Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

After witnesses the start of this season I´m concluded two thins.

1) He is the most awesomeness fotboll player, at this club anyway :lol:

2) He needs to be the central person in our build ups. He should have a free role in the middle of the park behind Ba and Cisse, in a kind of a 4-3-1-2 system.

Think that system lacks too little width for us, especially if we're gonna have to perservere with Simpson as a RB.

I actually think Ben Arfa gets more joy in the wider positions when he can just stand his full back up then put him on his arse. I would love for him to have the freedom to switch flanks though and just pop up where he wants. I actually think Johnson would have been a good signing for us as it would have given us this freedom up top.

Free role is what Benny needs, he is a more gifted skilful player than Hazzard but the main difference is an awareness and a desire to please others. Benny is more selfish with the ball  but that is not a deliberate decision its a personality trait, Hazzard is just as happy to create as he is to score he has an awesome awareness of who is around him where as Benny is more head down try to be "the man".

If Pards can get Benny to be more of a link man a team player get him to love being a creator as well as a goal scorer then we will have one of the greatest players football has ever seen.

I'm sorry but :lol: :lol: Hazard can do it with both feet and has far more in his locker in terms of 'skill'.

Far more skill than Ben Arfa? :kasper:  You're high as a kite mate.

I agree more or less with Skirge's assessment with the caveat that, as others have said, Hazard has more movement in front of him at Chelsea than Ben Arfa has in front of him currently.

Go watch some of his performances for Lille, his footwork is phenomenal and the speed at which he pulls of his step overs, chops, half scoop turns etc is incredible. I mean the technique where he whipped in a bouncing ball first time whilst on the run with a rabona last season was crazy, I don't think I've ever seen a better one.  :lol:

Free role is what Benny needs, he is a more gifted skilful player than Hazzard but the main difference is an awareness and a desire to please others. Benny is more selfish with the ball  but that is not a deliberate decision its a personality trait, Hazzard is just as happy to create as he is to score he has an awesome awareness of who is around him where as Benny is more head down try to be "the man".

If Pards can get Benny to be more of a link man a team player get him to love being a creator as well as a goal scorer then we will have one of the greatest players football has ever seen.

I'm sorry but :lol: :lol: Hazard can do it with both feet and has far more in his locker in terms of 'skill'.

Far more skill than Ben Arfa? :kasper:  You're high as a kite mate.

I agree more or less with Skirge's assessment with the caveat that, as others have said, Hazard has more movement in front of him at Chelsea than Ben Arfa has in front of him currently.

Go watch some of his performances for Lille, his footwork is phenomenal and the speed at which he pulls of his step overs, chops, half scoop turns etc is incredible. I mean the technique where he whipped in a bouncing ball first time whilst on the run with a rabona last season was crazy, I don't think I've ever seen a better one.  :lol:

Ben Arfa doesn't seem that bothered about specific tricks (Torres probably does more), he just fly's past three and four players for fun regularly, in the Premier League (rather than Ligue 1).

Seriously Hazard looks an exciting player and very well rounded, Ben Arfa's dribbling is about as good as it gets though.

Guest Spiria

Only Moussa Dembele (6) has produced more successful dribbles per game in the new Premier League season than Hatem Ben Arfa -5.5.

Has the potential to be the best dribbler in the league.

I am happy I sparked this debate. But Benny is a more technically gifted player than Hazzard but given the choice right now Hazzard is the better player.

He has an incredible awareness and that is not just down to the players he is playing alongside, Benny has skills in abundance but its how he uses it that is the issue right now.

I am in no doubt though that once Benny matures as a player he will be unplayable, I also think Pardew can and will sort his game out.

I am happy I sparked this debate. But Benny is a more technically gifted player than Hazzard but given the choice right now Hazzard is the better player.

He has an incredible awareness and that is not just down to the players he is playing alongside, Benny has skills in abundance but its how he uses it that is the issue right now.

I am in no doubt though that once Benny matures as a player he will be unplayable, I also think Pardew can and will sort his game out.

If Hazard is a better player now it's because he has players around him who are doing more to make him look good than ours are doing to make Ben Arfa look good.

Think he means Chelsea's players are offering more assistance to Hazard than ours are to Ben Arfa so far, and he's right.  At the moment Ben Arfa's had to be almost a one man show at times.  While even in the first few minutes of Chelsea's season we saw a central defender make a great run to give Hazard an easy through ball for the first goal.  Had Ben Arfa turned his man there, which he often does, would we have a player making that kind of run?, not at the moment.

Its going to be interesting to see comparisons between these two players evolve as the season goes by.

Hazard is more about brain than actual ability, don't get me wrong he's an insanely talented player with absolutely everything going for him.

But what make's him so great is his brain, decision making, appreciation of space etc etc he's also very economical he only get's involved when he needs too and then disappears when he knows he isn't needed.

While Hatem is more individual ability with insane dribbling and close control which allows him to easily get past 3 or 4 players consistently.

Infact combine the both together and you know who you have? Messi.

Guest Spiria

The reputation he has in France will follow him all the time : on RMC they say that his attitude is s*** even in newcastle. And comparaison with Hazard......

And he doesn't do anything in the match, and he is not decisive.......

Was amazing to watch at times v Chelsea.

Hes come a long, long way in the last 10 months or so. On top of the balance, pace, acceleration, first touch, and control he also has a hammer of a left foot which we don't yet see enough of. Looks a fairly inventive passer at times as well.

How much better is it possible for him to get?

Villa have dreadful full backs, can't wait to see him absolutely terrorise them.

Guest Spiria

Menez in the French squad. Not Hatem.

At least his excellent form will be for our profit only.

This is that I don't understand. Menez don't play well, he was even on the bench last match.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

does not select the best player is anything

the only player who catches a cold attackers champion of europe

football in France it became political  :knuppel2:

Guest VanBarduck

According to wikipedia " Ben Arfa signed a 5 year deal for Arsenal with the fee being around £15 million on August 29th 2012 " ;D , what a joke !

play HBA in Hazard's role in that Chelsea side and he'd do the same.

I love Mr. Ben Arfa and it is amazing that he plays for us, but having watched the guy develop over the past three-four years I genuinely think Hazard is one of the best 5-10 players on planet Earth. Not just in terms of individual ability, but what he brings to the pitch on a consistent basis. HBA is in his prime, while Eden is born in the same year as Nile Ranger. 21/22 is the age where Messi really transformed into the best ever and I think Eden can do something similar if not as dramatic.

One thing that this scouting team has done well is bring in players that are comfortable on the ball. If we can replace the likes of Williamson and Simpson and keep Cabaye/Tiote fit, HBA can be even more devastating. Currently, it can be hard for him to always affect the game when are pressured and we hit it long. The more composed the rest of the team is, the more we will see of him in the course of a match.

Ben Arfa to Arsenal for £18M tomorrow  :kasper:

Imagine if it was this that Pards angry about, last player i'd want to see leave, then someone might as well rip my heart out!