Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

even though we're losing i smile and giggle like a right retard everytime this little wizard is on the ball.

for me, he is what football is all about. pace, trickery , just the freedom to do whatever you like with the ball. he is the most exciting player i have ever witnessed in black and white.

Love how he can beat a man without touching the ball. There was a point in the match today when he had the ball in our own box, he just dropped his shoulder and the player was off chasing shadows. Meanwhile Ben Arfa stood still with the ball at his feet. Such a classy act.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was actually disappointed with him today and wonder whether he will ever truly be our main man if you like. In the first-half he was more involved in a restricted wide role than he was in the second-half where he was roaming or playing more advanced up the pitch. It is games like this and opponents like this where players with Ben Arfa's ability should drag his team into the game more as he did against Spurs.

Mind, even in his more free and advanced role in the second-half, you could clearly hear Pardew barking restrictive instructions like pass, hold it, leave it etc. When he was screamed at to pass, he ignored Pardew and went on a mazy run winning a free-kick when fouled.

Ben Arfa is a special talent that needs no instructing and no restrictions. He is a willingly hard worker anyway off the ball because he is like a kid who just wants the ball at his feet and the only way to get that ball is to win it back or help the team win it back. He needs a free role and encouraged at all times to get at his man, to weave his magic.

Only then will he truly fulfil his potential and be our main man if you like.

I doubt Mata or Hazard are told to hold it or to pass when on the ball.

I can sort of understand why Pardew is like that but he needs to let go himself and trust Ben Arfa because when he has that ball at his feet, there is fucking no-one who knows better than him with what to do with it.

Ben Arfa in a semi-restricted role as is will get 10 plus goals and 10 plus assists easily. An unrestricted free spirited Ben Arfa could get 20 plus goals and 20 plus assists easily.

Pardew is doing to him what Fergie has done to Rooney, taking the edge off him. He can afford that, can we?

I was actually disappointed with him today and wonder whether he will ever truly be our main man if you like. In the first-half he was more involved in a restricted wide role than he was in the second-half where he was roaming or playing more advanced up the pitch. It is games like this and opponents like this where players with Ben Arfa's ability should drag his team into the game more as he did against Spurs.

Mind, even in his more free and advanced role in the second-half, you could clearly hear Pardew barking restrictive instructions like pass, hold it, leave it etc. When he was screamed at to pass, he ignored Pardew and went on a mazy run winning a free-kick when fouled.

Ben Arfa is a special talent that needs no instructing and no restrictions. He is a willingly hard worker anyway off the ball because he is like a kid who just wants the ball at his feet and the only way to get that ball is to win it back or help the team win it back. He needs a free role and encouraged at all times to get at his man, to weave his magic.

Only then will he truly fulfil his potential and be our main man if you like.

I doubt Mata or Hazard are told to hold it or to pass when on the ball.

I can sort of understand why Pardew is like that but he needs to let go himself and trust Ben Arfa because when he has that ball at his feet, there is fucking no-one who knows better than him with what to do with it.

Ben Arfa in a semi-restricted role as is will get 10 plus goals and 10 plus assists easily. An unrestricted free spirited Ben Arfa could get 20 plus goals and 20 plus assists easily.

Pardew is doing to him what Fergie has done to Rooney, taking the edge off him. He can afford that, can we?

I think that's all a load of bollocks. Him and ba were our 2 most likely i thought.

even though we're losing i smile and giggle like a right retard everytime this little wizard is on the ball.

for me, he is what football is all about. pace, trickery , just the freedom to do whatever you like with the ball. he is the most exciting player i have ever witnessed in black and white.

Bang on.

Maybe too soon but seems to have stepped it up already. My **** starts to grow every time he's on the ball.

thats it i know a few mags who would much rather have sess

wat

I hope you're right because I'm sick of mags saying Ben Afra is better than Johnson, not true anarl

:yao:

Sess is definitely better like

He's not, like.

Such a ridiculous post from HTT.

The best player on the pitch today was Ben Arfa. He has f*** all help but must have dribbled past at least ten players. Hazard looked good as well but his teammates helped him out a lot today.

I stopped reading after the first sentence of his. What a idiot. He was far and away our best player tonight.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm talking more in general with Ben Arfa btw and I genuinley believe he can be something beyond what he is at current, so while I might be expecting too much, he has it in him to do even better to warrant my expectations for him. Its not as if I'm slagging him by the way :lol: I'm one of his biggest fans. There is no denying though, he can beat players for fun and has amazing levels of skill. He's better than what we are seeing, much better, which is exciting knowing because we could see it happen. We need Pardew to trust him more and let him roam around though.

Guest Howaythetoon

He played against Spurs and won a pen and scored, played against the European Champions on their own patch and was by far our best player. What more can you ask of him ffs.

It wasn't too hard to be our best player against Chelsea to be honest and while I do agree with you, I still feel despite his good moments, he flattered to decieve in general and he went missing for most parts of the second-half despite his free role second-half.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh but when I see him pick the ball up from our own penalty area, drive into midfield and beat 2-3 men with ease without breaking sweat, you want to see him on the ball as much as possible.

Tmonkey made a good point though, Matta et all are sorrounded by technically better players so it is easier for them where as at times Ben Arfa is almost a one man band.

I stand by my core points though, he can do more and must do more, but Pardew has to trust him more and give him that free role.

I don't see why we cannot expect even more from such a player of his ability by the way. It's akin to say being happy with say Shearer getting only 15 goals when we all knew he could bang in 30 for example. Not a bad return but howay...

We are talking about arguably the league's most skilful player here.

He really did look like he was playing on his own today. Lack of movement around him was embarrassing at times. Just hope he can carry on this bright start as others catch up in fitness and form.

Wish he had taken that chance he made for himself in the 2nd half. Really would have dragged us back into the game if he had.