Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

“When I came back after my injury, I no longer had the desire to play,” he continued. “I found that the football they played was too far away from the one I loved.

"Even if I had dreamed of being a pro since I was little, I did not understand this game. Then, little by little, I refound my love of the game. The pleasure returned.”

Surely the first line of that's a little worrying?

Guest hatem garrincha

Doesn't he mean the football played by people in general? I don't think he's talking specifically about NUFC after his latest injury. Hope not anyway!

Correct. He was talking about professional football in general, comparing it to the football he played when he was young.

EDIT : Also, the title of the Mirror isn't exactly what he said in that interview...In fact, when asked if he would like to follow Cantona's example in England, he first answered "I don't want to slap my country and say that people didn't understand me" (Cantona used to talk like that when he left France. He talks like that until now)

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg840/scaled.php?server=840&filename=nufctouches3.jpg&res=medium

Interesting stat comparison of our wingers, might explain some of what Pards has been seeing.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg840/scaled.php?server=840&filename=nufctouches3.jpg&res=medium

Interesting stat comparison of our wingers, might explain some of what Pards has been seeing.

Where is the stat for can play football versus is total crap?

I assume the 'possession won in defence' stat is the one you're pinpointing.

With the 4-4-2 that we usually play, the wide men are expected to help the full backs. It hints at what lots of us have speculated on - that either Hatem needs to adjust (and I don't think he's that bad at defending), or he needs to play further forward (didn't seem to work too well) or we change to a 4-3-3.

:jesuswept:

Not against you, but at the idea of stats like these being the determining factor in informing decisions. So insanely misleading!

Just brings us back to same argument imo. No-one has ever disputed HBA's lack of defensive ability (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH EFFORT). However, in the majority of games we should be focused on attacking the other team, and you only need a pair of eyes to see he's our most creative midfielder. We don't need 11 defenders, it's as simple as that.

That whole thing makes my eyes bleed.

Arrogant twats. Woner when was the last time they checked the table.

Probably the last time they were first. Anything after that is irrelevent as they will soon be back up there thanks to their Liverpool WayTM

Liverpool fans  :lol: one of them had the balls to say to me that we are the joke  ;D

I then responded " yes because we spent over 100 million on players to get CL and we spent 42 million on 2 players from a mid table team that we still cant finish above"

It really has gotten to the stage where as long as we finish above Liverpool i will bloody ecstactic, it will be so funny laughing at them after they took Enrique and Carroll from us and still cant finish above us  ;D

They really are a joke, they should be focusing on finishing above Norwich and West Brom instead of looking like idiots as usual.

I think it shows that we could only play HBA when Tiote and Cabaye're there.  I can't imagine if it's Perch or Guthrie playing instead.  We have to buy one more quality centre midfielder this summer or else we cannot challenge top 4 while playing Euro Cup at the same time

I think it shows that we could only play HBA when Tiote and Cabaye're there.  I can't imagine if it's Perch or Guthrie playing instead.  We have to buy one more quality centre midfielder this summer or else we cannot challenge top 4 while playing Euro Cup at the same time

While i agree, cover for Tiote is just as important. Aside from Tiote we have no DM's in the whole bloody squad  :facepalm: