Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Great, let's talk about selling the best player we've had in 20 years some more.

Dude, he's our best player and a great player on his day, but you need to quit this OTT rubbish. You were comparing him with Van Persie before.

Best player in 20 years.  :lol:

I don't see what's funny about that. I'd say the last twenty years the top three players we've had talent/technique wise has been Beardsley, Ginola and Ben Arfa.

be a massive departure for pardew to play that many attacking players at the same time mind

if he has gouff, sissoko, hba, cisse & cabaye on at the same time that only leaves his demented defensive brain the option of tiote to cover them all :lol:

my guess is he'll sacrifice gouff for jonas

Cabaye's defensive work is massive for us and he really shouldn't be listed there.

HBA's fallen out with virtually every other manager he's worked under, both at club level and national level.

No one has treated HBA the way Pardew has.  And HBA has credited Pardew with bringing out the best in him. 

It is not a great leap of logic to credit Pardew with his man-management in this case. Doing so wouldn't negate other anti-Pardew arguments either.

Guest VanBarduck

http://photo.europe1.fr/divers/couverture-surface2/25009393-1-fre-FR/Couverture-Surface_scalewidth_300.jpg

Just bought the magazine , he's wearing a Paul Picot watch  :smitten:

I tried everything I could with the translation , took me times , there's more to come maybe this evening..

Due to hearing that you are the best when since you were a kid, did you end up resting on your laurels?

It is not because you are told that you are the best that you need to rest on your laurels, but sometimes when  you produce things on the pitch, which are so easy for you but almost impossible for others…

A person who has of the “talent” may not have to improve himself. But if you want be part of the best, work is necessary. Otherwise, you will never be great player. Now, I train hard, because I want to be a great player…I could not train and still produce decent performance, but never great games.

After not being called-up several times and those multiples injuries, are you under the impression that you’ll never achieve something with national team ?

No, never. I always have the World cup in 2014,in my mind and for me it’s impossible that I do not make it

I already strongly wanted to go at the Euro 2012, but the Mundial in 2014, it’s in Brazil!

It’s a date which I have in mind for a long time, because I know that I’ll arrive at my peak in this period, I really want to put all my qualities in the duty of France. I would be 27 years old, I would be in the strength of my life. That will also be 10th years of my career (since he won Euro title Under17 in 2004)

What this Mundial represents for you?

A second “coronation” for the French national team, even if that can seem presumptuous.(laugh)

Alan Pardew is a coach with whom you get along…

With Alan, it’s great. From the beginning, he counted on me, don’t forget that I was on loan and there was another coach before him. He didn’t have the chance to put me in the team but he immediately asked the board to sign me while I was confined on a hospital bed with a broken leg!

Already, he showed me the trust which he had in me. Then when I came back from my injury, he gave me time to return properly, because at first, physically, it wasn't pretty good. Then he gave me a lot of responsibilities. We talk and share a lot, there is a real relationship of trust which has settled down between us, a real complicity. With Pardew it's as if we never going to betray each other .This coach/player relation is very important for me.

Now, how do you feel at Newcastle?

The gaffer, the staff, the board, gives me a lot. They make me feel like I’m a massive representative of the club, and that…is about the first time that ever happened to me (laugh).I feel like I can have a major role in the clubs results.

Recently, you’ve been announced perhaps everywhere during the transfer market?

Last summer, we really had a great season and I needed to settle myself even more in a team where felt great. I still had lot to learn and give back, because they gave so much. I simply couldn’t leave last summer, even If I had several propositions. And this winter I wasn’t willing to leave either. Of course, I want the club to be ambitious, and sometimes in our minds we think we could go for the title with the squad and the prestige we’ve got.

This club empowered me so much, more than any other clubs. Everybody made me aware of my responsibilities, but they also gave me time, to perfectly understand it. Perhaps because this is how things goes in England. In France, the level of expectations was preposterous, people were intransigent. When I first arrived in England, fans didn’t know me. I had to impose myself on the pitch so they can witness what I’m all about. At first, I was nobody out there. I had more time to become hardened to the Premier league. Those were really good times, I didn’t drawn attention on me anymore. England benefits in so many ways. I was focused on football every day, I was improving with age and acquiring maturity, indulging myself, showing my worth. Little by little, I managed to win their heart. In France, there was more pressure people expected a lot from me, I was observed and as soon as a made a “faux-pas” or some poor “behavior”, I was definitely going to suffer from it.

In England things are smooth…

HBA's fallen out with virtually every other manager he's worked under, both at club level and national level.

No one has treated HBA the way Pardew has.  And HBA has credited Pardew with bringing out the best in him. 

It is not a great leap of logic to credit Pardew with his man-management in this case. Doing so wouldn't negate other anti-Pardew arguments either.

This. Ben Arfa never compliments a manager as much as Pardew. Under Deschamps and Puel management, it was pretty much the contrary.

be a massive departure for pardew to play that many attacking players at the same time mind

if he has gouff, sissoko, hba, cisse & cabaye on at the same time that only leaves his demented defensive brain the option of tiote to cover them all :lol:

my guess is he'll sacrifice gouff for jonas

Cabaye's defensive work is massive for us and he really shouldn't be listed there.

It isn't his biggest asset though.

This. Ben Arfa never compliments a manager as much as Pardew. Under Deschamps and Puel management, it was pretty much the contrary.

I'm fairly sure he's complemented Hughton too, great interview though. Really hates French press/fans/everyone it seems lol though so may undermine his chance to get in France squad again lol

No credit to be given since we don't know if Hatem wouldn't have come out blazing from the start had Pardew had the balls to play him early on. :yao:

Yeah, that's what I mean.

