Dogawful Officiating: PL clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Posted (edited)
On 27/04/2024 at 23:51, Yorkie said:

MotD in unison saying get rid of VAR whilst simultaneously laughing at the prospect of that ever actually becoming a reality. That's where we're at with this shit. It's crap and it's going nowhere. Yay football. 

They'll want rid of it but I bet if VAR did go, they'd continue to haul the refs, assistants etc over the coals about every single contentious decision, using their mega technology to do so.

Maybe if the TV companies agreed to get shot of their bazillion camera angles, superdooper slo-mo replays, 3D graphics, etc, it might work. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Can't believe Wilson got booked, when he got straight back up, and didn't even appeal :lol: 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Can't believe Wilson got booked, when he got straight back up, and didn't even appeal :lol: 

Yup. Ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

I mean, he still dived and only got straight up because it wasn't a particularly good one

The standard or refereeing in this country is shocking like. Trying to let ‘ the game flow’ has ended up with clear fouls not being given. Then you see a soft free kick given like in the Arsenal game

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

Just because he got back up and didn't appeal means it still wasn't a dive.  Was quite blatant imo.

Where were the guys defending for this mother fucking cunt for the Europa Final (Roma vs Sevilla)? I remember some were saying he was a good ref and got all decision spot on.

Fucking hell

42 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Just because he got back up and didn't appeal means it still wasn't a dive.  Was quite blatant imo.

Theres been plenty worse that refs have told to get up without booking them. 

Think i was raging the entire game despite comfortably winning. :lol:

Without anything happening i think this is comfortably the worst refereeing performance I've seen this season. Different rules depending on which team you play for.

Totally schizoid performance. Certain decisions I'd be ok with, but when you take into account other decisions made in this game, along with the last 15 years of refereeing precedent, they were mental.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Shouldn't Samedo have been given a red card in the Man City game? No attempt to win the ball, brings Haaland down when through. Or it can't be if it's also a pen?

Yes if no attempt to play the ball.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Did he stop the game to book Wilson?  I thought he’d might have kept it in after getting up. 

I’m watching the game back now.  He did keep it in.  Then played it off a player for what would have been a corner.  Maybe it’s my ignorance of the rules but I didn’t think a ref could stop play and give a free kick to a team for a dive.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald