Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Missed that, where was it said?

The Ref came over to the sidelines and the 4th Official had a tablet with him and repeatedly told him the correct rule; the Ref was having none of it or didn't have the balls to admit he was wrong. It was a complete farce, Rafa was absolutely livid. There was only 1 person in the whole ground who thought it should be a free kick to Burton. I'd have that idiot made to explain what exactly went on, why he wouldn't change his decision and then I'd suspend him for a month.

Shelvey lost his head for the next 5 minutes and lunged into a couple of challenges; the consequences if he'd been sent off and we'd not won could have been the difference between going up or not. You can't have huge outcomes being heavily affected by a Ref not knowing a basic rule. It was chaos; I've seen nowt like it.

It's not so much the fact he made a mistake, we all make mistakes, its the fact he wouldn't change his decision. How much of an arrogant cunt do you have to be to be shown the law, have players officials and fans telling you you're wrong and still ignore them and compound things? Shit scared of looking like he's done something wrong so he tries to bluff it out. Egotistical little wanker shouldn't ref again, fuck him.

It's not so much the fact he made a mistake, we all make mistakes, its the fact he wouldn't change his decision. How much of an arrogant cunt do you have to be to be shown the law, have players officials and fans telling you you're wrong and still ignore them and compound things? Shit scared of looking like he's done something wrong so he tries to bluff it out. Egotistical little wanker shouldn't ref again, fuck him.

:thup: The stubbornness in the face of obvious incorrectness is what I can't handle.

Missed that, where was it said?

The Ref came over to the sidelines and the 4th Official had a tablet with him and repeatedly told him the correct rule; the Ref was having none of it or didn't have the balls to admit he was wrong. It was a complete farce, Rafa was absolutely livid. There was only 1 person in the whole ground who thought it should be a free kick to Burton. I'd have that idiot made to explain what exactly went on, why he wouldn't change his decision and then I'd suspend him for a month.

Shelvey lost his head for the next 5 minutes and lunged into a couple of challenges; the consequences if he'd been sent off and we'd not won could have been the difference between going up or not. You can't have huge outcomes being heavily affected by a Ref not knowing a basic rule. It was chaos; I've seen nowt like it.

Yep, each of the three officials involved on that side of the pitch should be interviewed separately to establish what conversations took place. If it comes out that the referee was shown the laws of the game but wilfully refused to apply them correctly then that goes beyond being simply a horrendous mistake and really is a sackable offence.

I don't agree with the second point mind. The referee isn't responsible for the way players react to his decisions. Part of being a (good) professional player is having the mentality to carry on in the face of adversity and not allowing your focus to get distracted.

Another one out of his league today, played right into Wednesday's hands.

You would have thought after what happened in midweek they would be avoiding hardly punishing our players today, but the referee gave them a free kick every time they went down, which was a lot.

Did the ball go out of play before they won the throw for the second goal? Sure it did when the kid slid well out wide to 'keep it in play'.

Yes, and we should have had a free kick in anyway.

Did the ball go out of play before they won the throw for the second goal? Sure it did when the kid slid well out wide to 'keep it in play'.

Thought so. Won't even get a mention on Sky.

If that's happens against Man Utd tomorrow that's all we'll fucking hear about.

Thought so. Won't even get a mention on Sky.

If that's happens against Man Utd tomorrow that's all we'll fucking hear about.

You say that as though Man Utd will have a decision go against them.

Free kick for the first goal was an awful dive too, plus Bannan should have been sent off. After seeing the refereeing last night it seems fairly obvious who this league is all about and Brighton are in for a rude awakening next season when they're a small fish in a big pond and they won't be given such an easy ride.

The referee was poor again today, but he wasn't the reason we lost and you're kidding yourself if you think it's an excuse.

It's not an excuse, we lost because we were shit and deserved to get beat. But the referee did give them a helping hand on the way.

Guest neesy111

Are they using video technology in Spain? Kept seeing play stop for long periods during the Malaga - Barca game especially the first goal.

Nope.

Football should be very simple regarding anything like that. At any professional level, Barcelona, Ross County etc.

No bullshit about this official not seeing the incident or that official seeing it and stopping further action... Ban and that's it.

Football should be very simple regarding anything like that. At any professional level, Barcelona, Ross County etc.

No bullshit about this official not seeing the incident or that official seeing it and stopping further action... Ban and that's it.

I think they can ban in Scotland for stuff like this, cant they?

I may have totally made that up mind, but I'm sure someone was banned for a similar incident in Scotland.

When it's this blatant, and no action was taken at the time then, yeah, he'll most likely get punished.

But at the higher level, there's nothing being done. Look at Suarez's reaction the other week against PSG. Premierleague even made an official rule amendment a couple summers ago, but no action is ever really taken.