Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

That was the worst performance of a referee I have ever seen. Are there any consequences for the referees that has an agenda /fucks up this bad? He shouldn't be allowed to referee games in this league anymore, let alone one of our games. He obviously had something against us.

I have to admit that I didn't know who the referee prior to the performance last night. The standard of officials in this division has been disappointing and considering the Championship clubs invested into officiating ahead of this season to create a select group 2 batch it doesn't bode well for the future. Firstly I'd have to consider if this was a worthwhile investment or whether there is a consequence for poor officiating?!

This guy was not in his first season as an official, he seems rather card happy looking at his stats over the last 8 years and he has managed to progress to a Championship standard.

That was the worst performance of a referee I have ever seen. Are there any consequences for the referees that has an agenda /fucks up this bad? He shouldn't be allowed to referee games in this league anymore, let alone one of our games. He obviously had something against us.

No consequences, apart from the occasional drop from high profile games which I suspect is more to do with protecting the referee than punishing him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he is congratulated for creating talking points for Sky sports and the media in a game that should have been a routine win for us and no real talking points.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our ref was hopeless today. Gave quite a few fouls against us which didn't look like fouls and missed a lot of pushes and fouls on us.

Derby had a really good advantage at one stage in the second half and yet he decided to stop play to book Dummett as well

Part of the reason we were so vulnerable towards the end is because we got literally nothing from this useless bastard. How Carson got away with that I'll never know.

They were calls for a penalty for us just before as well. He eventually booked one of their players but couldn't wait to make it even and book one of ours.

Derby had a really good advantage at one stage in the second half and yet he decided to stop play to book Dummett as well

Was delighted about that because we looked in real trouble, Ince had a free run at our CB's.

Was delighted about that because we looked in real trouble, Ince had a free run at our CB's.

Aye same, bet the Derby fans were fuming at the ref for that

Incredibly inconsistent today, loads of more serious fouls missed and non fouls awarded as fouls. I particularly loved the first yellow card for something that would clearly have not been a card if it hadn't passed the 70 minute mark and thought 'better start handing out a few yellows' (albeit I guess may have warned player previously thinking about it. Just seemed mad not long after a bad tackle on shelvey that was let go with out a card at all)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...