Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

There was a great moment at the match today where it all sunk in. I just looked at my mate and said "There's a genuinely world class player at our club. I can't believe it". He's just a joy to watch and the type of player we all dream of being as kids. Make the most of him.

Think he would flourish even more once Cabaye is back to full form, Tiote is consistantly fit and Anita adapts to the pace and physicality of the league. A midfield three would allow us to dictate games more, which is what I think we need to make HBA even more effective than he already is.

There was a great moment at the match today where it all sunk in. I just looked at my mate and said "There's a genuinely world class player at our club. I can't believe it". He's just a joy to watch and the type of player we all dream of being as kids. Make the most of him.

He's beginning to believe...

As impressive as his performances have been, it's such a positive that he hasn't kicked off in the slightest (involving us) in his near 2 years here. Other clubs are avoiding him based on his attitude problems which are non-existent, even when stuck behind Obertan for months.

I absolutely love the roar that goes up whenever he gets the ball in any position. It must give him a huge lift to hear 52,000 shout "G'wan Hatem, son!" the minute the ball arrives at his feet, knowing that everyone in ground wants him to do what he enjoys doing himself. Having the freedom to play in such a way and know that if it doesn't come off you'll not get a bollocking from the stands must be great for a player like him.

As impressive as his performances have been, it's such a positive that he hasn't kicked off in the slightest (involving us) in his near 2 years here. Other clubs are avoiding him based on his attitude problems which are non-existent, even when stuck behind Obertan for months.

That contradicts what Pardew has had to say in the past, sounds like he's a bit of a nightmare to manage to be fair. But yes, I agree, the staff and he have done well to get it to work so far.

That contradicts what Pardew has had to say in the past, sounds like he's a bit of a nightmare to manage to be fair. But yes, I agree, the staff and he have done well to get it to work so far.

When has Pardew ever suggested anything like this?

I absolutely love the roar that goes up whenever he gets the ball in any position. It must give him a huge lift to hear 52,000 shout "G'wan Hatem, son!" the minute the ball arrives at his feet, knowing that everyone in ground wants him to do what he enjoys doing himself. Having the freedom to play in such a way and know that if it doesn't come off you'll not get a bollocking from the stands must be great for a player like him.

Yeah, every time he got the ball there was a noticeable shift in the crowd. A mix of excitement, anticipation and nerves. Only very special players can do that.

Fancied a punt on him for PFA player of the Year, not even in the running:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-player-of-the-year

Some of the names you can bet on and HBA is not there :yao:

Would be nice but he would have to have one unreal season to beat the media favourites, i mean Scott Parker was nominated last season ffs.

Guest firetotheworks

You can pretty much tell now that the PFA player of the year will be one of Joe Hart, RVP and someone else. In fact, I can't even look past Joe Hart tbh. For me it would be Yaya Toure, by quite some distance as well.

It will probably change over the season but so far me Hart has been nowhere near his best and quite a few GK's have been more impressive.

He will probably still get in there like but for me if performances of the first 5 games are any indicator with how the season will pan out then Hart should be nowhere near the nominated list.

Not like it matters at this stage tbh as there will probably be totally different names talked about come May.