't bother drawing the lines or making sure of the final decision, and then didn't correct the error between however many of them were in there.

You guys are too caught up with Liverpool. I'm more concerned about what these plonkers do during our upcoming games.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The non-goal is abysmal because it's matter of fact, Diaz is onside. I thought both red cards were fair, but they're still subjective. Getting a black and while call wrong has rightfully called into question VAR and the abysmal state of officiating.

I think what pisses most off, is a majority of clubs have had to put up with this nonsense for years, clubs have been relegated as a result of technological malfunctions. So when Liverpool, the historical beneficiaries of some shocking officiating are wronged and we never hear the end of it 48 hours, fans of other clubs are thinking "hang on we were relegated/had our manager binned/missed out on position X because of an abysmal refereeing decision" and we were given an apology and assured things would even themselves out, take the rough with the smooth and no one gave a fuck.

It's great we're finally having this discussion and it's important we do, hopefully some good will come of it, but if it had been at 3PM during Everton v Luton or it was a visiting team getting routinely shafted at Anfield, the discussion would already be over. That's what rubs folk up the wrong way.

I get it, but if this is what it takes so be it.

Minimum they need to introduce the automated onside/offside technology.

It doesn't make any sense how incompetent these people are man. My God.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How many games have been reffed by VAR and how many games has that particular mistake been made? 

I'm not trying to wait around till it happens to us again.

Liverpool have already been screwed royally and they can swallow that.

Going forward though?! Nah, make some fucking changes.

Not sure how anyone can be against ex-footballers doing VAR (could even just be retired lower league players). One of the main problems of VAR is that the referees can easily be 'mates' or can be someone's boss so they don't like to overrule decisions. Having an ex-footballer means that they can be more objective and actually have confidence in sticking with their own decision when they clearly should.

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Noel Gallagher GIF by AbsoluteRadio