Southampton -1

Wolves -1

Bournemouth -2

Leeds -2

Tottenham -3

Manchester City -4

Brighton & Hove Albion -6

^
Current net total of positive/negative decisions going for/against PL teams by VAR. Doesn't take into consideration if a decision is "wrong" or not, it just shows how much VAR has "helped" a team or not.

Edited by Kaizero

Saying either Spurs paid for that performance or the PL have decided they wanted Spurs to win sounds crazy, but the alternative (that it was a series of dodgy calls) seems even more far-fetched [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Kaizero said:

VAR - NET SCORE - 2022/2023 

Brentford +5

Fulham +5

Liverpool +5

Aston Villa +2

Newcastle +2

Nottm Forest +2

West Ham +2

Leicester City 0

Manchester United 0

Arsenal -1

Chelsea -1

Crystal Palace -1

Everton -1

Southampton -1

Wolves -1

Bournemouth -2

Leeds -2

Tottenham -3

Manchester City -4

Brighton & Hove Albion -6

^
Current net total of positive/negative decisions going for/against PL teams by VAR. Doesn't take into consideration if a decision is "wrong" or not, it just shows how much VAR has "helped" a team or not.

I think the "Doesn't take into consideration if a decision is wrong or not" bit is quite the caveat.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Does that mean anything? 

With regards to the statements people are making regarding which teams are "benefitting" from VAR, yes. Other than that, no. Some of the most popular statements being made on here concerns VAR absolutely fucking us over all the time and showing preference for the "top six", which is false. I've already made my opinion quite clear on the subject, the standard of refereeing and there not being a unanimous decision reached amongst PL refs on how to use VAR is an absolute shitshow. If there was a set of rules all VAR refs had agreed to follow, as well as the standard of referees being much higher, VAR wouldn't be an issue. The reality at the moment however is that the referees are shit and there are no set rules for how they are to use VAR, which makes VAR absolute shit in action for the Premier League.

The standard of referees being absolute shit in the PL has been an issue for years, though. They're not elite athletes, they have inflated egos and they can't handle criticism. Referees at the top level need to be at least close to par fitness wise as the players they are meant to control. The PL refs all seeming to share the same narcissistic tendencies doesn't help either when you're meant to be impartial.

Edited by Kaizero

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Utterly despicable officiating from everyone involved in that Spurs-Brighton game.

I don’t get how you can’t call the Mitomo pen. He’s stamped on his foot as he’s about to step. It’s as clean a foul as you can see by every letter of the law. The others whilst IMO wrong are at least debatable to varying degrees but that other one is like Ederson wiping out Fraser.

I'm sure I just don't understand the rules, but why is Wilsons goal ruled out? I know that the scorer can't even touch the ball with his arm before scoring (absolute bullshit rule btw, Callum clearly gets no advantage from the ball coming off his arm there), but it comes off the defender before he scores, so surely that should have cancelled the potential hand ball involvement? 

I love the concept of VAR, but in classic British fashion you manage to over think, over regulate on details but not properly regulate the bigger issues and over complicate the use of it.

Mike Dean has a vacation home at the same golf resort as my father. I'm genuinely a bit reluctant to travel there in case I meet him again as I'm not sure I'd be able to contain myself from giving him grief/abuse :lol:

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

I'm sure I just don't understand the rules, but why is Wilsons goal ruled out? I know that the scorer can't even touch the ball with his arm before scoring (absolute bullshit rule btw, Callum clearly gets no advantage from the ball coming off his arm there), but it comes off the defender before he scores, so surely that should have cancelled the potential hand ball involvement? 

I think the rule discounts any touches from the opposition 

Hard to not think there isn’t an agenda against us when you have these decisions over the last two weeks, Joelinton’s disallowed goal v Southampton and Anderson’s v Forest.

Brighton were robbed there. The Mitoma goal was a howler from the lino, who's not supposed to be flag happy, that VAR probably could not conclusively correct (assuming it would even want to). However, the second handball doesn't even conclusively hit a hand. It's VAR using guesswork to reverse a decision, just as Wilson's was. Both penalty shouts are pens. The Mitoma one includes a freeze frame with Hojberg's foot on top of Mitoma's, conclusive proof of contact. Dunk's shirt is visibly being held in both hands.

Have Newcastle actually benefited from any dubious VAR call this season? 

Did the pope/Jimenez one even go to VAR?

The VAR table is a waste of time unless you are just going to have a table for 'dubious VAR calls'. Liverpool are undoubtedly the run away leaders that benefit, ironically wolves have been robbed of results a couple of seasons in a row due to some shocking decisions chalking off very good goals whilst even man city have had some shockers at anfield. These added to our horrific anfield list.

If things even themselves out that means the likes of Newcastle are due some ridiculous wave of fortune where as the Scouse and spuds should expect stuff hoofed out of play to be given as goals for the opposition 

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

Have Newcastle actually benefited from any dubious VAR call this season? 

Did the pope/Jimenez one even go to VAR?

The VAR table is a waste of time unless you are just going to have a table for 'dubious VAR calls'. Liverpool are undoubtedly the run away leaders that benefit, ironically wolves have been robbed of results a couple of seasons in a row due to some shocking decisions chalking off very good goals whilst even man city have had some shockers at anfield. These added to our horrific anfield list.

If things even themselves out that means the likes of Newcastle are due some ridiculous wave of fortune where as the Scouse and spuds should expect stuff hoofed out of play to be given as goals for the opposition 

That did go to VAR, all major incidents do go (so potential penalties or red cards), however in that case they deemed the referee didn't make a clear and obvious error (As it happens  I thought Jiminez jumped into Pope) 

Only other one I can think of is Trippier red being overturned after VAR intervenes but I thought that was a correct intervention