Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest bimpy474

Got to accept that Ben Arfa is going to be frustrating at times. Decision making was shocking but if anything was going to happen it would have been from him. Take dat rough with dat smooth.

:nods:

I don't understand why people get so het up when someone criticises his performance.  The lad is allowed to have an off game too. His decision making was poor today and he should have lifted his head instead of head down and shooting. Some people seem to take it really personal. Quite amusing. Please speak football with me in the future though, and I apologise for any hurt feelings.

If anyone actually objectively gave an opinion on his game with genuine criticism then fair enough. There's been very little of that, just "Bench him again" "He played shit" "He's a greedy cunt" it's fucking moronic.

He came on with around half an hour to go.... didn't do much..... and then when he had some possession towards the end of the game... he fucked it up badly.

That's the story of his game. Fucking nothing wrong with highlighting that and discussing why a player of his ridiculous talent is so inconsistent and immature in making decisions.

That isn't the story of his game at all though, it's the rambling tale of a drunken Garth Crooks.

What's the story of his game, then?

Came on after we struggled to create hardly anything all game. Just after we concede a soft set piece (not Hatem's fault, although some may argue that too)

Then we are chasing the game, Arsenal switch to 5 at the back and defend their lead. Hatem goes on a few runs, tries to pick out Shola and Remy with the first couple.

Then burns down the wing and puts Flamini on the floor (all his own doing) then see's we are out numbered and decides to shoot but miss hits it.

Finally he criminally shoots at the end rather than risk losing it while Krul is out of his goal.

Yeah he was shocking, can't wait til Ryan Taylor is back so we can put him on instead. 

Very impressive, well done. Give him the Ballon D'or now.

I don't understand why people get so het up when someone criticises his performance.  The lad is allowed to have an off game too. His decision making was poor today and he should have lifted his head instead of head down and shooting. Some people seem to take it really personal. Quite amusing. Please speak football with me in the future though, and I apologise for any hurt feelings.

Because a lot of the time it's unfair criticism. Sure criticise the end product/decision making but at the same time you have to commend the ability and skill to create those opportunities in the first place. He's not like a striker who needs service, he is making all his chances on his own.

If you want the marvellous individual wonder goals he sometimes scores then we can't slag him off when it doesn't quite come off with the final shot.

Games like the Hull game where he really was poor in everything he did, then he deserves everything he gets.

But games like today where we are creating fuck all going forward and he's having to go it alone to try and create something, then I cannot understand what people want? to sell him because he isn't perfect?

The idea of dropping Gouffran. Ffs :lol:

He's playing well and works his socks off but why is he "undroppable"? You never heard of squad rotation before? It's actually quite common so I'd be surprised if you haven't.

I would "drop" Sissoko at home if we're going to play 4-3-3 like, not Gouffran.

He's our best, most consistent player. Teams generally don't tend to drop those.

What?

He's our best, most consistent player.

Ah right, cheers. I disagree like, he's playing well recently and he's grabbing goals but I wouldn't say he's been outright our best player.

The idea of a player being "undroppable" is just daft to me though, we should be able to change out personnel/formation/style of play to suit the opposition. I would have switched Sissoko out today and not Gouffran, as I said, but playing both in a 4-3-3 is just far too negative imo.

I agree no player should be undroppable but how often isn't he one our best players?

No point dropping him just for the sake of it. If he isn't clearly knackered or going through a poor spell why would we drop him?

He is also capable of playing in a number of positions, he is still being played out of his natural position imo so is even more "undroppable" until his performances or fitness says otherwise.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Not as fashionable as Remy, Cabaye, Ben Arfa or even Sissoko but I guarantee he will go through a lot less slumps in form than any of them.

At this point in time he's at the wrong club with the wrong manager with the wrong outlook for the what he brings to the table. If he truly wants to save his career he should get away asap. He will never win Pardew over.

Ben Arfa gets judged by a different yardstick than the rest of the human race on here.

Yes its ridiculous. What did Sissoko, Gouffran and even probably our second best player Cabaye create today. Our biggest attacking threat until HBA came on was our outstanding right back. Cabaye and HBA seem to be judged totally differently. Cabaye can go a whole game creating nothing and be lavished with praise if we win while Ben Arfa is expected to create something every time he has the ball, which he usually does.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Not as fashionable as Remy, Cabaye, Ben Arfa or even Sissoko but I guarantee he will go through a lot less slumps in form than any of them.

Of course he will because their high points are vastly above and beyond what Gouffran is capable of.

For a wide player, I'm struggling to think of a single ball Gouffran has put into the box all season. He works extremely hard and has a knack of being in the right place to score, but our best player? ???

He was invisible today, and I don't think any Newcastle fan not on Special Brew and drugs really thinks he's our best player.

I don't think we need to play Cabaye, Tiote and Anita at home...There is plenty of room for him in the side without dropping Goof or Siss.

Agree normally, but I can see why against Arsenal specifically you might play all of them.

Today is an exception of course. But if those three ARE playing then you don't need Goof and Siss also dropping so deep.

The idea of dropping Gouffran. Ffs :lol:

He's playing well and works his socks off but why is he "undroppable"? You never heard of squad rotation before? It's actually quite common so I'd be surprised if you haven't.

I would "drop" Sissoko at home if we're going to play 4-3-3 like, not Gouffran.

He's our best, most consistent player. Teams generally don't tend to drop those.

What?

He's our best, most consistent player.

Whilst being happy to criticise HBA, that is quite a funny statement! Are you really saying that Gouff for all his work rate etc is our best player?

Here's a handy cut out an keep guide to the two Ben Arfa factions:

Fanboys:

Ben Arfa should start every minute of every game regardless of form, opposition or system.

When Ben Arfa is mint, it's down to Ben Arfa. When Ben Arfa is ineffective, its down to the clueless mismanagement of the world's most cowardly football manager.

Haterz:

Would like Ben Arfa to work on his decision making.

Can see the logic of how we are *sometimes* better as a team without him.

Fanboys:

Ben Arfa should start every minute of every game regardless of form, opposition or system.

When Ben Arfa is mint, it's down to Ben Arfa. When Ben Arfa is ineffective, its down to the clueless mismanagement of the world's most cowardly football manager.

Haterz:

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Fanboys:

Haterz:

Prontonisers : see above post.

He came on with around half an hour to go.... didn't do much..... and then when he had some possession towards the end of the game... he f***ed it up badly.

That's the story of his game. f***ing nothing wrong with highlighting that and discussing why a player of his ridiculous talent is so inconsistent and immature in making decisions.

Agree with this

Fanboys:

Haterz:

More mince.