Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

2 hours ago, OCK said:

West Ham robbed too, I don't think there's an agenda against us, but there's certainly some bad people in charge of officiating. 

I doubt there is an agenda specifically against ourselves, but there is definitely an agenda to protect the brand identity, and the closer we get to threatening that, the stronger the focus of that agenda will be on us.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Banner day for these chucklefuck dickheads.

City drew

Liverpool drew

Spurs won

Chelsea won,

none lost

Job done, let's move on. VAR triumphs again, "getting the big calls for the right teams right"

1 minute ago, midds said:

City drew

Liverpool drew

Spurs won

Chelsea won,

none lost

Job done, let's move on. VAR triumphs again, "getting the big calls for the right teams right"

Don't forget to add those that could be a threat to the established order i.e. Us and West Ham conveniently had good goals ruled out for fuck all.

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Dowie was all over the place like. I think he initially went to say it was a foul, also half-referred to Palace as West Ham at one point and called Anderson "young Henderson". I hope he's areet.

I don't know. He said definitively that it wouldn't stand, but corrected himself to say that it definitely would. I don't think he changed his opinion.

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Did we complain about bad officiating as much before VAR was introduced? :lol: 

I honestly think football is somehow worse.

VAR is now simply an added safety net for the big 6 to maintain the hegemony. It's there to protect certain clubs from dropping points and being exposed to any challenge. 

If the ref on the day gives a dodgy decision against the big 6 then VAR is used to find something in order to correct it. If the opponents score or look like they are getting an advantage in the game then it's also there to find something to rule it out. The same bent cunts that have shown inherent bias towards them when they reffed games are now being used in the studio to demonstrate exactly the same bias from a studio hundreds of miles away. It still comes down to individuals interpreting videos and their own flawed, biased judgement in arriving at decisions - with no explanation, commentary or accountability. 

Rip the fucking thing apart and get the right decisions regardless of who benefits or loses. The whole thing fucking stinks, it's fucking lifting

56 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

This was the angle broadcast in the ground

I mean this literally shows the goal keeper wasn't getting to the ball and willock would have got his head to it first but got fouled and shoved into keeper.

How this angle wasn't given to the onfield ref is an absolute farce. 

I've not heard one commentator that could explain why our goal didn't stand today.  I think an independent investigation is in order - football is a billion pound business and referees have way too much power now to influence results. Referees should have to explain to the camera after the match why they disallowed a goal - if they did I guarantee this would have been given today.

16 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It’s every game now we’re talking about a wrong VAR call. It’s absolutely shite, wish they would just get rid. Would rather the ref made the mistake than use it. 

The press need to pick up on this as it's ruining the game.  

Edited by duo

7 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It’s every game now we’re talking about a wrong VAR call. It’s absolutely shite, wish they would just get rid. Would rather the ref made the mistake than use it. 

The problem with that is the 'mistakes' become just mistakes.

With VAR they don't have an excuse. The evidence is there - what's required is a concerted effort by clubs and fans to call the FA out on it.

Just now, DahnSahf said:

The problem with that is the 'mistakes' become just mistakes.

With VAR they don't have an excuse. The evidence is there - what's required is a concerted effort by clubs and fans to call the FA out on it.

I think the refs should have to do media duties. I can’t see how they get away with not doing it. 

It's Leicester's fault indirectly tbh. Them winning the League from nowhere put the shits up the ESL fuckers and there was nothing they could do, they bum-rushed the place and put loads of noses out of joint. Firmly believe that had VAR been in operation in that season then they would have been screwed out of it via key VAR decisions. Leicester gave them the shock of their lives and cemented the introduction of this safety net and no-one will convince me otherwise.