Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

SSN right now. Stelling arguing that there's not big team bias with referees, Thompson arguing otherwise. I never thought  I'd be on Thompson's side in an argument against Stelling. :lol:

There is certainly big team bias at times, but there is also home team bias, irrespective of team size. I've also seen "small-team" bias where a "smaller" team plays defensively and gets away with persistent fouling and cynicism. Leicester benefitted from this, and when I was in Scotland I would see it all the time against Celtic and Rangers. Refs would let smaller teams get away with murder at times, particularly at home.

:thup: True. I think it's more just referees aren't consistent full stop. Was just really strange to hear Stelling so adamant that he doesn't see why referees would be swayed in such situations, when he's ordinarily there as a voice of reason.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Not that we weren't shit, or that we shouldn't have conceded more, but that's the worst performance from officials in a while. Constant niggly free kicks over nothing, and obviously a disallowed goal that wasn't even tight, clearly onside.

Not that we weren't shit, or that we shouldn't have conceded more, but that's the worst performance from officials in a while. Constant niggly free kicks over nothing, and obviously a disallowed goal that wasn't even tight, clearly onside.

Its tight even with pause and slow motion replays, its basically a guess without those things :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Its tight even with pause and slow motion replays, its basically a guess without those things [emoji38]

Honestly thought it was really obvious tbh. Thought it was on in real time and it's as clear as day to me on the replay. Like I said though, we were still shit.

Another awful referee again yesterday although his performance had no impact on the result. Why can't the richest most popular league in the World get decent officials to take control of the games?

The refereeing in last year's Euros was immense and then you see the sh*te we have to put up with.

Another awful referee again yesterday although his performance had no impact on the result. Why can't the richest most popular league in the World get decent officials to take control of the games?

The refereeing in last year's Euros was immense and then you see the sh*te we have to put up with.

Apart from the offside goal that wasn't

Apart from the offside goal that wasn't

His linesman gave that. It was so marginal you wouldn't expect the referee to call that tbf.

• 3 weeks later...