Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

This guy needs to play up front with Ba or in behind him. He's wasted on the wing for me.

If he can make runs and beat a number of people like he does from on the edge of our box imagine that against the last line of defence over and over. He's got plenty of technique and trickery to be a nightmare to centre backs and full backs.

This guy needs to play up front with Ba or in behind him. He's wasted on the wing for me.

If he can make runs and beat a number of people like he does from on the edge of our box imagine that against the last line of defence over and over. He's got plenty of technique and trickery to be a nightmare to centre backs and full backs.

Not really he's fine on the wing his best form for us come on the right side of a front 3.

It's playing so deep he might as well be a f*cking wing back that's the issue here, well one of the issues.

Not necessarily. Would have less room to operate in and would get bullied a bit more by the physical CB's. I see what you mean though and it might be worth giving a go but I'm not convinced it would be as easy for him as you think.

Not really he's fine on the wing his best form for us come on the right side of a front 3.

It's playing so deep he might as well be a f*cking wing back that's the issue here, well one of the issues.

Being part of a front 3 is very different role from a winger though. I'm not saying he's bad there, he isn't, but I'd rather see Ben Arfa already being up front and ready to receive the ball during an attack than seeing him pick up the ball so much in our own half.

He would touch the ball two times per game if he played where you are suggesting. It's better for us if he touches the ball at least somewhere on the pitch.

Guest firetotheworks

Where he plays is the absolute least of our problems. He goes where he wants from the right side anyway and is effective anywhere across the front line. It's brilliant watching him skin 4 players, but his runs shouldn't be starting halfway in our own half.

Our best player today. Sick of silly tossers shouting "PASS THE BALL MAN!" at him. Which statue exactly is he meant to pass to?

aye me mate had a good go a someone at the back of the strawberry corner for that, kid was trying to start some kind of chant about him not passing or some shit

:facepalm:

His problem yesterday was that no one else was really on his wavelength. That said there were a couple of times he could have played easy balls into Santon down the right. Hopefully those two can play together a bit more and strike up a partnership. He was the only one trying to make things happen until Marveaux came on.

Guest firetotheworks

It beggars belief that anyone would want him to play a simple pass to anyone else. They all just fucking stand there watching and if they do get the ball, guess what? They play the same simple, nothing ball that they were screaming for HBA to play.

He would touch the ball two times per game if he played where you are suggesting. It's better for us if he touches the ball at least somewhere on the pitch.

Disagree with this a lot. You make it sound like he would be isolated out of the game but he wouldn't.

It beggars belief that anyone would want him to play a simple pass to anyone else. They all just f***ing stand there watching and if they do get the ball, guess what? They play the same simple, nothing ball that they were screaming for HBA to play.

That's the way I feel, at times I thought pass it then looked around and he had nobody to pass to unless it went backwards.

Watch Santon on their first goal, he got nowhere near his man. He's overrated, in fact mostly by various people on this forum, I've never heard any one in the press ever big him up. He's not our worst player, but don't tell me a decent club out there is trying to buy him.

He's a very young defender who was converted from a centre forward. It's totally daft to not expect him to improve this side of his game as he gets older.