Dogawful Officiating: PL clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Thought for a minute that he wasn't going to give the handball  :lol: Was absolutely creasing.

Did he blow the whistle? I never heard it, to me it had seemed he'd just gone over and sent him off without stopping play  :lol:

The save was amazing, right in front of me as well. I've seen handballs on the line before but never a proper diving save :lol:

Aye, it was literally so obvious as well. Didn't try to hide it at all like.

Referee took an age to give it like, I wonder if the linesman had a word in his ear because he didn't blow or point for a penalty for ages after it happened.

The save was amazing, right in front of me as well. I've seen handballs on the line before but never a proper diving save :lol:

Referee took an age to give it like, I wonder if the linesman had a word in his ear because he didn't blow or point for a penalty for ages after it happened.

Having just watched the full 90 thing on the official site, it was only 7 seconds from the time he handled it, to the red being shown :lol:

Having just watched the full 90 thing on the official site, it was only 7 seconds from the time he handled it, to the red being shown :lol:

:lol: It felt like an eternity.

Football should be very simple regarding anything like that. At any professional level, Barcelona, Ross County etc.

No bullshit about this official not seeing the incident or that official seeing it and stopping further action... Ban and that's it.

I think they can ban in Scotland for stuff like this, cant they?

I may have totally made that up mind, but I'm sure someone was banned for a similar incident in Scotland.

Given a 2 game ban :thup:

This ones even better:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10850596/dive-of-the-season

:lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The trouble is the panels will consist of people who are equally incompetent and bias as the referee's.

Agree with this, there's a lot of people who don't really understand the difference between diving and overreacting to contact ( but still a foul).

I'm interested to see how they are going to rule on things like that.

The trouble is the panels will consist of people who are equally incompetent and bias as the referee's.

Agree with this, there's a lot of people who don't really understand the difference between diving and overreacting to contact ( but still a foul).

I'm interested to see how they are going to rule on things like that.

It's my main reservation. A good idea in principle but I fear it will cause more problems than it solves.

Also, they had better make sure they review every single free-kick, or every "play-on", in every game. Not just the "big" incidents.

I've always wanted bans for diving and the issue has become a big deal for me, I've found myself switching off games because of it, it puts me off the sport. I feel like this isn't going to work though, I bet about 2 people will be banned next season and they'll be at relegation fodder clubs.

Gives referees more of an excuse to bottle the decision and wave play on when they clearly should be giving someone a second yellow/ book a rooney for diving, in the knowledge that it'll be picked up on later so they don't have to make the controversial call themselves.

Also, in reference to leffes correct point above, it will give more power to the tv companies to decide which incidents are highlighted for the fa to review, because they sure as s*** aren't going to have someone sit through every minute of every game analysing every coming together.

On the other hand, it needed addressing and I couldn't think of a better solution so fair f***s to them I guess

I kinda think it will work actually, refs will probably assume not a dive more often mind and thus more pens given etc, but players will have to stop diving when they start getting suspensions after the fact. However it does not solve all the issues, as yes someone pokes someone in the face will still lead to players dropping like they're shot and a red card to the offender of the poke. Not sure how you can solve that in a way. I think red card for both sides in stupid head to head fake headbutt cases.

Not well thought through.  The side who are cheated against get nowt but the next two sides who play the offenders team don't have to face the player who is suspended. 

They could be relegation rivals of the cheated team who are then doubly penalised.  For example if Kane gets suspended for diving to win a pen against Sunderland which is scored and spurs win, he is then banned for the next two games against Boro and hull.

Gives referees more of an excuse to bottle the decision and wave play on when they clearly should be giving someone a second yellow/ book a rooney for diving, in the knowledge that it'll be picked up on later so they don't have to make the controversial call themselves.

Also, in reference to leffes correct point above, it will give more power to the tv companies to decide which incidents are highlighted for the fa to review, because they sure as s*** aren't going to have someone sit through every minute of every game analysing every coming together.

On the other hand, it needed addressing and I couldn't think of a better solution so fair f***s to them I guess

It's only for penalties and dives leading to red cards so the TV stations won't have any influence