Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I see where the mistake came from , the FFF usually send a Pre-selection memo  to everyclub where there is french player who might be called..

That doesn't mean he'll be called or not called , Newcastle never receive those kind of notice before , because Laurent Blanc never used it ,and so they tought we was already called up. Personal opinion , he won't be called , he can say goodbye to french team for at least 2 years , good news for us i think..

Or he might think if he isn't going to get the publicity of playing for France that he might need to go to a higher profile club to achieve this.

I doubt he's a moron to be honest.

I see where the mistake came from , the FFF usually send a Pre-selection memo  to everyclub where there is french player who might be called..

That doesn't mean he'll be called or not called , Newcastle never receive those kind of notice before , because Laurent Blanc never used it ,and so they tought we was already called up. Personal opinion , he won't be called , he can say goodbye to french team for at least 2 years , good news for us i think..

Or he might think if he isn't going to get the publicity of playing for France that he might need to go to a higher profile club to achieve this.

You cant bite that easy  :undecided:

You cant bite that easy  :undecided:

Ya wah? ???

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/03/newcastle-to-make-late-call-on-hatem-ben-arfa-72703-31538504/

NEWCASTLE United will make a late call on whether Hatem Ben Arfa features in tomorrow night’s friendly in Holland against Den Haag.

The Frenchman has yet to feature during pre-season and is in danger of falling further behind in terms of match conditioning.

Ben Arfa was handed extra time off after playing for France in Euro 2012.

However, he then missed the club’s tour to Portugal after facing a hearing from the French Football Federation following a review of incidents behind the scenes in the France camp at the tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

Ben Arfa then failed to appear for the second game of the tournament in the Algarve and missed the 2-1 win over SC Braga – to the frustration of the Magpies who want to see him fit and raring to go for the opening game of the season on August 18 against Tottenham Hotspur.

Yet, with the opening fixture taking place a fortnight tomorrow, Ben Arfa is touch and go to start the game.

Ben Arfa has been at the United training ground working with fitness staff in a bid to regain some sharpness, but Newcastle afforded themselves the possibility of a competitive run-out for Ben Arfa against Hartlepool next Tuesday should he not figure in Holland.

HATEM Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye are facing a race against time to get up to speed for the start of Newcastle United’s Premier League campaign.

Buy Vintage England Football Shirts on Ebay

Boss Alan Pardew says United’s Gallic stars might not be fit enough to play a full part in a hectic first week of the season, which sees Newcastle take on Tottenham and Chelsea as well as facing a Europa League qualifier – all in the space of seven days.

Ben Arfa only linked up with the rest of the squad this week after requesting extra time off following his Euro 2012 exertions, while Cabaye has only played ten minutes of the pre-season campaign so far.

Cabaye has the benefit of a week’s work of warm weather training in Portugal, but maverick Ben Arfa is not at the same fitness level as team-mates who have been working hard for the best part of a month.

In the past Newcastle might have made an exception for a star player like Ben Arfa, but Pardew says the forward will have to make up for lost time over the next fortnight – or wait his turn.

He said: “He is struggling for the first game of the season, if I’m honest.

“Not struggling for any other reason than we are a tight group. The group has reached a pace Hatem hasto catch up with in two weeks.

“He might, because he’s that good, but we’ll have to wait and see. It might be the same with Cabaye.

“Don’t get me wrong, they have been two wonderful players for us, but will they get up to speed in time?

“We will have to see, but it a long season and those two have massive roles to play.”

United jetted off to Den Haag yesterday afternoon with a full squad from which to choose – and Pardew promising to play a full-strength side against Tim Krul’s former club.

The Newcastle boss has challenged his fringe men to prove they are worthy of a place in the first team and has been pleased with the reaction of several of his understudies.

During a profitable week in Portugal, he saw Steven Taylor mark his comeback with a goal and also noted the progress of a hungry Sammy Ameobi and returning Sylvain Marveaux in wide roles.

Gael Bigirimana’s performances suggested he is ready for the first-team squad, while some of the Academy graduates drafted into the squad fared well too.

