Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

53 minutes ago, Pata said:

It’s very close but don’t think he crossed the line with the shirt pulling or the arm lock and don’t think VAR overturns anything the onfield ref decided if it was in use.

Ballard seems like a player, love his physicality and pace.

Kind of irrelevant if you then fall over and trip the other player up who has the ball. No different to accidentally clipping someones’s heels. Still a foul. 

16 minutes ago, Cf said:

...the refs been fine. 

Good not having VAR. Bottled the Ballard decision. Luckily enough in the end. OG and a pen :lol:

I’m shocked he didn’t give Hume a second yellow. Handbags from both. So a yellow for both or neither.

Fine other than that, TBF. Pretty big non-calls, mind. 

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

That was so much nicer to watch without VAR like, allowed the game to flow, and to actually celebrate.

Was having to convince myself decisions actually stood and I could enjoy myself :lol:

If you're honest with yourself, that's a penalty but it's also never given. Otherwise the ref was fine.

Although I didn't think Gordon deserved the yellow for squaring up, you can see why it was given to avoid a brawl later on.

Got the Ballard one on Isak wrong and only booking Gordon and not Hume or Ballard for that scrap war a disgrace.

Otherwise he was fine. I reckon Steve Cram could have referred that today and we'd have won easily.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Got the Ballard one on Isak wrong and only booking Gordon and not Hume or Ballard for that scrap war a disgrace.

Otherwise he was fine. I reckon Steve Cram could have referred that today and we'd have won easily.

Should have sent Ballard off for the Isak incident in the first half.

Should have booked Hume as well as Gordon (and therefore sent him off) in the only incident of the game where tempers really boiled over.

Got the penalty call right at the end.

So there was three major refereeing decisions to make in the game and he only got one right.

Did the ref not give a foul against Gordon against Hume when he had his shirt ripped? That is what I thought the yellow card was for, rather than them squaring up afterwards.

He looked like he was playing royal rumble and tried to launch him over the top rope.

23 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

That Pawson looks like he's constantly about to burst into tears.

Nowhere near good enough.

It that's the little defender I'm pretty sure he also got concussed lmao. They showed a closeup with his mates dragging him up after blocking a shot I think and he looked like he had no idea where the fuck he was.

I'm sorry like, but that wasn't a foul on Isak, he was simply out-musculed, we'd have been raging if it had been given agaisnst us. Thought the ref had a good game.

29 minutes ago, Beth said:

I'm sorry like, but that wasn't a foul on Isak, he was simply out-musculed, we'd have been raging if it had been given agaisnst us. Thought the ref had a good game.

Outmuscled? :lol: He was behind him, grabbed his arm, his shirt, then tripped

over into the back of him. 

The biased as fuck pundits in the studio and McCoist doubling down on the ‘great defending’ nonsense have brainwashed people by the looks of it. 

If we did the same. I’d be extremely relieved if it wasn’t given. It’s a blatant foul and the ref bottled it to avoid dishing out an early red. 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I reckon it's a clear foul like, knew what he was doing by making sure he fell on Isak. 

Pleased it wasn't given in the end as they'd have tried and claimed, "it was an even match until the red-card". 

Plus the fact he got a goal and an assist

for us.

Cheers Drug Ballad. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Outmuscled? :lol: He was behind him, grabbed his arm, his shirt, then tripped

over into the back of him. 

The biased as fuck pundits in the studio and McCoist doubling down on the ‘great defending’ nonsense have brainwashed people by the looks of it. 

If we did the same. I’d be extremely relieved if it wasn’t given. It’s a blatant foul and the ref bottled it to avoid dishing out an early red. 

Blatant foul[emoji38]

2 hours ago, 54 said:

That was so much nicer to watch without VAR like, allowed the game to flow, and to actually celebrate.

I did enjoy being able to celebrate a goal without any doubts, but playing games like this against motivated rivals without VAR had me worried. It gives home sides more licence to kick the fuck out of our players, and some of them tried to do it, they just couldn't get close enough.Just glad to get out of there with the win and only one injury.