Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He is an incredible talent, who is still trying to settle into the team and league.. Not to mention he is getting a run in a mix and max starting 11, once he has Tiote, Cabaye, Ba and Cisse all playing he will be much better surrounded by better players.

I'm looking forward to a fully fit, fully adapted Ben Arfa being part of a settled squad and a settled system. I wouldn't say any of that exists at the moment and he's still got three goals and a bunch of assists. Next season's attack is gonna be sweeeet.

I'm looking forward to a fully fit, fully adapted Ben Arfa being part of a settled squad and a settled system. I wouldn't say any of that exists at the moment and he's still got three goals and a bunch of assists. Next season's attack is gonna be sweeeet.

I wouldn't like to tempt fate by looking that far ahead, but I do think that Ben Arfa looks like he needs a good solid pre-season playing where the manager wants him and free from injury. He wasn't afforded that this time.

We need Cabaye and Tiote in midfield, plus strikers that actually move to get the best out of him.  I don't think he gets any help whatsoever from Simpson either, Colo was the only fucker trying to link with him.  Don't get me wrong, he was bloody terrible, but I would have moved him behind Best when Perch come on.  He showed the odd flash of brilliance and did track back and work hard, something that can't be said about the sloth.

hope pardew will go on with him and let him a starter for 3 or 4 more games no matter how he plays...

best, ameobi, obertan had that right, why ben arfa couldn't?

because he is too talented?? :lol:

just 3 or 4 more games, and some footballers around him...

He needs to get the ball out of his feet in less advanced positions- he has the pace the beat players with speed rather than keeping the ball close to him to pull of a jink or a turn. When he's taking the ball from the deep he keeps the ball close and its much easier for players to just poke it away from him.

Must be thick as fuck, tbh. He knows why he's not being played regularly yet tries to beat his man 5 times in the first few minutes of the game and kicks the ball out of play for a goal kick. Like going to a job interview wearing a suit made of horse crap.

Must be thick as f***, tbh. He knows why he's not being played regularly yet tries to beat his man 5 times in the first few minutes of the game and kicks the ball out of play for a goal kick. Like going to a job interview wearing a suit made of horse crap.

At least he had enough about him to beat a man 5 times, I don't think Best and Shola beat anybody 5 times combined throughout the whole game.

Needs to be in the hole to really flourish.  fnarr fnarr

Tiote

Cabaye                  Jonas

Ben Arfa             

Cisse                  Ba

Must be thick as f***, tbh. He knows why he's not being played regularly yet tries to beat his man 5 times in the first few minutes of the game and kicks the ball out of play for a goal kick. Like going to a job interview wearing a suit made of horse crap.

At least he had enough about him to beat a man 5 times, I don't think Best and Shola beat anybody 5 times combined throughout the whole game.

End result's the same. And Shola will get a game regardless.

End result's the same. And Shola will get a game regardless.

The end result isn't always the same, see the FA Cup game for a reminder.  Nothing is going to come off all of the time and what happened tonight could easily have happened when he got his wonder goal.  It's like the lottery, you have to buy a ticket if you are going to win.  He does things which will sometimes work and sometimes fail and we have to accept that.  We got no more out of Ryan Taylor in the 2nd half than we got out of Ben Arfa in the first, we probably got less.

The difference though is that in the Cup he was (from what I head) very dangerous even before the goal. Today his touch let him down massively a few times and he was clearly frustrated with himself.

I still think he should have been given another 10-15 minutes after the break like (we've seen many times the differance half time can make to a players performance).

He took the ball down from the air in the first half, which, if meant (I'm sure it weren't) was fucking amazing.

Near our box? Surely he never meant that like, if he did though it was class!

Excellent flick on with his head for Jonas too (who played an excellent ball to Best who fucked up).