Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Yesterday really exposed the problem with HBAs schoolyard dribbling. The rest of the team have forgotten how to play. I blame AP for not integrating HBAs talent into a team structure. Just letting him run around in an ill disciplined frenzy of ball hogging is plain lazy

If you have player like HBA you want him on the ball as much as possible.

Yesterday really exposed the problem with HBAs schoolyard dribbling. The rest of the team have forgotten how to play. I blame AP for not integrating HBAs talent into a team structure. Just letting him run around in an ill disciplined frenzy of ball hogging is plain lazy

I guarantee you if we had more movement around him Ben Arfa would pass more.

Guest malandro

I'm sure he would.

Getting the most out of HBA means getting the ball to him in dangerous positions, not him chasing around looking for the ball. He'd do far more damage trying to beat one or two men than starting in his own half and trying to beat a whole team.

I'm sure he would.

Getting the most out of HBA means getting the ball to him in dangerous positions, not him chasing around looking for the ball. He'd do far more damage trying to beat one or two men than starting in his own half and trying to beat a whole team.

Absolutely correct. This means he needs to play as far up the pitch as possible. Either as a second striker, or central just behind the front two.

Right side of a front 3 with freedom to roam like Mata and Hazard are for Chelsea ( atleast under Di Matteo anyway) would work too.

I also think that it is his best position.

He should really just be on the pitch with complete freedom to play his game. Sure put him on the right of a front 3 or behind the two central strikers and just ask that he comes back to help out in defense when he can/we need it. But other than that, he'll quickly identify who who can take and what he can do and just dominate.  Give him some observations when he can and give him a quick run-down at half-time on some things he could improve on or things he could take advantage on.

Guest Vinkent

Right side of a front 3 with freedom to roam like Mata and Hazard are for Chelsea ( atleast under Di Matteo anyway) would work too.

West Brom away last season. He was lethal. As were Cisse's off the ball runs

West Brom away last season. He was lethal. As were Cisse's off the ball runs

WBA away last season was the best i have seen us in a long time.

So much pace and movement all over the place.

We used our players to their strength, i thought we had turned the corner then.  :undecided:

We demolished stoke twice last season both times were magnificent. First time round we played better on the wings (remember it being one of Obertan's few good games), trolled them with towelling off throw ins and Ba was brilliantly clinical.

Second time round we did what is apparently difficult to do to stoke and play great football against them, Cabaye's best game for us, not just cos he scored twice but he just bossed the midfield in every way.

We demolished stoke twice last season both times were magnificent. First time round we played better on the wings (remember it being one of Obertan's few good games), trolled them with towelling off throw ins and Ba was brilliantly clinical.

Second time round we did what is apparently difficult to do to stoke and play great football against them, Cabaye's best game for us, not just cos he scored twice but he just bossed the midfield in every way.

That through ball to Cisse was as amazing as was Cisse's off the ball movement to get on the end of it.

Sort it out Pards. :(

Guest hydeous

Let's just watch the match replay from last season this wednesday instead of 90 minutes of football that's going to make me want to kill myself.

After the away game I was so impressed with Pardew. He basically crowded the wings knowing Stoke have Delap and some other class midfielder in the middle and can't create shit from there. Everybody kept saying Paredw found a way to stop Stoke's horrible but somewhat effective style.

Sort it out Pards.