Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

From the horses mouth Mike Dean.

Refs and Var is corrupt, most of us already knew this. 

I think it's time for refs and Var to be mic'd up, we should hear the discussion. 

Edited by mighty__mag

8 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

the state of this..

Few minutes later he went on to say 'I wasnt very good at VAR and didn't like doing it and a few of the other refs are the same' or something along those lines. Glad to know our VAR officials dont like it and know they aren't very good at it :lol:. Only millions of pounds at stake and managerial careers on the line

Edited by Pokerprince2004

Didn’t realise Mike Dean was so thick. This is a bit like Prince Andrew thinking he was going to clear his name by telling everyone he doesn’t sweat. Absolutely disaster of a referee and should have no place in the game anymore 

26 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Few minutes later he went on to say 'I wasnt very good at VAR and didn't like doing it and a few of the other refs are the same' or something along those lines. Glad to know our VAR officials dont like it and know they aren't very good at it :lol:. Only millions of pounds at stake and managerial careers on the line

If your interpretation of the job you’re tasked to do is to protect your mate out on the pitch, whereas the expectation of the outside world is that your job is to correct their mistakes I can imagine most referees will not look forward to VAR duty. What a pathetic state of affairs. Just scrap VAR, it’s clearly entirely unfit for purpose. It’s bad enough having to deal with the occasional human mistake, it’s ten times worse when that is compounded with intelligence insulting levels of mistakes being covered up by their mates in plain sight.

I do think we have to take some responsibility as a sport for the fact we've created a situation whereby experienced refs are 'afraid' to send their mates to the VAR screen. 

It's a failing on both sides; the FA for not allowing refs to explain and fans for being chronically abusive. The idea that it's on VAR or the FA to fix alone won't actually help. You'll likely just make the pool of referees smaller (of which it already is quite small). We still haven't figured out how to practically apply VAR. I think personally, the best way would be apply it for situations involving offside with the threshold for offside being if your foot is ahead of the last defender and for cases of identifying who committed an action/off the ball incidents which I grant you aren't many. You could use it for errors relating to penalty calls like today with Rashford, but that may again muddy the waters. 

That way you give a lot more power back to the on field referee and you stop the demand for every infraction to involve VAR. The worst refs on a Sunday morning are the ones constantly stopping it. Those who just try to maintain the flow are the best and I think the same is true here. 

"Nottingham Forest considering official complaint to PGMOL over performance of referee Stuart Attwell & assistants after Man Utd defeat. Forest “very angry” after number of decisions today and feel standards are worsening #nffc" 

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1695524195264852464?t=fiWjNk0AtyOAZVT2WkxlQA&s=19

Edited by p_cowell141

You know what, good for Forest. Too many teams just accept "Oh it's Old Trafford/Anfield, you don't get decisions there". Maybe if more teams kick up a fuss more attention will be drawn to it. I have always been convinced money is changing hands with referees and certain clubs.

Stuart Atwell is great example of the PGMOL persisting with a ref who's clearly not good enough. Some might remember him giving a goal that never even went in. He's utterly sub standard, and yet he's now an 'elite' ref. Ridiculous. It's happened with some many of them, Lee Mason, the Madeley's, take your pick of those two idiots, the bald midget. There's just too many to list really.

If they're not good enough, get rid and get better refs. However if the training is sub standard as the ones teaching them are sub standard...basically years and years of Mike Reilly being in charge, an absolutely atrocious ref, the refs will be sub standard, bar a couple who will rise above the shite.

Howard Webb, another ref who's not exactly one would recall as a great ref, good luck as he needs to make massive changes or this rotten lot will just continue on regardless.

Edited by Bimpy474

The thing with that red card is whilst it's questionable whether he was the last man or not he just pulled him down as he was through on goal. And I can't help but think a red in that situation is fine. Wouldn't mind "tactical fouls" being taken out of the game. 

The penalty on the other hand was bullshit. Defender is pulling out of it and Rashford makes sure that there is contact. If there's any doubt of "he played for that" they shouldn't be given. 

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Webb was someone who just acted like he had control since he was an ex-copper when In fact he was sub par as well.

The best refs are the ones you don't notice.

Yeah totally agree, we never get Michael Oliver as he's a Newcastle fan, but he's the best we've got. I think the list of good refs is basically him.

Could not be arsed to watch the Man U game live, but not surprised having watched it on MOTD to see the officials pitch in to make sure Man U got their win. Not surprised either to see Beeb joining in with the collusion, it's a long standing relationship.

Makes those who thought it was right for Mac Allister's red card overule ensuring a timely return tomorrow against direct rivals look a bit naive. The game is bent, but it's the marginal decisions where the refs and their nailed on flags make the difference.