Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

False keeper ftw

SWEEPER KEEPER!

been used by kids for years, also called rush keeper up here.

It's just a keeper who can do more than just stay on his line and save shots. Any keeper at this level possesses the skills to intercept the ball, pass it around etc...

Guest firetotheworks

Guys, guys, everyone should just wear whatever the f*** they want. It's your attitude that counts.

Fuckin' A

Guest neesy111

Always good to catch up on a generally poor thread you avoid to find it's full of a good 2/3 pages of utter drivel.

Par for the course for this thread.

:thup:

As daft as it sounds, when I read that I thought Pardew was comparing the position and role Suarez plays and how Ben Arfa plays in the same way for us, but the editor makes it sound like he's comparing both and that Suarez is the better player ???

Anyway. I have to admit Pardew really seems to be managing him really well lately - pushing him when he needs to be pushed, setting the bar for his expected standard and in all honesty probably easing him back into the team the right way this season after the injuries. I think his man management skills at times are pretty underrated - if he had a really astute and proven tactician alongside him I really believe we would have a consistent top 5/6 side with this current team

Might work out best to protect him for Anzhi really, we've shown the past month that this current team can perform and get results, but against Anzhi we might need that 'spark' in what's pretty much a one-off tie now.

The Anzhi game is more important than this = save Ben Arfa.

Easy.

We shouldn't need ben arfa to beat Stoke, we may need him to beat Anzhi.

He'd have still been rusty if he'd played today, it's not a disaster and it's not Pardew's fault.

Well I disagree, but I went into why in the other thread so I won't go on about it.

I would say the Anzi game is more important to me tbh.

Can't understand that like, if we lost today we'd be right back in trouble again.  I'd rather go out of Europe than have to worry about relegation again.

Nowt to do with wether I think Ben Arfa should play, just saying I think winning today is more important personally.

You know fine well he'd be targeted today, even in a cameo. Probably the right decision.

Certainly if he started, perhaps he could play near the end if the game is settled but yeah could still be a risk.  Its not a crazy decision if that's all it is.

The Anzhi game is more important than this game??

Or do you just mean we need Ben Arfa more against Anzhi than we need him today?

For me the focus of our season should now be to try and win the EL. Sure we are still in the shit, but we need Ben Arfa more against Anzhi then against Stoke as Anzhi is the better team. Still it wouldn´t matter to me because the EL is more important for me.

Might work out best to protect him for Anzhi really, we've shown the past month that this current team can perform and get results, but against Anzhi we might need that 'spark' in what's pretty much a one-off tie now.

The Anzhi game is more important than this = save Ben Arfa.

Easy.

Do we know that he's going to be fit for the Anzhi game?