He made his return on the 24/09/11 and didn't start a game until Man City (19/11/11) & Man Utd and was dropped again after that until Fulham (21/01/12) after he was forced to come on early in the QPR game before it and ran the game.

2 starts in 3½ months and 16 games since he was declared fit enough to play. I just think that with actual "good man management" we would have seen the apparent improvements in him that we are now & had him playing to the level he was in the latter half of the season a little earlier than the 3½ months it took.

I'm not saying Pardew hasn't treat him well on the whole, I just don't think that particular period was too clever.

Great, let's talk about selling the best player we've had in 20 years some more.

Dude, he's our best player and a great player on his day, but you need to quit this OTT rubbish. You were comparing him with Van Persie before.

I don't see what's funny about that. I'd say the last twenty years the top three players we've had talent/technique wise has been Beardsley, Ginola and Ben Arfa.

To suggest he's a better player than Shearer and Pedro is silly and you know it.

All that's pure speculation though, what we do know is that everything Hatem says about Pardew is extremely positive.

Player in not coming out and slamming his manager shocker.

I have no doubt that Ben Arfa likes Pardew, or that most of our players do. I don't think that quite translates to mean literally every decision Pardew makes is the best for the player like.

To suggest he's a better player than Shearer and Pedro is silly and you know it.

Nah shearer was just a clogger  :lol:

Guest VanBarduck
Everyone says that you have no time left to lose in football with such a talent…

Yes I really feel that way. I have no time to lose, and it’s giving me headaches, because it‘s an additional pressure. The more I come of age and, the more I feel this pressure. It’s like a ticking-clock. But I still got huge ambitions.

Because of your age, your talent and that left foot of your, you look like a Messi , did you ever compare yourself to him and both of your career-path in order to progress?

Compared to Messi is more of maturity issue ... I regret that I didn’t fully developed earlier, because I think today I’ll be at higher level. Perhaps I would have been like him today. But I still have time , I need to stay humble: everything he did, he proved it over time, in fact that’s the difference; I  sure can produced moments of magic, but the important thing is the long term, and that’s what I aspire to, getting close to him…

What can we wish you for the future?

To outperform with Newcastle, to maintain the club in Premier League and find my way back into national team, because it's something that I care very much about.

End of the itw , actually there so much more , nearly 3 pages , but some of the things are irrelevant to Newcastle, or even football  ;D

but if people have some questions like " how are things between him and Diaby  ;D ? " or "What is his favourite song or movie " , if i cand find the answer in this massive interview , I 'll post it.

No credit to be given since we don't know if Hatem wouldn't have come out blazing from the start had Pardew had the balls to play him early on. :yao:

When he did play early on he was beyond poor, Pardew played a blinder with him.

Don't forget, he was available from the bench for a lot of last season aswell, from about September onwards, but for whatever reason Pardew preferred Obertan or R. Taylor.

:lol: I'd managed to blank that out of my memory.

What a complete f***ing arsehole  :lol:

Funnily enough that's not how Hatem sees it.

But if you went on like a child every prematch/match/post match thread It's best to ignore Ben Arfa praising the way he was eased in or you'll realise how stupid you looked at the time.

:bluestar:

You're talking absolute shite Cajun, sorry like :lol:

He never played because of his defensive work rate combined with his tendency to lose the ball more than other players, Pardew said this pretty much every week at the time, that Ben Arfa needed to "learn how to play in the team" and bollocks like that. You can see the effects of it now as Ben Arfa, to the detriment of his own game, has spent large portions of matches this season in his own 1/3.

Honestly man, not playing Ben Arfa for about 3 months was not a master-stroke in man-management from Pardew, it was fucking idiotic and arguably cost us a 3rd place finish.

Yep, I'm sure you know more than Ben Arfa himself :thup: christ :lol:

The way Pardew treated him was also mentioned in France about why we have such a good reputation over there but carry on.

Also bit of a strange dig at the manager who got us our best finish and points total in years costing us a higher position by being fucking idiotic.

Does it matter what Ben Arfa thinks of Pardew?  I've got little or no doubt that they get on well but I think a lot of us were wondering what was going to happen when he was coming back from the broken bones.  Pardew was almost writing him off during that season when he was talking about him possibly not being here too much longer (my words, not his).  I don't think Ben Arfa is a better player but I do realise that he's matured for us and that isn't a bad thing as historically he's pissed managers off and by doing so made himself unavailable for games.

All that doesn't matter, we have a very good footballer coming back from injury and we'll soon be able to watch him play football again.  I’d be over the moon to find out that he’s signed a new contract and I couldn’t give a shit about his injury record here.  He’s a brilliant footballer and if people can’t enjoy him they shouldn’t be watching football.

Does it matter what Ben Arfa thinks of Pardew?  I've got little or no doubt that they get on well but I think a lot of us were wondering what was going to happen when he was coming back from the broken bones.  Pardew was almost writing him off during that season when he was talking about him possibly not being here too much longer (my words, not his).  I don't think Ben Arfa is a better player but I do realise that he's matured for us and that isn't a bad thing as historically he's p*ssed managers off and by doing so made himself unavailable for games.

All that doesn't matter, we have a very good footballer coming back from injury and we'll soon be able to watch him play football again.  I’d be over the moon to find out that he’s signed a new contract and I couldn’t give a s*** about his injury record here.  He’s a brilliant footballer and if people can’t enjoy him they shouldn’t be watching football.

:thup: