Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Shearer talking shite on MOTD. Implying Oliver was right not to change his mind because it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Wtf is is talking about. By the time he's looking at it the only question is "do I think it's a penalty or not". Previous decision has nothing to do with it. 

Fraser vs Man City was more blatant, but there's something about this one that puts it beyond that. The fact Mason looked at it and decided the ref should look at it, ridiculous on its own, then the ref watching it decides to disallow it. 2-stage authentication on idiocy.

1 minute ago, Cf said:

Shearer talking shite on MOTD. Implying Oliver was right not to change his mind because it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Wtf is is talking about. By the time he's looking at it the only question is "do I think it's a penalty or not". Previous decision has nothing to do with it. 

There’s absolutely nothing to decide. It’s a goal. Advantage to the fouled player.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Fraser vs Man City was more blatant, but there's something about this one that puts it beyond that. The fact Mason looked at it and decided the ref should look at it, ridiculous on its own, then the ref watching it decides to disallow it. 2-stage authentication on idiocy.

the ref was probabaly only shown willock piling into the keeper. bet they didnt even show the initial push on him.

should be shared on the big screen.

Just now, Adam said:

Tuchel can fuck right off, there is no foul on the keeper. Utter farce.

How hard is it for him to say the decision was wrong? Which it clearly was. There's no-one in football who can possibly think that decision was correct. 

Michael Oliver the only one with a set of bollocks on him to tell the useless cunts operating VAR that he was right. Shame that he cannot ref our games.

That Cunt reffing us today should be given a torrent of abuse next time we have the misfortune of the cunt officiating one of our games. 

I think they hoped VAR would prevent referees dropping clangers and looking like they don't know what they're doing, but it's done the opposite. You have plausible deniability pre-VAR, you can say "Ah, I just didn't see it, we're only human".  Now we've found that the people in charge of applying the rules literally don't know what the laws of the game are.  City match last year being a case in point, not a penalty because it was an off the ball challenge.

This is doing my head in. VAR isn't a thing that decides anything. VAR is just a replay of any given incident ffs.

We shouldn't refer to it as VAR, we should refer to the name of which idiot ref is sitting watching the replay.

Joeyt said it earlier, and i've said it multiple times, the same shit ref on the pitch, is then judging the replays of another game the next day. VAR as in the replay system is perfectly fine, until we sort out the scandalous standard of officiating nothing will change.

Edited by Bimpy474

It's ludicrous that we have a billion pound industry, being influenced by incompetent officials. Zero accountability either. A Manager can lose their job teams can lose trophies or be relegated at the hands of incorrect decisions, but these cunts are untouchable.

VAR should be done remotely by independent referees who aren’t in a room together and who have no context of the original call or the match score. Just get sent a clip to review and vote on the outcome.

10 referees or so, majority wins.

At the end of each game they need to do a write up giving their perspective of each event they judged, which can be publicly viewed.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Do you guys think its incompetence or are they doing it on purpose? I can't wrap my head around why anyone let alone an experinced official would make those calls?

Watching the ref in the West Ham game, and the way he nodded made me feel he was simply obeying his masters. These cunts are being trained with VAR in mind, it's not incompetence.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Do you guys think its incompetence or are they doing it on purpose? I can't wrap my head around why anyone let alone an experinced official would make those calls?

It's incompetence imo, when VAR was introduced and over last decade plus the the head of the refs was Mike Riley, one of the worst refs i've ever seen. Why that useless idiot was put in charge is mad, and the fact he was shows you just how bad our refs association the PGMOL actually is.