Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The false 9 thing is kinda silly considering essentially that is what would happen if you played him in the no 9 position, he'd drop deeper than a traditional striker. The only reason to play him up front is if we don't have other options, or people think the presence of a striker actually gets in his way, which I don't think it does.

Barcalona use it cos it allows them to keep more possession as much as everything, they don't have an outlet who are going to waste possession with speculative efforts on goal. We don't play that brand of football, we want to be more direct.

I'm with HTT on this 'false 9' thing. It's doing my f***ing nut in.

Class :lol:

I hate people like that which sadly seems to be how blokes are becoming these days. What happened to the shirt, jeans and shoes man? Now you have blokes, some in their forties, wearing twisty jeans that hang down their arse, huge v neck t shirts, with a scarf around their neck, fucking either big pointy boots or sandals with fucking dog tags hanging around their neck, flat caps on their head and bracelets around their wrist. You're not cool, you're.... a dickhead.

A lad who plays football with us was out one night and dressed like that, he's 40 and you just know his wife watched fucking geordie shore or that london crap thing and thought that's how men look these days, here try them on. He looked like a dick and probably felt like one too.

:clap:

Me too. Reminds me of this lot:

I hate people like that which sadly seems to be how blokes are becoming these days. What happened to the shirt, jeans and shoes man? Now you have blokes, some in their forties, wearing twisty jeans that hang down their arse, huge v neck t shirts, with a scarf around their neck, fucking either big pointy boots or sandals with fucking dog tags hanging around their neck, flat caps on their head and bracelets around their wrist. You're not cool, you're.... a dickhead.

A lad who plays football with us was out one night and dressed like that, he's 40 and you just know his wife watched fucking geordie shore or that london crap thing and thought that's how men look these days, here try them on. He looked like a dick and probably felt like one too.

well if he lets his lass dress him he is a dick tbf

f*** off with this false number 9 s****.

Why not? He's perfect for the role if the team is set up right.

I'm on about the terminology.

And no he isn't!

Why? its been around since the 50s ffs :lol: its not something that was made up by Football Manager ffs :lol:

The term false 9 hasn't and nor has the position/role or whatever you want it to be. People are just looking back through the decades, picking out I don't know say Hungary and thinking hey, that Puskas, he wasn't a nunber 9 was he?! Must have been a false 9 then...

f*** off!

Can you imagine fans back then talking about false number 9s or the media writing about such crap?

:lol:

The term basically means a player who plays in between CF and attacking midfield and it has been a term used on the continent for decades because it didn't become a term widely used over here until recently doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And no he isn't!

Why? its been around since the 50s ffs :lol: its not something that was made up by Football Manager ffs :lol:

The term false 9 hasn't and nor has the position/role or whatever you want it to be. People are just looking back through the decades, picking out I don't know say Hungary and thinking hey, that Puskas, he wasn't a nunber 9 was he?! Must have been a false 9 then...

f*** off!

Can you imagine fans back then talking about false number 9s or the media writing about such crap?

The term basically means a player who plays in between CF and attacking midfield and it has been a term used on the continent for decades because it didn't become a term widely used over here until recently doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

i thought a false no9 was instead of the CF ? hence the no9 bit. have to say i'd never heard of it till barcelona started going without a CF.

well if he lets his lass dress him he is a dick tbf

Never realised he played football with Interpolic.

Guest Howaythetoon

And no he isn't!

f*** off!

Bull shit. I used to subscribe to the all knowing world soccer and never once saw the words "false number 9" in any of their pages. Its a new phrase coined by people who write football stuff for the Telegraph and trendy tactical blogs.

Where does it end? False 10? False sweeper?

Today Mathieu, I'm going to play you as a false number 7, just behind the winger, and just in front of the full-back. Your task, to play in between the two to link the two up. Get me?

Couldn't think of anything worse than going out in shirts, jeans and shoes btw. Charva-tastic.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hate people like that which sadly seems to be how blokes are becoming these days. What happened to the shirt, jeans and shoes man? Now you have blokes, some in their forties, wearing twisty jeans that hang down their arse, huge v neck t shirts, with a scarf around their neck, f***ing either big pointy boots or sandals with f***ing dog tags hanging around their neck, flat caps on their head and bracelets around their wrist. You're not cool, you're.... a dickhead.

A lad who plays football with us was out one night and dressed like that, he's 40 and you just know his wife watched f***ing geordie shore or that london crap thing and thought that's how men look these days, here try them on. He looked like a dick and probably felt like one too.

Couldn't think of anything worse than going out in shirts, jeans and shoes btw. Charva-tastic.

Nah, charvers go out in henley t-shirts and g star jeans. A nice pair of levis and a plain shirt with some nice casual shoes and you're a dappy chappy.

You get the impression these days blokes dress to dress up. Like how women do. Blokes should be blokes. I hate seeing grey haired old men wearing adidas sambas with red/purple/brown jeans cut short at the knee wearing a t- shirt with some half naked bird on the front or some mish mash of a union jack or stars and stripes.

Pet hate of mine the rebranding of the male or rather bloke.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: Double denim, black shoes, white shirt, that's HTT.

Its not, plain shirt, sleeves rolled up, levis and a pair of cat boots. Proper man me. I do own a denim shirt though.

I hate people like that which sadly seems to be how blokes are becoming these days. What happened to the shirt, jeans and shoes man? Now you have blokes, some in their forties, wearing twisty jeans that hang down their arse, huge v neck t shirts, with a scarf around their neck, f***ing either big pointy boots or sandals with f***ing dog tags hanging around their neck, flat caps on their head and bracelets around their wrist. You're not cool, you're.... a dickhead.

A lad who plays football with us was out one night and dressed like that, he's 40 and you just know his wife watched f***ing geordie shore or that london crap thing and thought that's how men look these days, here try them on. He looked like a dick and probably felt like one too.

Nah, charvers go out in henley t-shirts and g star jeans. A nice pair of levis and a plain shirt with some nice casual shoes and you're a dappy chappy.

You get the impression these days blokes dress to dress up. Like how women do. Blokes should be blokes. I hate seeing grey haired old men wearing adidas sambas with red/purple/brown jeans cut short at the knee wearing a t- shirt with some half naked bird on the front or some mish mash of a union jack or stars and stripes.

proper charvas wear trackie bottoms

proper charvas wear trackie bottoms

With Rockport boots.

Guest VanBarduck

Boss: 'Ben Arfa Can Be One Of World's Best'

"He's a massive player at this level. For us, he's our Suarez - he's that different player, someone who in a tight game can create something out of nothing, and it would be great if we could have him available tomorrow for the last 30 minutes.

"He was a real problem for Stoke last year and hopefully he'll be available to me. We'll have to wait and see tomorrow.

"He can play anywhere in an offensive situation. I wouldn't want to play him at centre-half but everywhere else, he can play. He's a fantastic player - tremendous technique and a great mentality to be one of the best players in the world.

"That's what he wants to be, that's his target, and all I'm trying to do is drive him towards that goal."

Guest VanBarduck

Should have added when saying he can be our suarez, without the racism and the cheating

;D less ugly too