Dogawful Officiating: PL clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

If you listen to the audio that BBC transcript is another layer of incorrect communication :lol: 

the VAR says 'that's fine' it's the ref that says off after blowing his whistle, not the VAR. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c9rek7q7kqpo according to this he does

Listening to this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67003308

With the context that the onfield decision is offside.

He says check "Check complete. Check complete. that's fine. Perfect."

Whistle is blown immediately. Someone says "Off. Playing."

That's the correct procedure. But the VAR has said the wrong thing - a mistake. VAR has either not understood the onfield decision and confirmed the wrong outcome, or has not understood it is onside and has confirmed the wrong outcome.

In either case. VAR made the wrong decision.

What needs to change is specifying what the check complete decision is. "Check complete - number x back foot is playing number y right foot onside. The goal should stand." Or to the contrary. What they use is open to confusion.

So it's the onfield ref saying "off" not the VAR?

Just now, joeyt said:

So it's the onfield ref saying "off" not the VAR?

Aye, see 0:57 in here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/3718057?sf269410963=1

In the end, VAR does not clearly communicate its final decision. I mean, what the hell is: "Check complete, check complete, that's fine, perfect" supposed to actually mean to the referee? Best part is the self congratulating "well done boys, good process" to put the cherry on their shit cake :mackems:

18 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It's a human error. They happen all the time in football. Deal with it and move on.

Delighted Jones' card hasn't been overturned... that was as clear a red as you'll ever see.

I mean this is different like, everyone has been shafted by VAR but I would be wanting a rematch if this happened to us :lol:

It being Liverpool adds another element to it, so people aren't as sympathetic as they would be to most other teams I think, but it is outrageous.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Even I didn't think this prick would be so brazen. :lol:

Give Jones the extra game that frivolous appeal deserves and if they put a formal request in for a replay then deduct three points for frivolity there, too.

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Yeah sure lets just start replaying games when the referee makes a mistake. :lol: Part of me would love to see it and for Spurs to win 3-0 though. 

Brighton would be pissed if this actually happened, after last seasons shenanigans!

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Yeah sure lets just start replaying games when the referee makes a mistake. :lol: Part of me would love to see it and for Spurs to win 3-0 though. 

It’d only be fair if it were replayed and Spurs had to play with 9. For Liverpool’s pain and suffering.

Ridiculous suggestions like replaying games were probably inevitable and dare I say are absolutely necessary if VAR is going to stop being a mess. Push beyond what you want to get what you want. Yeah it's funny for the people who despise Liverpool, but it's a universal problem and there would 100% be the same sort of reaction on here if it had happened to us, there just wouldn't be as much of a spotlight on it. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, madras said:

Is he really saying every time there's a mistake the game should be replayed ? Embarrassing. Brighton would have played about 8 extra games last season.

No, you don't understand. This is unprecedented

Knew thus would happen the second it happened to Liverpool, they shouldn't but it wouldn't surprise me at all if its replayed now. Absolute disgrace even having to cheek to say that, fucking cunts man, what a despicable club