Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Ben Arfa added:

“It took me time. It is a different league here. It is a 90-minute energy that you need.

“The coach and the staff put that philosophy into us all the time, it helps.

“After a year of injuries, I always knew it would be very hard to be 100 per cent again.

“But I never worried that I would not play again.

“I always felt and hoped that I would get back to 100 per cent fitness.

“It wasn’t easy. When you are out for that long you can feel that you might lose a bit of your game. When you come back, you have to start all over again.

“But the manager told me to keep training hard. He insisted I was here for training all the time – the more you train and the better you train, the more likely it is that you will be better on the pitch.’’

Seems the coaching staff are happy, and Hatem himself is happy and buys into the the hard work and the time it has taken to get back from the injury and adapt.

Great stuff. :clap:

Ben Arfa added:

“It took me time. It is a different league here. It is a 90-minute energy that you need.

“The coach and the staff put that philosophy into us all the time, it helps.

“After a year of injuries, I always knew it would be very hard to be 100 per cent again.

“But I never worried that I would not play again.

“I always felt and hoped that I would get back to 100 per cent fitness.

“It wasn’t easy. When you are out for that long you can feel that you might lose a bit of your game. When you come back, you have to start all over again.

“But the manager told me to keep training hard. He insisted I was here for training all the time – the more you train and the better you train, the more likely it is that you will be better on the pitch.’’

Seems the coaching staff are happy, and Hatem himself is happy and buys into the the hard work and the time it has taken to get back from the injury and adapt.

Great stuff. :clap:

:thup:

I can definitely see why he would be a managers nightmare but I love the bloke a hell of a lot.

He's like going out with Kelly Brook but she is a complete slug who shags all your mates, it's a complete nightmare but at the same time you are shagging Kelly Brook!

Who told him it was alright to pass the ball across our own penalty like that? :lol: Is he mad?

It's exactly things like that and his run in our box (but, but Williamson something like it!) earlier that is stopping me joining the 'burn him, burn Pardew as a witch!' crowd.

Who told him it was alright to pass the ball across our own penalty like that? :lol: Is he mad?

It's exactly things like that and his run in our box (but, but Williamson something like it!) earlier that is stopping me joining the 'burn him, burn Pardew as a witch!' crowd.

Stupid, but we never lost possesions once because of him and  I rather keep possesion then hoofing the ball up and then losing possesion :pow:

Stupid, but we never lost possesions once because of him and  I rather keep possesion then hoofing the ball up and then losing possesion :pow:

Never said we did and I have said numerous times I would play him BUT it's not hard to see why a manager is apprehensive to play the lad.

Never said we did and I have said numerous times I would play him BUT it's not hard to see why a manager is apprehensive to play the lad.

Fair enough, I find it idiotic nonetheless from Pardew. 

I watched him for years in OM and he didn't make a habit of doing stepovers in the penalty box. He hasn't been doing these sorts of things here for the most part either. Maybe he just awoke this morning and decided he wasn't ever going to clear the ball.

He kept the ball very well in that incident in the first half, found one of our players in plenty of space.

Williamson making a fucking mess of it a few moments later was hardly his fault.

I understand why Pardew will drop him if it goes so completely against his philosophies, but I don't agree with having those philosophies in the first place.

Jamie Cuntknapp needs to shut up about him tracking back like, I thought he spent more time defending than attacking today!

If we're going to continue to aimlessly punt the ball forwards, we have absolutely no need for players like Ben Arfa on the pitch!

Jamie Cuntknapp needs to shut up about him tracking back like, I thought he spent more time defending than attacking today!

If we're going to continue to aimlessly punt the ball forwards, we have absolutely no need for players like Ben Arfa on the pitch!

Pretty much, Ben Arfa ran the right wing on his own today, was pretty Jonas-esque but with those moments of madness.

I think the fact that Danny Simpson is fucking shit didn't help him that much, Pardew took him off because they were attacking our Right side and we had no answer, that being said it wasn't his best game, think he could've twice had a shot but he decided to dribble instead, still i'm all in for him starting next week.