Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I'm surprised he's being charged. While I think he did do it deliberately based on him having a go at Yedlin moments earlier, I think it's a one that's hard to prove was deliberate as a stand-alone moment.

:thup:

I'm surprised he's being charged. While I think he did do it deliberately based on him having a go at Yedlin moments earlier, I think it's a one that's hard to prove was deliberate as a stand-alone moment.

The FA don't need to "prove" anything going by Shelvey's "racist" comment charge last season. All the witnesses for the "prosecution" had a different version of what Shelvey supposedly said while all the NUFC players who said he didn't say what he was accused of were ignored.

Can see him getting off anyway tbh. No way of proving guilt, it's markedly different to the Shelvey one. And 'he's not that kind of player' will count for something.

Nah it's blatant as hell, it's obvious what he's tried to do which is why the FA have charged him.

I thought it was definitely deliberate. As far as I recall Yedlin pulled his legs back in to avoid crashing into Hemed and then Hemed seemed to pause before choosing to stand on Yedlin. I immediately thought it was afters from their previous spat.

Deserves a ban if they are being consistent.

But, this is plucky little Brighton, who's team has such a great connection with their fans, and they make their home games like cup tie atmospheres (MOTD2).

Plus, we nicked their Championship title off them on the last day last season.

Yedlin will probably get banned instead.

Arguably the strongest sanction a team can face is having a player sent off early in a game, probably more so than a three game ban given after a player has played the full game.  They still field eleven players during the ban.

Perhaps they should consider something like one game less ban if a sending off occurs in the first half, as opposed to a ban given retrospectively.

Nah disagree with that mind. Think that Watford player knee capped someone in the first half. No way should that merit him being off the pitch less time than Shelvey and Hemed.

I meant when comparing two equal offences. Obviously a more serious offence should mean a longer ban.