Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Where exactly is the creativity going to come from if we sell him or just keep him on the bench? We'd have not hit the woodwork or scared any defences the last few games if we'd not played him at all. People are fucking retarded.

And don't gimme that "Sissoko set up two goals lyk, marra!" BS, if HBA's consistency in attacks is doubted, Sissoko or Gouff aren't exactly Mara-fucking-donnas.

Siss and Goof have become a bit overrated on here. Both little more than workhorses.

Where exactly is the creativity going to come from if we sell him or just keep him on the bench? We'd have not hit the woodwork or scared any defences the last few games if we'd not played him at all. People are fucking retarded.

And don't gimme that "Sissoko set up two goals lyk, marra!" BS, if HBA's consistency in attacks is doubted, Sissoko or Gouff aren't exactly Mara-fucking-donnas.

Siss and Goof have become a bit overrated on here. Both little more than workhorses.

Both quality players IMO. One is not a wide player, and both are being asked to work hard because of the system and are doing well at it.

Gouff is clearly energetic, had good technique and is intelligent, and Sissoko was one of the most sought-after young midfielders in Europe before he came here.

Where exactly is the creativity going to come from if we sell him or just keep him on the bench? We'd have not hit the woodwork or scared any defences the last few games if we'd not played him at all. People are f***ing retarded.

And don't gimme that "Sissoko set up two goals lyk, marra!" BS, if HBA's consistency in attacks is doubted, Sissoko or Gouff aren't exactly Mara-f***ing-donnas.

Both quality players IMO. One is not a wide player, and both are being asked to work hard because of the system and are doing well at it.

Gouff is clearly energetic, had good technique and is intelligent, and Sissoko was one of the most sought-after young midfielders in Europe before he came here.

So was Haris Vuckic  ;)

I know all about Siss mate and he's not a right winger. Started life as a DM and then moved up into midfield. Gets around, good athleticism and has been good for us....But can't pass much, loses control of the ball often, runs anywhere, poor dribble and poor creativity....Just saying he shouldn't be playing where Hatem should be if we want to score more goals or create more chances.

I agree he shouldn't be playing where Hatem is, but he's much more than a workhorse.

I agree. Sissoko isn't a natural winger, but he's shown some good footwork down the right wing and put in some tasty crosses. Just about everything cam from him and Debuchy in our winning streak. Gouffran's a hard grafter, but we could really do with him proving his worth up front. On the left he's just being used as Jonas mk II.

HBA is stuck a rut that he'll not get out of without an extended run of games.

You can't just chuck him on with 10 minutes to go and crack the whip and expect magic to happen - that's not how it works. So he fails and the argument is "See - this is why he doesn't start" - it's madness. What's the alternative? Obertan and Shola going off previous subs/line-ups. You know, those two extremely hardworking players who never lose the ball...that'll be because they never fucking get it.

As far as I'm concerned, until we sign any more players it should be:

Sissoko    Tiote/Anita  Cabaye

Ben Arfa    Remy    Gouffran

There's no argument. It's our strongest front three.

You can't just chuck him on with 10 minutes to go and crack the whip and expect magic to happen - that's not how it works. So he fails and the argument is "See - this is why he doesn't start" - it's madness. What's the alternative? Obertan and Shola going off previous subs/line-ups. You know, those two extremely hardworking players who never lose the ball...that'll be because they never f***ing get it.

Yup - and Gouffran has the work-rate to cover for Santon who'll be pushing up. Hatem MAY not, so in that case -- Alan fucking Pardew needs to charge Sissoko with that duty - cover for Debuchy/Hatem and get forward when you can.

You can't just chuck him on with 10 minutes to go and crack the whip and expect magic to happen - that's not how it works. So he fails and the argument is "See - this is why he doesn't start" - it's madness. What's the alternative? Obertan and Shola going off previous subs/line-ups. You know, those two extremely hardworking players who never lose the ball...that'll be because they never f***ing get it.

Yup - and Gouffran has the work-rate to cover for Santon who'll be pushing up. Hatem MAY not, so in that case -- Alan f***ing Pardew needs to charge Sissoko with that duty - cover for Debuchy/Hatem and get forward when you can.

