One Year On - Well Done Mr Pardew

Crumpy Gunt

Hats off to him he has been excellent. Particularly love listening to him - he comes across as very humble and speaks with great knowledge of the game. Rarely for a manager he often tries to look at his/the teams failing first in defeat.

However, if he continues to persist with Ryan Taylor at left back and giving game time to the likes of Lovenkrands, Smith and Perch without it being an absolute necessity he could become the architect of his own downfall. Indeed keeping Raylor in at left back much longer could mean that our good start to the season will be quickly undone.

Hats off to him he has been excellent. Particularly love listening to him - he comes across as very humble and speaks with great knowledge of the game. Rarely for a manager he often tries to look at his/the teams failing first in defeat.

However, if he continues to persist with Ryan Taylor at left back and giving game time to the likes of Lovenkrands, Smith and Perch without it being an absolute necessity he could become the architect of his own downfall. Indeed keeping Raylor in at left back much longer could mean that our good start to the season will be quickly undone.

If I was to make a criticism, I'd say he's been on the conservative side when it comes to making a change. Inevitably, if you're the one whose arse is on the line, you might not be quite as bold as many of the fans would like you to be. Most of the time, the conservative choice is probably the right one anyway.

But just occasionally I'd have liked to see him take more of a chance - eg I felt he was a bit slow in promoting Krul over Harper, and Marveaux was held back from the first team a lot.

The man has certainly done a great job in a year. When he was first appointed, I was completely against his appointment especially when he was replacing the well-liked Chris Hughton. But he's certainly changed my opinion of him in the space of the year and fair play to him for winning me and pretty much all the fans over.

I particularly like the attention to detail he puts into the job, his hands-on approach and his high level of involvement to the cause to NUFC. His interviews are always refreshing to listen to too. He's pretty much always honest in his assessment and doesn't talk a lot of bullshit. I like that.

Keep up the good work Pards :thup:

If I was to make a criticism, I'd say he's been on the conservative side when it comes to making a change. Inevitably, if you're the one whose arse is on the line, you might not be quite as bold as many of the fans would like you to be. Most of the time, the conservative choice is probably the right one anyway.

But just occasionally I'd have liked to see him take more of a chance - eg I felt he was a bit slow in promoting Krul over Harper, and Marveaux was held back from the first team a lot.

I tend to agree, I'm just holding criticism back on that because he is the one that sees Santon daily and knows whether he's ready.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Absolutely superb job and one totally beyond anyone's original expectations for him.

Some very tough circumstance to put up with too. Well done sir.

Love the guy.

Still got some hard times ahead but i feel it will be the owners who get the backlash from the fans, not Pards.

I expect Tiote/Colo to leave soon, huge test for the club.

Exceeded all expectations, won over majority of fans. 

My only complaint is at the end of the day he's still mates with Ashley (maybe not Derek to such an extent?).  I would hope he could use what he's done so far to pressure them into letting him build a better squad but he's unlikely to. 

No huge complaints outside of that.

Wow I thought Ronaldo was exaggerating when he was talking about the replies regarding Pardew. :lol: A lot of embarrassing stuff in that thread.

The circumstances around the appointment were pretty disgusting, tbh.

Think the natural reaction to appointing someone deemed not good enough for Southampton is La gente esta muy loca! What the f*ck!?

Still, he's certainly won most us over (including myself).  :aww: Next few games will tell us a lot about the silver fox anarl.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's doing a good job which is what he was appointed to do. I'm still unsure about him as a person mind. There are many things that worry me about him though and although we are doing very well in terms of results, our performances for me are quite up and down. We are good in patches but not good for a full game. His substitutions scare the shit out of me at times too and the fact Lovenkrands still gets a game is bewildering. I think he has too many ideas and too many different kind of lineups in his head and doesn't quite know which way to go which could cost us. If you're gonna start Sammy against City, keep him in there against Man Utd and Chelsea. One moment you trust him the next??? Mind I love his positivity, he has a bit of KK in him on that front. I believe he sends us our to win every match regardless of who we are playing be it at home or away. I can imagine the players enjoy working with him and get confidence from him.

One year on, Ryan Taylor is getting games at left back.

Up until fairly recently Raylor hadn't been a problem, we had a bloke filling in at left back who had actually instigated some game changing moments (going our way). I don't think the failure to sign a left back (and there seems to be "divided opinion" on whether Santon is a left or right back) is down to AP, its DL who closes the deals or not - and he didn't. 

He's doing far, far better than I ever expected him to and I am really warming to him. He makes some odd decisions at times, but then again which manager doesn't?  It's a shame the circumstances in which he arrived, but it wasn't his fault - he was obviously offered a shed load of money to come and he'd have been mad to turn it down.

Will be a proper test of his management come Jan if we let any of our star players go (and I suspect at least one to go)