Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Shame they scored just after he came on as we had to chase it then.

Not going to blame him for that shot. More often than not he hits the target with that near post strike and it would have been incredibly difficult to pick out a newcastle player with a cross looking at the replay. He is snatching at all his shots at the moment and needs to relax a bit. He does everything right up until the final cross/shot.

Needs to start against West Brom, purely because Sissoko and Gouffran in particular look shattered and need a rest.

I have absolutely no time to discuss football with anyone that would criticise his performance today. We just have completely different ideas on football and will never understand each other.

This.

Why have none of the other managers in world football cottoned onto the fact that the best way to use your best attacking player is as an impact sub - to be brought on solely to create something in a very short space of time (and then get all the blame when he has a shot)?

Gouffran is both perfect and hopeless for a game like today, depending purely on what result you're after.

I bet no one is laying into Shola for his tame, weak shot? or Santon for blazing over with people in the box etc?

He's not perfect but all these moments are usually created entirely by him in the first place. You can slag him for shooting instead of crossing in that moment but who else in our team could have burned down the wing and cut in and made that opportunity?

You can't slag him off for one thing and not praise him for the other. If other people were giving him chances to cross on a plate then fair enough but he always makes the chances through his own brilliance.

Decision making usually comes with form... which comes with playing games.

He needs to start and finish games. Think Debuchy is so up to speed now he's perfect to sit behind hba and make up for his lack of defensive duties and when things don't come off. Might hamper Debuchy's own drive forward for a bit until they get the overlap right but it's worth sticking with for the rest of the season.

He came on with around half an hour to go.... didn't do much..... and then when he had some possession towards the end of the game... he fucked it up badly.

That's the story of his game. Fucking nothing wrong with highlighting that and discussing why a player of his ridiculous talent is so inconsistent and immature in making decisions.

The idea of dropping Gouffran. Ffs :lol:

He's playing well and works his socks off but why is he "undroppable"? You never heard of squad rotation before? It's actually quite common so I'd be surprised if you haven't.

I would "drop" Sissoko at home if we're going to play 4-3-3 like, not Gouffran.

Decision making usually comes with form... which comes with playing games.

He needs to start and finish games. Think Debuchy is so up to speed now he's perfect to sit behind hba and make up for his lack of defensive duties and when things don't come off. Might hamper Debuchy's own drive forward for a bit until they get the overlap right but it's worth sticking with for the rest of the season.

Debuchys right foot & Ben Arfa's left on that side should offer more attacking options you'd think. Sissokos pace/strength has been very useful though & creates its own.

I bet no one is laying into Shola for his tame, weak shot? or Santon for blazing over with people in the box etc?

He's not perfect but all these moments are usually created entirely by him in the first place. You can slag him for shooting instead of crossing in that moment but who else in our team could have burned down the wing and cut in and made that opportunity?

You can't slag him off for one thing and not praise him for the other. If other people were giving him chances to cross on a plate then fair enough but he always makes the chances through his own brilliance.

Cabaye must have blazed over a few shots throughout the match in non-pressured situations. Hatem's a popular scapegoat though.

"Arsenal vs Newcastle 2012 Highlights 2-1" into google and watch Ben Arfa score a carbon copy of that goal with arguably a better placed Szczesny.

And the 5-2 vs Fulham, although I can't find a video.

http://www.fulhamfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/1112Highlights/0,,10415~2585696,00.html

for 4-2.

What the fuck did he think he was doing, he should have passed.

Cabaye must have blazed over a few shots throughout the match in non-pressured situations. Hatem's a popular scapegoat though.

Pardew has made sure of that.

Has to play every game at home. End of.

The idea of dropping Gouffran. Ffs :lol:

He's playing well and works his socks off but why is he "undroppable"? You never heard of squad rotation before? It's actually quite common so I'd be surprised if you haven't.

I would "drop" Sissoko at home if we're going to play 4-3-3 like, not Gouffran.

People on here mocked Martin O'neil for never changing his 11 and then his team suffering from fatigue in the second half of the season.

Well we're doing the same thing and I thought it was obvious Gouffran was struggling today.