Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Aye definitely him or Colo.

He gives us that something extra, that bit of ability that creates something from nothing and changes games.  I know I'm cliché-ing to fuck here but it's true.  That match on Saturday would have petered out into a draw without him taking the initiative.

It might not be tbf, I just know that there was a lot of discussion last season about Harper not wanting to travel away because of his family or something? And Pardew mentioned that we would be rotating the 2 on the bench.

I don't know who I'd prefer in any case as neither fill me with confidence.

It might not be tbf, I just know that there was a lot of discussion last season about Harper not wanting to travel away because of his family or something? And Pardew mentioned that we would be rotating the 2 on the bench.

I can remember that being said too. Round about the same time their was a rumour that he was caught playing golf when he was supposed to be injured and that he would never play for us again.

I find it hard to believe though because he's always seemed like a model pro throughout his career, i cant imagine him doing something as daft as that.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Aye definitely him or Colo.

He gives us that something extra, that bit of ability that creates something from nothing and changes games.  I know I'm cliché-ing to f*** here but it's true.  That match on Saturday would have petered out into a draw without him taking the initiative.

Conversely with Colo out there we probably wouldnt have Defoe getting a free header outside the 6 yard box, Colo and Ben Arfa are our two best players and I think with them in the squad we have a proper scary team

I can remember that being said too. Round about the same time their was a rumour that he was caught playing golf when he was supposed to be injured and that he would never play for us again.

I find it hard to believe though because he's always seemed like a model pro throughout his career, i cant imagine him doing something as daft as that.

I thought the "wouldn't travel" thing was just that he wouldn't travel to sit on the bench.

I think if he was in the first XI, for whatever reason, he'd happily travel.

Despite his wundergoals in other games still thought against west brom away was his finest hour last season. In that last run it felt players were taking turns to boss games, Cabaye did stoke, Cisse did Swansea  :aww:

That WBA game was something special from the whole team, the pace and urgency in our counter attacks was just amazing.

:drool:

Despite his wundergoals in other games still thought against west brom away was his finest hour last season. In that last run it felt players were taking turns to boss games, Cabaye did stoke, Cisse did Swansea  :aww:

When he plays like that he's one of the best about for sure.

Guest fraser

His glance over to the us as he walked onto the pitch at Chelsea was amazing, as if to say 'this is sorted'. It was as it transpired.

That WBA game was something special from the whole team, the pace and urgency in our counter attacks was just amazing.

That first half was the most enjoyable to watch from an attacking point of view out of the whole season. The way Ba, Cisse and HBA linked up, it felt like we were witnessing the start of something very special. I remember even Jonas from his deeper role putting in some killer passes. Would love more of the same please. Especially from our number ten. Makes the working week go quicker knowing you've got the opportunity to watch Hatem at the weekend.

That first half was the most enjoyable to watch from an attacking point of view out of the whole season. The way Ba, Cisse and HBA linked up, it felt like we were witnessing the start of something very special. I remember even Jonas from his deeper role putting in some killer passes. Would love more of the same please. Especially from our number ten. Makes the working week go quicker knowing you've got the opportunity to watch Hatem at the weekend.

Incredible game that was. In the past few years I've watched other sides conduct swift, precise and lethal counterattacks, and always wished I could see NUFC do the same. We haven't had that since the SBR days. It's fucking beautiful to watch.

Lovely post SMTW and welcome to the forum  :smitten:

First time I saw NUFC last season not hoofing it all game, and trying something more adventurous in the form of the 4-3-3. :sweetjesus:

First time I saw NUFC last season not hoofing it all game, and trying something more adventurous in the form of the 4-3-3. :sweetjesus:

The game where our season changed to be honest. I know we beat Norwich the game before, but Pardew found his second winning formula of the season at WBA.

The excitement that day  :cheesy:

Guest Spiria

BEN ARFA - NEWCASTLE UNITED NUMBER 10 {UPDATED} {NUFC_COMPILATION}

Include his performance against Spurs around 2:40.