Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Could it be that he's getting these ideas from, gulp, Pardew and our coaching staff? A lot of what he's been saying recently tallies with what Pardew has said he wants from him.

Nee way.

Pardew is responsible for poor set pieces. The rest is down to the players themselves.

:lol:

And hoofball. Don't forget the hoofball.

Guest icemanblue

Obviously not.

What is encouraging is that he's looking to improve the consistency and effectiveness of our best player. Especially considering how often we're told that we only work on defensive duties in training. If he/they is/are doing this for Hatem, chances are we do actually attempt to improve the attacking abilities of all of our players.

But, aye, it'll be played down now. Then we'll be doing shit, and every other post will be an hilarious quip about 'twenty minutes on attacking' in training.

I've had two dreams now where I'm driving him around then he has a heart attack and I have to give him cpr. Not sure if I'm gay or just never confident in our club getting anything right.

Why? what did you do to him after the cpr to make you think you were gay?

Could it be that he's getting these ideas from, gulp, Pardew and our coaching staff? A lot of what he's been saying recently tallies with what Pardew has said he wants from him.

Nee way.

Pardew is responsible for poor set pieces. The rest is down to the players themselves.

:lol:

And hoofball. Don't forget the hoofball.

He's absolutely been responsible for that in the past.  Its just taken a bit of pressure to bring it out in him in previous seasons, we'll see if that's changed if we hit some major problems this season.  Also remember him talking about the new amazing unstoppable set pieces he'd devised, shortly before we stopped scoring from set pieces.

Obviously not.

What is encouraging is that he's looking to improve the consistency and effectiveness of our best player. Especially considering how often we're told that we only work on defensive duties in training. If he/they is/are doing this for Hatem, chances are we do actually attempt to improve the attacking abilities of all of our players.

But, aye, it'll be played down now. Then we'll be doing shit, and every other post will be an hilarious quip about 'twenty minutes on attacking' in training.

Aye, that's fair enough, and I agree like. I'm just tired of the constant point scoring from both sides, even though I'm probably a part of it :lol:

Guest icemanblue

It is a pain in the arse, like. My original post was deliberately snarky, too. No idea why. :lol:

I feel comfortable in offering you another one of these: :thup: Your second one this week, I believe. Congratulations!

FWIW I don't think Ben Arfa did get in the box enough previously (when he doesn't have the ball) and if he has been told too (or decided on his tod) that he is going to start attacking the 6 yard box then it's good news all round.

If he has then credit should go to Pardew for it, but I haven't heard Pardew saying anything about Hatem not getting in the box enough. He's definitely doing it more now though, and that's why we scored that first goal against Villa.

Couldn't believe when he tapped it in last game. I actually remember thinking what on Earth is Ben Arfa doing in there, which is weird because he is an attacking player after all.

However, it's definitely something he hasn't done enough of previously i.e. getting into the box when play develops on the opposite side of the pitch. Good to see it's already paying dividends.

Can't believe Pardew is only just now suggesting this. What a dufus.

class, if we're crediting the old pards for now getting his attackers to attack space and get in the box, i guess we're also attributing the last year+ static footballing nightmare where everyone stood still to him to?

and we can put to bed the bollocks about the players not being good enough, or were too fearful

stands to reason right?

Guest bimpy474

We're playing better football, stands to reason we would get more players in the box as we're being more attacking. Same thing if you're defensive you get less. As long as Pardew keeps this offensive stance up no one can complain.

We're playing better football, stands to reason we would get more players in the box as we're being more attacking. Same thing if you're defensive you get less. As long as Pardew keeps this offensive stance up no one can complain.

Wide players really do need to be getting in the box when the crosses are coming in from the opposite wing, it's pretty basic stuff, especially if you are lining up 4-3-3. I'm just surprised that we haven't done it more previously, but then when one of your wingers is Jonas it's not that much of a surprise.

Guest bimpy474

Wide players really do need to be getting in the box when the crosses are coming in from the opposite wing, it's pretty basic stuff, especially if you are lining up 4-3-3. I'm just surprised that we haven't done it more previously, but then when one of your wingers is Jonas it's not that much of a surprise.

The Jonas thing is correct as he's so limited in attack but there's definitely a more attacking positive outlook, and the passing is so much shorter. Still baffled why it just needed Remy to make it happen as Pardew is seemingly indicating. The team is being positive and that is coming from Pardew, just as the negative defensive outlook came from him too. Prefer the positive stuff myself :lol:

Obviously not.

But, aye, it'll be played down now. Then we'll be doing s***, and every other post will be an hilarious quip about 'twenty minutes on attacking' in training.

I love how we've won a few games and you now think you're some sort of prophet.