It can just become a 4-4-2 when defending. Gouf covers Santon at LM, Moussa slips into RM and covers Debuchy.

You can't just chuck him on with 10 minutes to go and crack the whip and expect magic to happen - that's not how it works. So he fails and the argument is "See - this is why he doesn't start" - it's madness. What's the alternative? Obertan and Shola going off previous subs/line-ups. You know, those two extremely hardworking players who never lose the ball...that'll be because they never fucking get it.

You know the matrix is broken when something this obvious can't manifest itself into reality. Spot on mate.

The lad is a few inches away from everyone raving about him.  Is it four times now he's hit the post in two games?  If those had gone in we'd be banging a different tune.

IMO Shola should never start ahead of this lad.  He creates more chances in 10 mins than Shola does in 90.  As others have said a run of games is what he needs.

The lad is a few inches away from everyone raving about him.  Is it four times now he's hit the post in two games?  If those had gone in we'd be banging a different tune.

IMO Shola should never start ahead of this lad.  He creates more chances in 10 mins than Shola does in 90.  As others have said a run of games is what he needs.

Bang on. As all my past girlfriends have said, "the difference between success and failure is a matter of inches."

Yup - and Gouffran has the work-rate to cover for Santon who'll be pushing up. Hatem MAY not, so in that case -- Alan f***ing Pardew needs to charge Sissoko with that duty - cover for Debuchy/Hatem and get forward when you can.

It can just become a 4-4-2 when defending. Gouf covers Santon at LM, Moussa slips into RM and covers Debuchy.

See I really like this idea. Just read an interesting part in Zlatan's book where he was being told how to defend from the front by certain coaches at Ajax, but van Basten turned around and said you shouldn't be expending your energy on defending, use it to attack. Which is something that's stuck with him.

Now I'm not saying Ben Arfa and Zlatan are in the same league, but I believe the same principle applies. Hatem hurts people when he's going full tilt at them, if we're asking him to defend he's wasting his energy and time tbh.

I know the team needs to defend as a whole, but we can reduce the strain on Hatem by using the idea JH mentioned above. I'd love to see us try it.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/hatem-ben-arfa-to-sit-down-for-contract-talks/

Hatem Ben Arfa to sit down for contract talks.

Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa will sit down for contract talks with his club next week say France Football.

The midfielder has constantly been linked with other clubs over the last few years, but is now struggling to pin down a regular first team spot with Newcastle in recent weeks. Nevertheless, his talent is there for all to see and he will be a big capture for the club if he signs a new deal.

This news represents a step in the right direction for Newcastle fans as currently the Frenchman’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season, meaning that Newcastle could be forced to sell him in the summer if he does not sign a new deal.

We shall keep you posted about how these talks go. More undoubtedly to follow.

I dunno why he would sign a contract to be honest, he can't even get in the team. For someone who thinks they can win the Ballon d'or it must be massively insulting to see Shola start ahead of you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2284104/Newcastle-keen-sign-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-long-term-deal-Liverpool-interest.html

John Drayton

PUBLISHED: 10:16, 25 February 2013

Newcastle will attempt to fight off interest from Liverpool for Hatem Ben Arfa by offering their French star a new contract, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has been injured for large parts of the 2012-13 season but Alan Pardew is keen to see him spend his best years at St James' Park.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-keen-re-open-hatem-5873155

Newcastle United keen to re-open Hatem Ben Arfa contract talks

10 Sep 2013 09:05

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal.

United first approached Ben Arfa’s representatives back in July, but the France international wanted to concentrate on his football and getting back to full fitness after an injury-plagued season.

3rd time in the last 12 months that we've felt the need to leak to the press that we are offering him a new contract. I've got a feeling he isn't exactly desperate to sign.

I dunno why he would sign a contract to be honest, he can't even get in the team. For someone who thinks they can win the Ballon d'or it must be massively insulting to see Shola start ahead of you.

If he's daft enough to genuinely think that, he's daft enough to think Shola's a good striker.