Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Ronaldo suggested Best start over Ben Arfa for a substantial part of last season. He doesn't have much credibility. Ben Arfa, from when he returned from injury in October last season, was a better player than Best, even when Hatem wasn't as quick as he is now, which was noted by many on here.

Suggests that Pardew got his man management of Ben Arfa right during that tricky period last year.

I always feel that the Pardew-Ben Arfa relationship could blow up at any minute though.

Demba's knee, Hatem and Pardew, Obertan's ever expanding cranium, we need to keep that guy from 24 on call or SJP will end up a smoking crater at some point.

Those quotes don't really attest to Pardew handling HBA last season as he ought to have done. To infer otherwise seems a chasm-sized leap IMO.

So HBA says Pardew is the only manager to have understood him and that his treatment has benefited but it doesn't attest to his handling of him? :lol:

Jesus wept!

Guest BooBoo

Poor today and poor at Reading.

He'll bounce back though, would love to see a performance from him at the mackems.

Ronaldo suggested Best start over Ben Arfa for a substantial part of last season. He doesn't have much credibility. Ben Arfa, from when he returned from injury in October last season, was a better player than Best, even when Hatem wasn't as quick as he is now, which was noted by many on here.

No I did not. I always wanted Ben Arfa in the team (and stated so) - just not off Demba Ba. I wanted him out wide and stand by that opinion.

Guest Spiria

Needs to either play on the right or in the middle.

This ! Why Pardew don't give him the entire key of the attacks : he is in superb form, I'm sure he can be a real number 10.

Man of the match for me today (albeit with very little other options).  Couple of times I thought he was going to wriggle through, only to be denied by a last gasp tackle.  If he can keep this up then the mackems will shit themselves in a couple of weeks.