Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

The shirt pull ok Burn in their penalty area from a Trippier free kick man. Not even a replay shown of it. :lol:

Then Joelinton gets absolutely destroyed by two of their players but still gets away from them, but when he touche Caicedo (IIRC), aye that's a free kick. 

Got a feeling both sets of fans will call this bloke a useless twat Tbf, was quite a few times our players were looking for a free kick and he bought it nearly every time. 

Yeah, wasn't terrible but there were couple suss decisions. Bruno yellow for his first foul etc. 

Nothing comes close to Villa for me in recent memory. Never seen such a bollocks performance for the whole 90 mins from a ref. 

When VAR reviews Wilson's attempt to win a penalty, they should really be saying to the ref "that's a clear dive, it's a yellow card." I get that simulation is a bit of a grey area and sometimes it's hard to tell in real time, but when they've stopped and reviewed the incident anyway then they know.

I suppose there's the question of should the video ref be making the decision for the on-field ref and if not do we really want a further stoppage while the on-field ref reviews the incident for what is only a yellow card offence (clearly not.) But when it's that obvious there should be a way to enforce it. Would also be a stronger deterrent if strikers knew that there's jeopardy for them when the incident is reviewed.

Really agree that there should be an exception to card people in retrospect for diving. There is no deterrence now. You might succeed in fooling the VAR team, but if you dont there is no punishment most likely.

2 hours ago, nortoon said:

Really agree that there should be an exception to card people in retrospect for diving. There is no deterrence now. You might succeed in fooling the VAR team, but if you dont there is no punishment most likely.

Should there not be retrospective action for deliberate fouls that don't get spotted then?

3 hours ago, madras said:

Should there not be retrospective action for deliberate fouls that don't get spotted then?

Probably would agree with that too. Some var guy could go "clear obstruction off the ball there" and at next stop of play give a yellow. Line has to be drawn somewhere though and even if its just for diving inside the penalty area specifically I would like that.

When he booked Bruno I though he was going to go card crazy and influence the game with a sending off.  Fortunately he calmed down and we only got 1 more.  I guess that shows that he genuinely thought it was worth a yellow.  

I thought he did ok, which is a lot better than my average opinion of a ref.  

I think the Liverpool connections could have actually had the reverse result as he knew he would be slaughtered if there was anything dubious that was game changing.

I think the frustration with the Bruno yellow was the fact that Bruno has been on the receiving end of so many of those recently and consistently the offender has just been allowed to keep doing it again and again.

8 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Was the 8 minutes justified?

It really made me laugh as it's always a lot when we're ahead by 1.  So to get the goals just when it was announced made it cracking to have the 8 minutes!

LiVARpool watching as their bribe money went down the toilet

8wJr.gif

13 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Was the 8 minutes justified?

It really made me laugh as it's always a lot when we're ahead by 1.  So to get the goals just when it was announced made it cracking to have the 8 minutes!

I fucking LOVED having 8 minutes.

1 hour ago, nortoon said:

Probably would agree with that too. Some var guy could go "clear obstruction off the ball there" and at next stop of play give a yellow. Line has to be drawn somewhere though and even if its just for diving inside the penalty area specifically I would like that.

Nah. I'd only bring any retrospective stuff for violent conduct.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can remember expecting loads of added time, but I can't remember why. IIRC it was correct. 

We slowed the game down loads in the second half.  Joelinton seemed to go down about half a dozen times, Willock's injury and the subs means it was about right, imo.

How did Schar get booked and not the other bloke when they had a girl slapping exercise?  Shocking refereeing.

Edited by Rod