Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think Ben Arfa needs at least another season with us to prove that he can perform consistently over a whole season.  If he does that, he will command a much bigger transfer fee that he would do now. 

If he does perform to his potential, he should be playing at one of the elite clubs so I wouldn't begrudge him such a move but I would like to have some more special memories from him playing for Newcastle before he does move on.

I fucking hate this attitude, you'd think we were Stoke or Wigan.

No offence like.

Absolutely nothing wrong with those comments. It's sad but true that if HBA plays like he has the potential there's no chance we can hold on to him for many years as every massive club in the world would want him. Let's just enjoy him when we can.  :rose:

I think Ben Arfa needs at least another season with us to prove that he can perform consistently over a whole season.  If he does that, he will command a much bigger transfer fee that he would do now. 

If he does perform to his potential, he should be playing at one of the elite clubs so I wouldn't begrudge him such a move but I would like to have some more special memories from him playing for Newcastle before he does move on.

I fucking hate this attitude, you'd think we were Stoke or Wigan.

No offence like.

Depends what you mean by "elite". I'd begrudge him going to a club on par or just a step or two above us, but in the unlikely event that a Real Madrid or Barcelona came in, I'd find it hard to blame him if he wanted to move. That's not to say we should just stand aside and allow it to happen mind.

It's just the whole 'too good for us' thing that annoys me. I want him to be ace for us to benefit us, not because 'he should be playing at one of the elite clubs'. Fair enough if we're talking about potential signings, but not someone who's already agreed to join NUFC. Of course if any of the really top tier clubs that we can't compete with come in then yeah he'll understandably want to go and that applies to all our players. Until then we should just enjoy their talents.

I couldn't agree more, though I can understand wanting to play regular champions league footy in a way, join an elite club? how is anyone supposed to become an "elite" club if that's the attitude? He is an absolutely magical player and I want us to be on his level and when he goes replace him with someone on his level and play the best football possible.

Guest Spiria

Hatem on the match :

"The Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye is expected to feature, with his club-mate Hatem Ben Arfa convinced the French will boast enough invention to break down a stubborn English defence. "Cabaye is sensational and, along with [Franck] Ribéry, France have enough creativity and threat to break down England," said Ben Arfa. "It is the key to the whole match. We have a lot of great forward players and in midfield and that is why we must believe we can get a positive result against England.

"People are making us favourites but I know English football. Their players, like their clubs, are never defeated until the end, so we cannot afford to be arrogant. In reality, this match will be very hard for us. It will be very special for me because many of my team-mates at Newcastle have been joking about this for months. England have special players, a lot of quality but we believe we can win and that would give us a big start."

I f***ing hate this attitude, you'd think we were Stoke or Wigan.

No offence like.

Wey we're hardly Barcelona or Real Madrid either and we're never going to be.

Good job he's not a Barca or Real Madrid calibre player then.

Aye, always easily had the potential to be but still has to prove himself at least another year consistently to even get near that sort of level.  He fannied around with his career for way too long.

To be fair we're a financially well-run club now and every player has his price, luckily because we're healthy we can demand way over the odds so we'll hopefully never get fleeced unless we get another contract situation like Enrique's.

With all that in mind I can't see him going anywhere this summer, perhaps next year.

He's easily good enough, it is I suppose a matter of consistency, if he can do the things he does all the time then he is certainly that level, adn I think Pardew has added that to his game, got him working hard every game all the time, and even when he's not scoring amazing games his passing is exemplary, he's one of the very best players in the premier league  imo, maybe needs a full season though to prove it once and for all. And even if he does we need to be trying to get him to extend his contract etc, balls to very good players going to apparently 'better' clubs

Guest Spiria

He's easily good enough, it is I suppose a matter of consistency, if he can do the things he does all the time then he is certainly that level, adn I think Pardew has added that to his game, got him working hard every game all the time, and even when he's not scoring amazing games his passing is exemplary, he's one of the very best players in the premier league  imo, maybe needs a full season though to prove it once and for all. And even if he does we need to be trying to get him to extend his contract etc, balls to very good players going to apparently 'better' clubs

Get Benzema in Newcastle. Would love to see this two play together !

Get Benzema in Newcastle. Would love to see this two play together !

oi, you just chill out donkey kong

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01837/wayne-rooney_1837352b.jpg

ROO MUST BE JOKING

http://topnews.in/sports/files/Jose-6Mourinho.jpg

YET MOUR SHITTY SPACE-SAVING ABBREVIATIONS OF FOOTBALL PERSONALITIES' NAMES, THAT NEVER GET USED IN ANY OTHER SITUATION?

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/May/Week1/15276820.jpg

FUCKING DROG ON, THE SUN.  DROG ON

He's easily good enough, it is I suppose a matter of consistency, if he can do the things he does all the time then he is certainly that level

That goes for pretty much every PL footballer, though.

Good job he's not a Barca or Real Madrid calibre player then.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/008/soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

That made me laugh out loud and I don't know why.