Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve never bought the (sometimes childish) waffle about the referees favouring the Sky Six etc.  I also never thought VAR was a good idea.

But what it has done is exposed the incompetence of some of the officials - even with replays, multiple angles and slow motion they’re still making obvious errors.  The standard of refereeing in England is very poor at the moment - we saw that vs Milan, when a competent European ref allowed the game to flow. 

No one cares about incompetence, that evens itself out. VAR if it's used properly will at least rule out local bias. The problem is, at the moment VAR is controlled by humans who are inherently biased.

9 hours ago, Jordan said:

All for VAR when it’s Klopp getting fucked over. 

Yes, it's more of a 'welcome to the club' message. When the cunts get to half a dozen absolutely hideous VAR decisions we can finally sit down and say yeh we have some sympathy

There was certainly no media clamour when we got fucked over many times last season 

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

No one cares about incompetence, that evens itself out. VAR if it's used properly will at least rule out local bias. The problem is, at the moment VAR is controlled by humans who are inherently biased.

No one cares about incompetence? ???

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

That first yellow for Jota was ridiculous imo. Surely there has to be a modicum of common sense; if he's deliberately impeded him then it's your 'cynical foul' and a yellow all day, but there's no intent and barely a nick of contact - barely even a collision. Insanely unlucky imo. 

Jota fouled once already before that, where he could have easily gotten a yellow.

Regarding the wrong offside call:  the refs cannot do anything if the play has resumed. 

Edited by KingArthur

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Is the rule that "If play has resumed, you can't go back and change a decision"? 

If so, that's a stupid rule.

If it is not, why these wrong decisions haven't been changed. I always thought when the game is resumed the decision is final.

There's nothing wrong with VAR if it's not being operated by peole without any human bias. But obviously the cunts in charge of VAR are the same as the rest of us. Massively fucking biased.

I think you're placing too much emphasis on the bias and less on human error and incompetence being a factor

What bias could be at play disallowing the Liverpool goal yesterday? It was clearly human error/incompetence 

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think you're placing too much emphasis on the bias and less on human error and incompetence being a factor

What bias could be at play disallowing the Liverpool goal yesterday? It was clearly human error/incompetence 

I wasn't referring to one particular game. It was about the overall process.

It obviously hurts when it happens to your club but some of the rage this induces goes way over the top as if they haven't fucked up at work ever. I oscillate between being pro var and against it, ithink it is used overly pedantically, however the irony is the Liverpool disallowed goal is exactly what it should be for when there is a clear error. Hate it when it is used to disallow a goal for an offside so fractional it would be impossible to see by human eye

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Yes, it's more of a 'welcome to the club' message. When the cunts get to half a dozen absolutely hideous VAR decisions we can finally sit down and say yeh we have some sympathy

There was certainly no media clamour when we got fucked over many times last season 

Somebody make a compilation of all the corrupt VAR decisions that Liverpool have received in their favour. That might silence them.

The hyperbole behind the Liverpool VAR decision has reached a fever pitch like. It was an egregious error, but what team hasn't had a few of those go against them? 

Asking for a higher level of competence from match officials should be expected and is sorely needed. Seeing comments about the integrity of the title race being compromised is just :anguish:

Sick already of hearing about how it was the worst officiating performance in the history of the premier league. Fucking biased nonsense. Terrible offside decision sure. Everything else was either fine or arguable as being fine. Fucking Liverpool and the victim narrative after years of them getting huge numbers of unfair decisions. The gall man 

I've just seen the disallowed goal in the Tottenham-Liverpool game and it has to be one of the worst (and funniest) decisions ever because not only it went to VAR check but they still made the wrong call in the end. 😅

I agree that there's a part of incompetence from some of the refs that results in these kind of VAR errors. But I also think that the new timewasting rule is to blame. It places additional pressure on the VAR team to reach a quick decision to prevent matches from exceeding the 100-minute mark. And as seen yesterday and probably will many more times this season, will result in a hasty and bungled decision taken

Edited by DebuchyAndTheBeast