Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

His inconsistency is massively exaggerated due to the fact he's dragged off at half time and dropped dropped after 135 minutes of fairly mediocre play.

He's never really had a chance to show any real consistency. Look at Remy now, had he been given the same treatment as Ben Arfa he'd have been out of the side 5-6 games ago. It's sensible that he isn't mind, most players don't put in a performance every week, you have to allow for dips in form.

•  

He needs to play more, whenever hes got the ball I get optimistic and believe he can score. Right up until he makes the wrong decision and looses the ball that is.

Whenever Remy get the ball, I don't envisage him scoring and whenever Cisse  gets it I always check the linesman and hear the inevitable whistle. He's exciting to watch just needs to know when to pass and wait  to make more promising runs.

The confidence he has to take them on is great tho.

He's not consistently unplayable and needs to work on his decision making, right everyone knows that, doesn't make him greedy because he took the wrong (in your opinion) option for a pass/cross.  The idea that he should be on the bench because he isn't consistently unplayable is f***ing mental BTW.

As far as consistency goes and decision making that is only hindered further by being played so inconsistently by his manager.

When did I say he should be on the bench? When did I say he should be consistently unplayable? That's right, I said nothing of the sort.

Get him in the team (starting on the right side of midfield for me). Hopefully he'll be as good as some of you think he is. I'd love nothing more.

His inconsistency is massively exaggerated due to the fact he's dragged off at half time and dropped dropped after 135 minutes of fairly mediocre play.

He's never really had a chance to show any real consistency. Look at Remy now, had he been given the same treatment as Ben Arfa he'd have been out of the side 5-6 games ago. It's sensible that he isn't mind, most players don't put in a performance every week, you have to allow for dips in form.

:thup:

You said he's far to greedy and went on to say you'd be suprised if anyone wants him.  Of course you meant he should be the first name on the team sheet..

I would be surprised if a top team wanted to buy him. Let's be honest, if they did want to buy him I'm sure they could get him. The only rumour that ever seems to come up is Liverpool.

You get upset if anyone says anything negative about Ben Arfa. Get some perspective about him. He's not as good as you think he is.

You said he's far to greedy and went on to say you'd be suprised if anyone wants him.  Of course you meant he should be the first name on the team sheet..

I would be surprised if a top team wanted to buy him. Let's be honest, if they did want to buy him I'm sure they could get him. The only rumour that ever seems to come up is Liverpool.

You get upset if anyone says anything negative about Ben Arfa. Get some perspective about him. He's not as good as you think he is.

http://www.runningoffthereeses.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/blasphemy-o.gif

How good do you think people think he is?

He's never shown himself to be a world beater, he clearly has other factors outside of his ability on the ball that are holding him back and will probably continue to do so. There's a difference in acknowledging that and calling him greedy passing the ball.

How do you know how fucking good I think he is? :lol: I can see his faults and am happy to discuss them with anyone who has something more worthwhile to say than vague comments like "he's not as good as people think".

How do you know how f***ing good I think he is? :lol: I can see his faults and am happy to discuss them with anyone who has something more worthwhile to say than vague comments like "he's not as good as people think".

How am I talking shit? What do you think Ben Arfa's faults are then?

How do you know how f***ing good I think he is? :lol: I can see his faults and am happy to discuss them with anyone who has something more worthwhile to say than vague comments like "he's not as good as people think".

How am I talking shit? What do you think Ben Arfa's faults are then?

Trying to claim he's far too greedy because he chose one pass instead of another is shit IMO.  I mentioned what I thought his faults were.  He should be working on his decision making and his movement off the ball.  Even without those improvements however he should still be starting.

He's been here ages and the team still can't read him.  He made one run inside from halfway, beating a couple of men, but his lay off not far from the city box was disguised and played so quickly that we had to pass the ball back to the centre halves to keep control of the ball, taking the momentum out of the attack and allowing city to get back.  Frustrating, we could make so more of the little situations he creates if we knew just what he was about to do.  Coaching issue for me, which after so long with this club it's hard to see ever being resolved here

He's been here ages and the team still can't read him.  He made one run inside from halfway, beating a couple of men, but his lay off not far from the city box was disguised and played so quickly that we had to pass the ball back to the centre halves to keep control of the ball, taking the momentum out of the attack and allowing city to get back.  Frustrating, we could make so more of the little situations he creates if we knew just what he was about to do.  Coaching issue for me, which after so long with this club it's hard to see ever being resolved here

It took about five passes I'm sure to get out of the pressure created by the pass inside from Hatem

Debuchy overlapping recently has created good situations with Hatem having options. No fucker ever comes to him for a one two or very rarely.

Hatem often plays with at least two defenders against him. When Debuchy goes behind him and drag a defender, Hatem can play a one versus one situation.

With his choices, Pardew leads him to think that the only way for him to become a starter, is to score goals, to make assists or to win a penalty. Since he has no time when he comes in, and the team struggles to play well, he thinks the best way is to rely on himself and he can forget to play with Debuchy.

He plays with the sense of urgency whereas he has to be a lot more composed. When a player has such dribbling skills, it's more difficult for him to keep the right balance between playing selfish and unselfish.

Hatem has no indications on whether he will start or not the next match, he doesn't know exactly what Pardew expects from him in his game plan and what his place in the team is.

Debuchy's upturn in form coincided with Ben Arfa's absence from the team. It somehow impressed that having Sissoko cover for Debuchy's runs got the best out of the latter. When Ben Arfa subsequently came back into the team he had to play mostly on the left wing where he's less effective.

Beggars belief how you give 10, 20 mins to a player each time and people expect him to create something in that short span each time. Every wrong decision or poor pass gets amplified ten times over.

Thank you for being one of the few who sees this situation for what it is. The amount of leeway Pardew faves like Shola, Remy and others in the past have received from him for doing fuck all (I'd put Cisse in there as well), HBA has been mistreated to the heavens in comparison.

Give the guy some fucking confidence by giving him a run in the starting eleven so he doesn't have to feel he has to take on the whole world for the 30, 20, now 10 minutes he has on the pitch.

Almost all our players, including crapheads like Williamson, have improved massively by having an extended run in the first team. For some reason, HBA isn't given this leeway, or an opportunity to grow.

Still our most talented player by a fucking mile and it's a crying shame Pardew is killing his career and potential.

I'd be greedy as well if the only possible hope I had of getting in the team was to do something truly extraordinary. If the Stoke and Palace games weren't enough to get him in the side, I doubt a sensible cameo with some passes to the full back are going to do a great deal to convince the manager.

Unfortunately a lot of our fans and the clown we have as manager judge him from a different set of standards to the other players

He gets attacked for being inconsistent, which looking at the minutes he gets on the pitch is hardly a surprise. Unfair to demand consistency from someone who simply isn't getting the minutes

He doesn't lose possession (whether it be by a dodgy pass, shot etc) any more than the guys he is competing with BUT because he has the ability to beat a couple of players with ease more is demanded from him than others who lose the ball in a "safe" way

I know it's clichéd BUT give HBA to Keegan, SBR and watch him tear teams apart, instead we have a coward whose footballing philosophy is more concerned with what we do without the ball than with it