James Tavernier seems to be improving all the time, while Paul Dummett might have also given the Newcastle boss something to ponder.

Pardew wants to see them prove themselves both in Holland and in the hastily-arranged friendly against Hartlepool on Tuesday.

He added: “Most of the games are about minutes on the pitch, but the players have to knock on the door now.

“This is the time for players to knock on the door now. I told them in Portugal and they did. They all came out of there with credit and they have to do it again.

“That is why we have the Hartlepool game because we have just looked like some of the players aren’t getting enough minutes.

“We have corrected that and it will be great for our fans because it gives them a chance to see us.

“It gives Hartlepool and pay day as well, so it fits a lot of bills.

“It was good to squeeze that one in and the match schedule now replicates our first week of the season, although it will be Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday rather than Saturday-Thursday-Saturday. “

Guest BooBoo

As it stands, there's no chance of Ben Arfa being fit for Spurs.

We're quietly making a right bollocks of this pre season.

As it stands, there's no chance of Ben Arfa being fit for Spurs.

We're quietly making a right bollocks of this pre season.

Only Leon Best needs replacing and all teams will have to deal with international players catching up on fitness.

Guest BooBoo

Fucking hell, the drama queens on here are unreal. It's only been 4 weeks since he was playing in the European champinships. He wont be that unfit. A couple of weeks hard training and a couple of run outs and he'll be fine.

Hope you're right. Pardew disagrees like.

We'll make sure Cabaye's fit for Spurs, no doubt about that.

Agree with this. Unless he picks up an injury in training or something like that I can't see Cabaye not starting. Ben Arfa is more likely to start on the bench and come on as in impact player if he's not completely fit.

f***ing hell, the drama queens on here are unreal. It's only been 4 weeks since he was playing in the European champinships. He wont be that unfit. A couple of weeks hard training and a couple of run outs and he'll be fine.

Hope you're right. Pardew disagrees like.

How is HBA not being fit - the club making a balls up of pre season??

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/04/hatem-ben-arfa-pushing-hard-to-be-fit-to-face-spurs-72703-31546176/

HATEM BEN ARFA is confident he will be fit for the start of the season with Newcastle United.

And the French playmaker is determined to prove his fitness in time for the opening clash with Tottenham Hotspur in a fortnight.

Sources close to the player last night indicated that Ben Arfa has worked hard over his extended break after his participation at Euro 2012 with France.

Ben Arfa is thought to be eyeing a place in the team against Spurs.

However, he must still show his manager that he is ready to start.

Sammy Ameobi is pushing hard for a right-wing place against the Londoners while Gabriel Obertan has also shown some promise.

Having missed the trip to Portugal last week, United’s backroom team aren’t convinced he will be ready for the high-octane opener with Tottenham.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “I think Ben Arfa’s behind the lads – there’s no doubt about that.

“He’s had to have this rest.

“My gut feeling is that the start of the season’s going to be a push for him.

“Certainly, in that first week, he’ll play.

“It’s just a question of balancing the squad up, really, and making sure we’re strong in all three games. He’s behind the group in terms of where they are.

“Obviously, he’s fit, because he played in the Euro championships only three or four weeks ago.

“He’s had some rest, but we’re together – tight – at the moment, and we need to bring him in.

“We’ve got two weeks to do that, and it’ll be about how he reacts to those two weeks of work that determines whether he starts at Tottenham.”

As reported in last night’s Chronicle, United have afforded themselves an extra pre-season game against Hartlepool on Tuesday night.

And should Ben Arfa not figure then a run out at Victoria Park in front of what is expected to be a packed crowd could well be a possibility.

Pardew said that Ben Arfa is in good spirits.

He added: “He obviously had a great season for us last year, and I’m sure he’ll want to play.

“He’s been very smiley.”

Yet France’s European Championship failure is obviously something that rankles with Ben Arfa.

Pardew says: “These things happen at international level. It’s not just France – there’s Holland and Italy.

“Some come home happy, some come home not so happy.

“I don’t think Hatem was particularly enthralled with the experience he had there.”

No problems IMO. :dontknow: