Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

How can you not know that a retake was needed? It's absolutely staggering. Why didn't one of the other three officials pull him up on it immediately? Were they equally as clueless or just afraid to speak up?

What an complete farce.

Covering something up the little freaks. It's as routine a decision as you get.

Fucking disgusting. Apparently the referee and assistants are upset that they got it wrong. Fuck off are they, they took 5 minutes to come to the decision, in all that time our backroom staff were showing them the laws of the game.

I heard he originally gave it for Gayle's encroachment, but was told that would mean a re-take, then he changed it to Ritchie stuttering which he never did, but still gave the free kick from where Gayle encroached.

The referee had a momentary brain fart, he mixed up the restart for an Encroaching attacker when the goal was missed and applied it when the goal was scored.

Let's see who knows the penalty rules...

The Attacking team encroaches, but the keeper saves the kick pushing the ball out over the goal line - The correct Restart is?

The defending team encroaches, but the goal is scored - the correct restart is ?

The defending team encroaches, but the goal is not scored - the correct restart is ?

The Attacking team encroaches, but the attacker misses the kick shooting over the bar - The correct Restart is?

Both teams encroach, but the goal is scored - correct restart is?

The Attacking team encroaches, and the goal is scored - The correct Restart is?

When did encroaching during penalties stop being a reason to retake it?

Really bugs me how refs never enforce this, this was Burton's penalty against Wolves at the weekend. The keeper saves the penalty and one of the players who has encroached then clears the ball.

What is the ref looking at there? What is he doing?

image.jpg

Encroachment at penalties is hardly ever punished too like, the referees barely ever give it now which is madness.

Incredible when you look at this back in September, which was never even retaken.

The referee had a momentary brain fart, he mixed up the restart for an Encroaching attacker when the goal was missed and applied it when the goal was scored.

Let's see who knows the penalty rules...

The Attacking team encroaches, but the keeper saves the kick pushing the ball out over the goal line - The correct Restart is?

The defending team encroaches, but the goal is scored - the correct restart is ?

The defending team encroaches, but the goal is not scored - the correct restart is ?

The Attacking team encroaches, but the attacker misses the kick shooting over the bar - The correct Restart is?

Both teams encroach, but the goal is scored - correct restart is?

The Attacking team encroaches, and the goal is scored - The correct Restart is?

The only bloke in the ground who didn't know the correct rule was the qualified official.

When did encroaching during penalties stop being a reason to retake it?

Agree - Encroachment at the PK has become almost an accepted part of the game.  And if it was called "per the letter of the law" there would be a dozen retakes for every penalty awarded.

It makes me wonder what the official direction the referees are being given by the leagues about how to manage encroachment.  The referees get coaching and guidance on so many parts of the game  (what to focus on, what to pay less attention to) that you wonder what they are being asked to do with encroachment.

I for one will not rest until every member of his family is drawn and quartered.

Honestly too soft a punishment for this level of incompetence

:lol: I'd be furious if I'd have watched too

Would have been a replay starting with a retaken pen if we hadn't won this like.  There would have been hell on.

Nope

Why "nope"?

Sky Sports are showing that there has been a precedent in this, where England ladies had to go down this route.

Fair enough the referee could have a lapse in concentration, but there's 4 officials. They stood on the touchline for long enough discussing it, how the fuck can you still not have it retaken? God knows.

We've had some shocking decisions go against​ us this season, the sheer volume of them though is nuts.

Would have been a replay starting with a retaken pen if we hadn't won this like.  There would have been hell on.

Nope

Why "nope"?

Sky Sports are showing that there has been a precedent in this, where England ladies had to go down this route.

It just wouldn't happen, it wouldn't even happen if it had been awarded against Chelsea.

Fair enough the referee could have a lapse in concentration, but there's 4 officials. They stood on the touchline for long enough discussing it, how the fuck can you still not have it retaken? God knows.

We've had some shocking decisions go against​ us this season, the sheer volume of them though is nuts.

Exactly. The statement seems so suggest that not one of the four understands even the most basic laws of the game. Set them all on fire.

It's desperately shit that what happened tonight. However, there's nothing to drive the quality of referees up giving that 90% of them are completely abused every weekend and 50% of that 90% are probably abused to the point of being threatened to be chinned. Made up figures like...but I suspect that's about right.

The point I am making is that as a Sunday league player I know it's difficult to get referees at times and that's largely down to the fact it's simply not worth £30 to go and be abused by around 22 grown blokes each Sunday.

There needs to be widescale reform in this country with regards to football.

Nonetheless, tonight's ref is a cock and should suffer profusely [emoji38]

Stroud was annoying in a Neil Midgely style of "everyones come to see me". Watch when he gives the pen, how long it takes him, he's running towards the spot, keeps running waits for all eyes to be on him..........then gives it. Then if you get a chance watch him as he blows for the kick itself, he does like a lunge and point as he blows for the lick to be taken.

Fair enough the referee could have a lapse in concentration, but there's 4 officials. They stood on the touchline for long enough discussing it, how the f*** can you still not have it retaken? God knows.

Ego and stubbornness on the part of the referee to accept that

1 - he was wrong

and 2 - he couldn't get out of it

So he refused to listen to the 4th official

When he ran over to the touchline i thought oh he's realised he's fucked up and he's gone over to the linesman to buy himself a minute, then he can say after discussing it with his pal the correct action was retaking it.

All four of them forgetting, i can't accept that. Not when the semi conscious borderline alcoholic behind me quoted the rule perfectly.