Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Horrendous

In that world players can do as many leg breaking tackles as they want in a match knowing they won't get sent off. Where's the fairness in that?

Then the appropriate lengthy match bans and fines await any player that decides to go in like that.

Just now, magvicar said:

Then the appropriate lengthy match bans and fines await any player that decides to go in like that.

So Newcastle are playing Man Utd in a cup final.

Fernandes breaks Isak's leg as he's through on goal and he's given a red card but can continue playing the game. Isak is stretchered off injured. Fernandes then goes on to score the winning goal in the last minute.

You'd be happy with that situation because Fernandes will get a ban in upcoming games?

On a purely spectacle basis it definitely spoils the game when a sending off occurs. In response to your ideas I don't think they're workable or even fair. 

Perhaps an enforced substitution of the red card recipient? It would keep it 11 v 11 but any miscreant is still punished.

1 minute ago, frankpingel said:

On a purely spectacle basis it definitely spoils the game when a sending off occurs. In response to your ideas I don't think they're workable or even fair. 

Perhaps an enforced substitution of the red card recipient? It would keep it 11 v 11 but any miscreant is still punished.

Why should the team that have committed a red card offence be in any way allowed to still have 11 players on the pitch still?

Jack Grealish gets sent off for Man City but they're allowed to bring Kevin de Bruyne on and still have 11 men on the pitch- how is that anywhere close to being fair :lol:

Just now, joeyt said:

So Newcastle are playing Man Utd in a cup final.

Fernandes breaks Isak's leg as he's through on goal and he's given a red card but can continue playing the game. Isak is stretchered off injured. Fernandes then goes on to score the winning goal in the last minute.

You'd be happy with that situation because Fernandes will get a ban in upcoming games?

No I wouldn't be happy.

And you make a very good point which is why I said it what I say was subjective.

But let's offer that the other way and Isak breaks Fernandes' leg as he's through on goal and then Isak scores the winner.

I mean, if we're honest, in that scenario, I'm fairly sure we wouldn't be complaining but Man Utd would.

Swings and roundabouts.

However, I think, on the whole it looks pointless to keep 11 v 11 but to have massive fines and lengthy bans, I think that in itself will actually benefit the game rather than hinder it and also keep the game cleaner.

Obviously it is just my massively subjective opinion but I do get your point.

I don't really get all of these calls for refs to be mic'd up tbh. I don't really have any interest in hearing them fuck up on top of watching them fuck up. Transparency and explanation doesn't correct a wrong decision, it changes nothing. 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why should the team that have committed a red card offence be in any way allowed to still have 11 players on the pitch still?

Jack Grealish gets sent off for Man City but they're allowed to bring Kevin de Bruyne on and still have 11 men on the pitch- how is that anywhere close to being fair :lol:

It was just an initial response to magvicar, rather than simply shooting it straight down. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't really get all of these calls for refs to be mic'd up tbh. I don't really have any interest in hearing them fuck up on top of watching them fuck up. Transparency and explanation doesn't correct a wrong decision, it changes nothing. 

At least fans would get an explanation as to why a decision was made.

3 minutes ago, magvicar said:

At least fans would get an explanation as to why a decision was made.

We get that anyway, usually through the commentators, or eventually. Seems like a total waste of time and effort for what's barely a benefit. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

We get that anyway, usually through the commentators, or eventually. Seems like a total waste of time and effort for what's barely a benefit. 

Aye but at times commentators are baffled by decisions and basically try to offer their own.

I just think very contentious decisions would be better explained on field, briefly, just so the fans get the gist.

I wouldn't want all decisions to be spoken out on the pitch, just the extreme one's that offer fan bafflement.

1 minute ago, magvicar said:

Aye but at times commentators are baffled by decisions and basically try to offer their own.

I just think very contentious decisions would be better explained on field, briefly, just so the fans get the gist.

I wouldn't want all decisions to be spoken out on the pitch, just the extreme one's that offer fan bafflement.

Not for me Jeff. Total waste of time and just another layer of confusion and arbitrary opinion on what is and isn't extreme that would end up in every decision being listened to. 

14 hours ago, madras said:

I'd like to see that at least trialled at a decent level. 

However it wouldn't have made a difference to the other nights debacle.

It would sort a lot of shit out and would negate them needing to explain afterwards.

Completely agree that Mitro should get hammered with a ban but the lack of accountability of the refs is disgraceful.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I’ve said it before but I would be for forcing a substitution and giving a penalty/goal rather than sending players off like, red cards often either completely ruin games or they do nowt (if they’re too late).

Red card absolutely kills the buzz, whenever there's a red in a match I'm watching as a neutral I'm likely to turn it off or turn my attention to something else while having it on the background. It's just shite.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Red card absolutely kills the buzz, whenever there's a red in a match I'm watching as a neutral I'm likely to turn it off or turn my attention to something else while having it on the background. It's just shite.

As a spectator maybe but if you're supporting or playing for a team involved a red card is justice. And a red card for the bigger team can make it a more entertaining game

Edited by joeyt

4 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

If true, well its the Mail, it’s embarrassing for Andre Marraner

Depends what the ref did, to be fair. They might've nutted his kid for all we know. 

7 hours ago, magvicar said:

A subjective opinion.

I think there should never be a sending off in any football game.

Red and yellow cards, yes but no sending off with them.

I think all football games should be played with 11 players each on the field.

The punishments should come via match bans.

For instance, let's take the Man Utd v Fulham game as an instance.

We know the red cards were warranted for all but to send off Willian and then Mitro basically handed the tie to Man Utd.

Now I know some will argue..so what...it's punishment for Fulham players...but is it really needed that badly because the Fulham players get punished with a penalty and also match bans and fines.

How would it work?

Willian concedes the penalty and also gets a red card....but.... the red card for deliberate handball can be two games ban. Obviously Mitro shoving the ref in the manner he did and acting sort of intimidating also gets a red but maybe a 5 game ban and a FA fine plus a club fine of his club deem it necessary.

Now then, what if a player goes on to get another yellow?

Then it adds to the yellows that accumulate.

Two yellows in a game equals one red and immediate one game ban.

What if a player on red gets another red.

Add in the appropriate ban and fine.

Obviously this is massively open to criticism but I just think a football game should be contested equally in terms of player numbers.

What does everyone think? 

I think you need the lay off the coffee or hard drugs, well whichever one made you come up with that madness.

15 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not for me Jeff. Total waste of time and just another layer of confusion and arbitrary opinion on what is and isn't extreme that would end up in every decision being listened to. 

Aye, I suppose you do have a good point in that.