Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I know it often sounds as if were all making excuses for him but everyone in that midfield will look ten times better with proper strikers who have pace and technique and not talentless plodders like Ameobi- hard for everyone to support them striking embarrassments

Play him wide it has to be in a 4-4-2, if not then in a front three behind the front two in a 4-3-3

Why?

In the formation we played today he looked lost, in a 4-4-2 he has more close support and two in the box to aim for.

In a 4-3-3 behind the front two he can create and has three behind him as coves if he loses the ball.

He probably looked lost because it was Best and Shola alongside him, and not Ba and Cisse. Once those two are back, you won't be saying the same thing.

HBA----Cab-----Tiote-----Jonas

--------Cisse------Ba

OR

(if we had better fullbacks)

----Cab-------Tiote---------Jonas

----------------HBA

-----Cisse---------------Ba

I want to keep him on the right for now, maybe later he can move centrally, think he could do that role happily in french league but runs into defenders too much. Proved he can play wide, even with one bad performance, it's hard to condemn individuals too much when the whole team played badly.

Guest VaVaVoom

If he is out wide the we HAVE to play with two strikers. 442 should be our 1st choice formation.

433 or more like a 4312 is something we can have a look at. Barfa in the "hole" behind TWO strikers (Ba and Cisse) would be awesome, but this then makes our setup narrow and im not quite sure how Jonas would do in that middle 3 over a period of time. It also puts more onus on our fullbacks to get quality balls in from the byline as a second attacking option (working it through the middle being the 1st) and we all know Simpsons redundancies in this department. Santon wont offer crosses down the left...more of a runner.

If we sign a quality LB in the summer then the 4312 is something we should seriously look at but until then it HAS to be 442.

Guest neesy111

Poor from him today like.

Still looks to be lacking stamina and that zip he had pre-injury. As he used to just glide past people.

Illness this week maybe affected his performance ???

He's shown he still has the 'zip' but for some reason looked sluggish today.

Think whatever they did in Tenerife was a massive fail.

We didn't have a single player who performed up to standard today, apart from Perch who was better than usual.

Guest mimifrench

He was really poor today, it's true. Made some bad choices too.

Not really a lot of movements around him though...

But I think the whole team was very bad. Thought they'll fight a lot more just to have a good Cup run...

Well, and Shola was.... Shola.

He's shown he still has the 'zip' but for some reason looked sluggish today.

Think whatever they did in Tenerife was a massive fail.

We didn't have a single player who performed up to standard today, apart from Perch who was better than usual.

Perch must have been designated driver.

Still created our best chance. The players clearly looked like they'd been told not to have much of a go at them, which is not acceptable.

Harper on ESPN was full of it too. 'I think we might have to get them back to St James' Park to go through' :scared:

Guest VaVaVoom

Must be frustrating though, with the s**** he has infront of him. It's like when your playing footy with friends, and the lad that's a bit s*** is in space, but....

:lol:

Still created our best chance. The players clearly looked like they'd been told not to have much of a go at them, which is not acceptable.

Harper on ESPN was full of it too. 'I think we might have to get them back to St James' Park to go through' :scared:

It's this sort of thinking and the fact we turned down away ticket allocations that baffle and bring out the conspiracy theorist in me. Can't find any other rational explanation to go to Brighton at supposedly decent strength and play for a draw.