Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Imagine if this lad had of played for us under Robson man.

:smitten:

Second time I've read this on here. I don't think he'd get near Robson's side. Robert was a far better player and Solano was better suited to getting the best out of Shearer and Bellamy.

Agree. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

The players are shit scared of this fixture and with it the mackems because our manager and his cowardly tactics and approach to these games. They go into these games with a dare not lose mentality and when we go a goal down they panic and think fuck, that's it, we're beaten, shit...

You can see it in our play whenever we face them. It used to be the other way around. We are literally a beaten side before a ball is kicked. I and thousands of others knew we were going to lose today, regardless of the Cabaye sale or Remy loss.

Hatem is miles better than Robert in the middle third of the pitch - in no way, shape or form was Robert anywhere near as good at beating players and opening things up. Robert's shooting was better and crossing considerably better, but he played in a significantly better team too and therefore had greater freedom to get on the end of chances.

Hatem is miles better than Robert in the middle third of the pitch - in no way, shape or form was Robert anywhere near as good at beating players and opening things up. Robert's shooting was better and crossing considerably better, but he played in a significantly better team too and therefore had greater freedom to get on the end of chances.

Agree with everything here but at the end of the day Robert was a thousand times more effective and Hatem is shit on the left.

So the point is moot.

Second time I've read this on here. I don't think he'd get near Robson's side. Robert was a far better player and Solano was better suited to getting the best out of Shearer and Bellamy.

Agree. :thup:

I didn't mean it quite so literally like, more the abstract thought of him being able to express himself via a manager that would give him the confidence he needs.

Guest alijmitchell

Idiots expect HBA to be world class and win us matches single handedly, and when he doesn't he's instantly s****.

He is by far our best player who has been managed disgustingly and used as a scapegoat by our cowardly c*** of a manager.

How people can't see this is beyond me.  I'm suprised he's still willing to put the shirt on.

Fucksake, talk about blowing people's arguments out of proportion, no one expects him to win sindlehandedly. It's obvious he's been poorly managed, but it's also obvious that he's unfit, and makes poor decisions on the ball. Sissoko, Anita, were also s*** today granted, but as Ben Arfa is our best player, and everyone knows it, so perhaps more is expected from him. His performance today was very poor, accept it and move on.

Unfit while we have Santon, and the Ameobi brother running less than him. Jesus.

Get a grip man, all you're doing now is twisting my point by highlighting that he ran a bit more than 3 players who were absolute dog s*** today as well. Hatem was s*** today, in a s*** team, where has wasn't the worst but was still outstandingly s***. The s*** team was managed by an equally s*** manager, who set the team up badly, but who does not control every decision a player makes on the pitch. Get it?

I agree with some points but I'll let it go. Trying to get a point across on this forum is usually hard with stubborn people. I'll just ask the same question as Parky did, who should he be passing to when movement is absolute zero. It's him and Sissoko on the ball, both finding each other, but no one other to show as an option. It's terrible management from the off today. We lost because of Pardew.

I'm with you there. Look, the match is really a cloud of rage for me so trying to recall specific examples is tough, but there were times were I wanted him to recycle it (even if it meant passing back to anita or tiote, or a full back), a couple times on the left where he cut in, dragged back etc. and was eventually bundled off it by Bardsley, another time first half where his touch/knock forward rocketed for miles and went out, and another really poor through ball when cutting in. I think, off the top of my head. I'm not excusing others or Pardew, because everyone is rank, it is just so frustrating to see such a wonderful player make poor choices or execute things so badly. His performances are put in the spotlight more than most because he really could be a top player, but is regressing fast.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Sir Bobby would have dropped Solano for Ben Arfa myself, he would have recognised his outrageous ability and match winning capabilities and found a place for him, without a doubt. Solano was great and provided good balance but Bobby was always looking to find someone for that right side ahead of him. You have to remember also, that Sir Bobby was constantly looking to evolve how we played. He would have eventually looked to replace Robert because he was looking to replace Shearer with someone more mobile and more able to play without wingers etc.

So what your saying is Robert was much better at doing the things that actually matter (Goals), whilst Hatem is good at beating someone to then fuck up the pass/shot?

As if those players would have been as good under this clown as they were under him.

I think Sir Bobby would have dropped Solano for Ben Arfa myself, he would have recognised his outrageous ability and match winning capabilities and found a place for him, without a doubt. Solano was great and provided good balance but Bobby was always looking to find someone for that right side ahead of him. You have to remember also, that Sir Bobby was constantly looking to evolve how we played. He would have eventually looked to replace Robert because he was looking to replace Shearer with someone more mobile and more able to play without wingers etc.

That's the key bit for me. He would have recognised his talent and got him in there somewhere. Certainly confident he would have been a success in that side.

You say that but Robert would beat players effortlessly with his pace. Just a far better footballer where it mattered, ie putting the ball in exactly the right place, be it in the net or between the keeper and defenders.

I think part of the reason people don't move/make runs when Hatem is on the ball is party because they know he isn't gunna pass. That's also down to shitty management of course.

He passed the ball quite a bit against Norwich.

Guest alijmitchell

I think part of the reason people don't move/make runs when Hatem is on the ball is party because they know he isn't gunna pass. That's also down to shitty management of course.

Yep, I thought he did well against Norwich.

Yes and some outstanding passes that split the defence open especially in the first half

He needs to make use of his ability to get past players to get into useful space to execute a deadly pass or shot. The latter is severely lacking in his game recently.

Once he gets more games and his confidence up, I believe he will work wonders.

Guest alijmitchell

You say that but Robert would beat players effortlessly with his pace. Just a far better footballer where it mattered, ie putting the ball in exactly the right place, be it in the net or between the keeper and defenders.

Agree, Robert is/was head and shoulders above Ben Arfa.

Agree, Robert is/was head and shoulders above Ben Arfa.

Different players for me, Robert is far more a traditional winger, Ben Arfa a playmaker.

Guest Howaythetoon

What a load of guff.

Speak your mind :lol:

Whatever, Sir Bobby would have found a place for Ben Arfa in our side, and Solano would have made way. I mean this was a player Bobby actually sold and did try and replace or improve on once or twice...

Guest Howaythetoon

Better crosser, better at shooting, but a better footballer? Robert rarely beat a man. Although he was a good athlete in that he was quite tall, lithe and quick if not exactly rapid.

Different players full stop mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

I loved Robert and Solano.

all I wanted to say

Two of our best ever players in modern times. Totally different players as well. Personally, Solano is more my type but Robert on his day was immense, his crossing, set-pieces and shooting often made all the difference.

What a load of guff.

Whatever, Sir Bobby would have found a place for Ben Arfa in our side, and Solano would have made way. I mean this was a player Bobby actually sold and did try and replace or improve on once or twice...

or maybe in place of dyer

What a load of guff.

He wouldn't mind.

HBA isn't as good as Robert, Solano, Bellamy or Dyer.