Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

On NUFCTV, Pards said he hopes Hatem steps up to the plate on Saturday. Has he finally relented?

He's just trolling us, he'll be on the bench  :lol:

I'm just a bit sick of him implying he hasn't stepped up to the plate though, he's always done well when he comes on!

Yups.

In the Cisse vid he said that he hoped the players (Best, Shola, Loven) would step up to the plate during the ACN. Later he said, (like) HBA stepped up to the plate on Saturday.

Significantly though he included HBA in the group of 3 players he he highlighted as some of the exciting players he was joining.

How did I miss this? :lol:

Can just imagine Ben Arfa shuffling his way into the room, being told he had to kiss some dude's feet and then pulling a massive yao face and strutting away.

I'd love for us to sign a pacey striker that has great movement. I think it would give a whole new dimension to our play.

:megusta:

ALAN PARDEW insists that Newcastle United are still not seeing the best of Hatem Ben Arfa’s talents in a black and white shirt.

Ben Arfa was relegated to the bench for the home encounter with Queens Park Rangers, despite his FA Cup wonder goal against Blackburn Rovers the previous week.

But after an impressive sub appearance, Ben Arfa’s presence helped turn the game after a tactical reshuffle opened things up.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “The challenge is still for Hatem to get in this team.

“His energy and his workrate needs to improve – I make no bones about that.

“The goal (against Blackburn) will do him no harm at all.

“As good a player as he is, he still needs confidence and goals.

“He scored at Bolton, and he scored against Blackburn here in another cameo.”

Pardew feels that Ben Arfa is still very much finding his feet in the Premier League after spending much of last season out with injury.

The former West Ham United boss added: “There are players who have become legends in this country – Ronaldo, for example – who have taken their time to understand what this division’s about.

“He’s been injured for a year – people forget that.

“We’ve got to make sure we get that talent on the pitch more than we’re getting it at the minute.

“He’s given us another option, and it’s something we’ll be looking at.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/19/pardew-more-to-come-from-hatem-ben-arfa-72703-30154272/#ixzz1juFyGOtR

Every day a new 'Hatem the workshy fop' story! :lol:

Whilst I agree some (myself included) in the past have overreacted to the "Hatem needs to work harder" stories, I am getting so sick of reading them.  It's almost every other day Pards comes out with the same shit, just worded slightly differently.

Is he just trying to justify not playing him on the wings earlier and absolve himself of any blame.  Or is he just generally obssessed with Hatem doing as much running as Jonas?  Either way it's tedious as fuck, he's our most talented attacking player available, he opens space for others and he can make something out of nothing.

Still expecting to see Ryan Taylor start instead of him on Saturday.

Whilst I agree some (myself included) in the past have overreacted to the "Hatem needs to work harder" stories, I am getting so sick of reading them.  It's almost every other day Pards comes out with the same shit, just worded slightly differently.

Is he just trying to justify not playing him on the wings earlier and absolve himself of any blame.  Or is he just generally obssessed with Hatem doing as much running as Jonas?  Either way it's tedious as fuck, he's our most talented attacking player available, he opens space for others and he can make something out of nothing.

Still expecting to see Ryan Taylor start instead of him on Saturday.

Quite possibly, but I'm not particularly worried long term. Pardew certainly still rates him massively, comparing him to Ronaldo in his first season, and putting him among our top three players.

If Pardew keeps slagging Ben Arfa's work rate off to the press it will only be a matter of time before Ben Arfa throws his toys out the pram. And I wouldnt blame him either. His work rate against QPR was good, his off the ball movment was good. What more can he do to get a start?

It's only by a complete fluke of events that we managed to sign a player with such natural abilty and technique, but he isn't going to put up with being on the bench forever.