Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Judging by the praise from Pardew over work rate you would think he's in with a better chance of starting. Going back to some of the comments about his strength, didn't Mimi say a while back that he's got big chest muscles for the first time in his career because of the post break rehab program?

Courtesy of Google translate..

Hatem Ben Arfa, the enfant terrible of French football as he is portrayed in England, he would eventually drive a bleeding heart? In any case the feeling that emerges from the interview he granted on Monday in L'Equipe. Particular, we learn why the young man (24 years) has "done terrible things in (his) career, coming out of the ordinary, good morals, things related to (his) attitude more than (his) words and did not like about (him). "Extremely lucid about his situation, the Newcastle player tells how he got there, the fault of his "arrogance" and "impulsive."

"I know now manage my instincts"

Newcastle 'like a promotion "

"Looking back, I understand that could take me for someone confident. I exuded something negative, I had bad energy. (...) I was a victim of my impulsivity said the French international. Drives, I still from time to time, but I know now manage. I am calm. "Newcastle player has said he" lacked generosity in life. ""My father did not know extérioser feelings. But I do not want him, "said Ben Arfa.

After nearly being enlisted in a cult, it is now away from all these negative things that have polluted the beginning of his career. His only fear now, "not having enough time to do all that I have to do, not being able to show my worth.".

Read the full interview with Hatem Ben Arfa, "I want to give love," Monday of the central section of L'Equipe.

"Domenech, the only one who understood me"

Hatem Ben Arfa makes a tribute to Raymond Domenech he sees as the only coach that really counted so far. Why? Because "in his eyes, in his speech in his attitude, it showed he had picked up," said the person.

Courtesy of Google translate..

Hatem Ben Arfa, the enfant terrible of French football as he is portrayed in England, he would eventually drive a bleeding heart? In any case the feeling that emerges from the interview he granted on Monday in L'Equipe. Particular, we learn why the young man (24 years) has "done terrible things in (his) career, coming out of the ordinary, good morals, things related to (his) attitude more than (his) words and did not like about (him). "Extremely lucid about his situation, the Newcastle player tells how he got there, the fault of his "arrogance" and "impulsive."

"I know now manage my instincts"

Newcastle 'like a promotion "

"Looking back, I understand that could take me for someone confident. I exuded something negative, I had bad energy. (...) I was a victim of my impulsivity said the French international. Drives, I still from time to time, but I know now manage. I am calm. "Newcastle player has said he" lacked generosity in life. ""My father did not know extérioser feelings. But I do not want him, "said Ben Arfa.

After nearly being enlisted in a cult, it is now away from all these negative things that have polluted the beginning of his career. His only fear now, "not having enough time to do all that I have to do, not being able to show my worth.".

Read the full interview with Hatem Ben Arfa, "I want to give love," Monday of the central section of L'Equipe.

"Domenech, the only one who understood me"

Hatem Ben Arfa makes a tribute to Raymond Domenech he sees as the only coach that really counted so far. Why? Because "in his eyes, in his speech in his attitude, it showed he had picked up," said the person.

The only answer..... DOMENECH IN!!!

One win in the league? Hmmm.

and statement like that without taking into account the opponents is not only "malignant nonsense" but stage 4 cancer to be honest!  :lol:

Does anyone else see a statement?

p*ss off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

<snip>

Lost for words.

Fucking hell

Even in a game where he didnt really stand out, he is fucking genius!

Guest ykmkmdd

<snip>

Lost for words.

Fucking hell

Even in a game where he didnt really stand out, he is fucking genius!

Aye, don't think you fully appreciate his vision and trickery when watching in real time.

<snip>

Lost for words.

f***ing hell

Even in a game where he didnt really stand out, he is f***ing genius!

He managed 2 one on one runs at Hill in the game and both times Hill s*** himself and Ben breezed past.

I wish Best had put away the through-ball in the second half.

Guest sicko2ndbest

<snip>

Lost for words.

f***ing hell

Even in a game where he didnt really stand out, he is f***ing genius!

Aye, don't think you fully appreciate his vision and trickery when watching in real time.

Its his balance which is amazing.

Without going OTT, he is Messiesque the way he beats the first man with that change of pace and direction. He obviously dosnt have Messi's explosiveness or sheer acceleration but there are not many in the league who are better than him 1v1.

The bit of skill he does in the highlights at 2:59 is unreal. Must be one of the most naturally gifted players we've ever had at the club, you can't teach a player the sort of creativity and skill he possesses.

Eh? He simply kicked it infront of him :lol: The pass was great.

1:55 and 2:35 stood out.

The bit of skill he does in the highlights at 2:59 is unreal. Must be one of the most naturally gifted players we've ever had at the club, you can't teach a player the sort of creativity and skill he possesses.

Eh? He simply kicked it infront of him :lol: The pass was great.

1:55 and 2:35 stood out.

If you watch carfully in HD he doesnt just kick it past him, he drags it past him with the soul of his foot :) A very hard skill indeed.

Watching that, I actually don't think he was aggressive enough at times, I think he could have run at them a bit more, considering the type of defender they have but that might be a fitness issue as he was working hard off the ball and hasn't had a lot of run outs over the last few months. I like it when he drifts inside and picks the ball up too, he causes most of his havoc then, I hope he's encouraged to do that as much as he may be told to stick wide. Really hope he gets a run of games, I'd love to see what he's like when he's relaxed and confident of his place.

Probably been posted but pretty much full(er) quotes from the French article, very interesting, particularly on the relationship with Pardew:

Hatem Ben Arfa has said that one of the reasons he has clashed with coaches in the past is that his father never told him he loved him but he promised that he will not be a problem player for Newcastle United.

The winger, who is trying to force his way into Alan Pardew's starting XI again after suffering a horrific leg break against Manchester City in October 2010, has fallen out with a string of coaches in his career but says he is now a changed man. "I did terrible things during my career, which weren't normal or morally good," he said in a long and open interview with L'Equipe on Monday. "It happened everywhere I went, in Clairefontaine, in Lyon. Since I was very small I've been very impulsive, I fought all the time.

"It is true that my father never told me that he loved me. Such generosity has been lacking in my life," Ben Arfa, the son of Tunisian immigrants in France, added.

The 24-year-old also reveals that several of his former coaches were afraid of him. "They didn't dare talk to me," he says. "It was like this with coaches and with everyone. It was because of my attitude. When I realised that, I changed. I opened up. I work a lot on this part of my personality because I have to."

Asked whether Pardew loves him, the winger said: "No. But I respect him for that choice. I ramp up my training, I try to be a good team-mate. I know what I'm doing right now will make me play well. I'm working harder than ever. I'm always frustrated when I'm not playing but, instead of clashing with the coach like before, I let it go because I know I'll lose. I'm going to submit to his [Pardew's] authority. … I'm not going to go looking for a fight. My time will come. I have to be patient."

Ben Arfa also reveals that only one coach, before he came to Newcastle, had understood him completely, although the name may come as a surprise: Raymond Domenech. The controversial former France coach, who oversaw the country's disastrous World Cup campaign in 2010, gave Ben Arfa his first cap in 2007. "He understood me," Ben Arfa said. "It was in his eyes. He kept telling me: 'Do your thing'. I felt confident with him because I've known coaches who only use words but words doesn't always show that a coach trusts you, you must feel it."

The 24-year-old winger has begun to impress with Newcastle after returning to action after almost a year on the sidelines with a double leg fracture, scoring in last week's FA Cup third-round win against Blackburn. "It did me good not to be seen for a year. It just gave me time to move on and mature."