Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He played against Spurs and won a pen and scored, played against the European Champions on their own patch and was by far our best player. What more can you ask of him ffs.

It wasn't too hard to be our best player against Chelsea to be honest and while I do agree with you, I still feel despite his good moments, he flattered to decieve in general and he went missing for most parts of the second-half despite his free role second-half.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh but when I see him pick the ball up from our own penalty area, drive into midfield and beat 2-3 men with ease without breaking sweat, you want to see him on the ball as much as possible.

Tmonkey made a good point though, Matta et all are sorrounded by technically better players so it is easier for them where as at times Ben Arfa is almost a one man band.

I stand by my core points though, he can do more and must do more, but Pardew has to trust him more and give him that free role.

I don't see why we cannot expect even more from such a player of his ability by the way. It's akin to say being happy with say Shearer getting only 15 goals when we all knew he could bang in 30 for example. Not a bad return but howay...

We are talking about arguably the league's most skilful player here.

There's your problem, he should be nowhere near our own penalty area.

Guest VanBarduck

Can't wait for a Ben arfa vs chelsea compilation on youtube  :love: , maybe it will slown down this fucking Hazard hype all around ..

Guest Spiria

Love watching him play really. He just looks like a kid with the ball at his feet.

Perhaps a bit more skillful.

Yes. It's just the instinct, the raw talent he possess that made me think that.

Pards needs to let him off the leash IMHO.Needs to play as a number 10 off Ba or Cisse; don't care which we piss off, HBA is our most important/creative attacking player.

Pards needs to let him off the leash IMHO.Needs to play as a number 10 off Ba or Cisse; don't care which we piss off, HBA is our most important/creative attacking player.

against the lesser teams at home wouldn't mind seeing him playing behind both, in a more attacking version of Cabaye v Stoke last year.

Pards needs to let him off the leash IMHO.Needs to play as a number 10 off Ba or Cisse; don't care which we p*ss off, HBA is our most important/creative attacking player.

We did that in the second half tbf, not quite a 10 but he seemed to have freedom to move across the front line and Cabaye seemed to push forward a lot more.

Play like that going forward and maybe Debuchy comes in ( i still hope) and i'm happy with that.

The first half performance and way of playing i.e. Ben Arfa and Cabaye far too deep, is the type of style i want to see us stay away from if all possible.

I haven't seen anyone else able to beat two players by moving the ball 3 yards away from himself and running onto it, not in such tight situations. He did it today in the first half, it was similar to the little touch between players for the Bolton goal, it's like he sees things in slow motion.

Guest firetotheworks

Such a beautiful dribbler. That first one where he makes a fool of bertrand and cole twice.  Shame he is having to start these runs in his own half.

He fooled me and I was watching it. He's another level in terms of dribbling.

Witnessing a true great but will he ever get the recognition?

The most exiting player I've ever seen. One say he's going to score a hat-trick or something and people will watch in awe.

He was brilliant on the ball but it's noticeable watching on that video that when he was picking it up from deep, there was no movement ahed of him and he so rarely got it in an attacking position himself. Great how sharp he looks though, hopefully we fully utilise him.

He was brilliant on the ball but it's noticeable watching on that video that when he was picking it up from deep, there was no movement ahed of him and he so rarely got it in an attacking position himself. Great how sharp he looks though, hopefully we fully utilise him.

And I think the lack of movement ahead of him was down to our 4-4-2 tbh. We'd have more runners going forward with a 4-3-3 and a 3-man midfield imo.