Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Be nice for a shit decision in terms of 'diving' etc to go our way for once.

Also, how come Sterling didn't get booked for diving outside the box at the Leazes?

But aye, naive from our players with 'slight' touches on the City players when you know they'll fall over...however there was on point where Diame literally got hugged to the ground and the ref totally ignored it. 

Guest firetotheworks

Gayle was a possible, Merino was a definite pen imo. I feel like we'll get one when it isn't a penalty, just to fuck with this ridiculous record we have of being shafted by refs.

Guest neesy111

Neither were pens imo, Gayle’s was another Oscar contender, and Merino stumbled and lost his balance.  We’d be furious if either were given against us.

This.

Guest firetotheworks

Neither were pens imo, Gayle’s was another Oscar contender, and Merino stumbled and lost his balance.  We’d be furious if either were given against us.

We've had plenty against us like that, because in the modern game, they're often given. The difference is that we don't get these decisions, it's not consigned to us by any means, any team outside of the top 6 is generally less likely to get them. Check out Chelsea's penalty today for an example.

We've had plenty against us like that, because in the modern game, they're often given. The difference is that we don't get these decisions, it's not consigned to us by any means, any team outside of the top 6 is generally less likely to get them. Check out Chelsea's penalty today for an example.

I agree with this but it doesn’t make them any more penalties, just highlights the bias to the bigger teams

Guest firetotheworks

I agree with this but it doesn’t make them any more penalties, just highlights the bias to the bigger teams

Potato/Potahto when it comes down to it. We haven't had any penalty decision go our way in the PL for 4 years or something. You'd think we'd get a soft one at some point.

This.

I didn`t think either were until I saw the replays.  Maybe I saw it wrong, remembered wrong or just don`t know outside of clear cut what constitutes a penalty anymore.

Dermot Gallagher sticking up for Dean. Saying it's not a pen but he can understand why he's given it. Why is the referee shop such a closed one? Gallagher should say Dean has fucked up big time not tittle-tattle about the where's and why fors.

Gayle was a possible, Merino was a definite pen imo. I feel like we'll get one when it isn't a penalty, just to f*** with this ridiculous record we have of being shafted by refs.

We'll get one when it has no concequence on the outcome of the game. In injury time when we're 3-0 down or something

Wish Gayle cuts it out though. It's embarrassing.

Will gladly take one those West Brom penalties though. That falls from the sky with no one even expecting or appealing for one.

Tbh I'm now of the opinion that we need people like Gayle from this perspective. He's one of the few players that argues with the ref, too. For years now, I swear we've had the calmest team in the league as far as putting pressure on a referee. The useless fuckers are too dumb to do the job properly of their own accord, you need to put that pressure on them.

I'm a bit of a drama queen conspiracy theorist but I'm certain refs are told to fuck us over. We rarely if ever benefit from dodgy decisions and indeed don't even get obvious ones. It happens way too much to be coincidence.

Wish Gayle cuts it out though. It's embarrassing.

Will gladly take one those West Brom penalties though. That falls from the sky with no one even expecting or appealing for one.

Tbh I'm now of the opinion that we need people like Gayle from this perspective. He's one of the few players that argues with the ref, too. For years now, I swear we've had the calmest team in the league as far as putting pressure on a referee. The useless fuckers are too dumb to do the job properly of their own accord, you need to put that pressure on them.

All for putting pressure on officials, but not interested in blatant cheats in the team I support.

Not seen the incident today, but Gayle's reputation might have cost us a real penalty from reading through the match thread.

Just came in here to post exactly this. It's now getting to the point where I feel like a conspiracy theorist. How long has it been now since we were awarded a penalty? And almost all the shouts for them have been legitimate. Today even the commentator agreed it should've been given. Then you see how opposing players are treated for their absurd, violent challenges, whereas we don't even get the benefit of the doubt. The game is fucking bent.