Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Despite being as vocal as anyone on here re the misery of VAR, I wouldn't actually rule-out there being a version of it that could exist and be worthwhile.

I don't know what that looks like though, and I have absolutely zero faith that it will actually improve. Where my view is that it's current level of imposition should be dramatically reduced - the recent mood music has been suggesting the opposite; with refs communicating directly with crowds and what-have-you. 

So, for me, this is absolutely amazing news. At this point, I sincerely hope they go for it. 

I was all for it but I'm 100% against it now, our game against Sunderland this year was the best of the season (for obvious reasons) but also because the game happened in front of you in real time.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Would be as stupid as the decision in Spain to get rid of goal line tech.

Eh? It’s been a disaster and hasn’t improved decision making for the most part 

Just now, gbandit said:

Eh? It’s been a disaster and hasn’t improved decision making for the most part 

The officials are a disaster.

People only focus on wrong decisions, never ever on the way more correct decisions.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Despite being as vocal as anyone on here re the misery of VAR, I wouldn't actually rule-out there being a version of it that could exist and be worthwhile.

I don't know what that looks like though, and I have absolutely zero faith that it will actually improve. Where my view is that it's current level of imposition should be dramatically reduced - the recent mood music has been suggesting the opposite; with refs communicating directly with crowds and what-have-you. 

So, for me, this is absolutely amazing news. At this point, I sincerely hope they go for it. 

Yeah this, I'm pro the concept of VAR, but the way they've executed it is the pits. Then rather than listen and review teething issues, they just seem to be doubling down on re-refereeing games.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

People only focus on wrong decisions, never ever on the way more correct decisions.

Exactly, the officials are a disaster. I’d rather they have less involvement in the game if they’re the disaster they’ve truly proved themselves to be. We should be limiting their involvement to the absolute maximum because they’re almost all incompetent 

5 minutes ago, Aiston said:

I couldn't care about offsides where the margin is the width of a toenail. It's not what offside was originally brought into the game for.

Posted (edited)

Will be hilarious when Wolves are the first team to be fucked over by a decision that would have been overturned with VAR

Edited by Jack27

22 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Disagree. Think the tech is good. 

It’s the idiots in charge who need to be replaced 

There's always going to be idiots in charge though because they're humans 

Unless something is black and white like goalline technology then there's always going to be human judgement

Just now, joeyt said:

There's always going to be idiots in charge though because they're humans 

Unless something is black and white like goalline technology then there's always going to be human judgement

And room for corruption. Wonder if LiVARpool vote for/against? 

30 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Disagree. Think the tech is good. 

It’s the idiots in charge who need to be replaced 

Could be the best tech in the world it still ruins celebrating goals and doesn’t help that they look at absolutely everything & anything. I’m sick of it tbh 

I really really hope that passes, as VAR ruins a hell of a lot of what makes football great, but in reality it's never going to happen.

Shame they can't just use it for the purpose I believed it was created for, "clear and obvious", when it takes more than 30 seconds to a minute to resolve it ain't clear and obvious ffs. Then you get the 5+ minutes waiting for some decisions which is diabolical, and overall whilst I imagine statistically it's improved the % of correct decisions, it's hugely detrimental and ruining fan experience when you are scared to even celebrate now. Get rid for me without drastic changes. 

15 minutes ago, Aiston said:

It's so typical really. All the corrected decisions just get forgotten about.

Once this gets scrapped and teams start getting awful, painful and obviously wrong decisions go against them that cannot be reversed, then reality will hit everyone very hard.