Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I thought Ben Arfa did as well as he could today, there's only so much he can do. Fact is, his teammates slack off because they expect Hatem to do everything. It's embarrassing to watch, actually.

Mix of both. Don't think it's fair to slag HBA off, but at the same time Hatem and his teammates expect him to do everything sometimes. But like Dave said, there was no movement with our players and when HBA has the ball everyone just stands and looks at him.

you reckon ? they just sat back, he had no answer, in fact often held on to the ball when we had a man out wide. all too late anyway.

Like I said mix of both, but when he first came on he was bright trying to play the ball to his teammates. Unfortunately they couldn't do shit with it so he decided to take things into his own hands, not praising him or defending him this is just what happened and I don't think he deserves to be slagged of for 20minutes.

I thought Ben Arfa did as well as he could today, there's only so much he can do. Fact is, his teammates slack off because they expect Hatem to do everything. It's embarrassing to watch, actually.

Mix of both. Don't think it's fair to slag HBA off, but at the same time Hatem and his teammates expect him to do everything sometimes. But like Dave said, there was no movement with our players and when HBA has the ball everyone just stands and looks at him.

you reckon ? they just sat back, he had no answer, in fact often held on to the ball when we had a man out wide. all too late anyway.

Like I said mix of both, but when he first came on he was bright trying to play the ball to his teammates. Unfortunately they couldn't do shit with it so he decided to take things into his own hands, not praising him or defending him this is just what happened and I don't think he deserves to be slagged of for 20minutes.

That's how I saw it as well. He's always going to want to hog the ball, that's just his mentality, but there were times today he was actually looking for team mates and they were stood still watching.

That's how I saw it as well. He's always going to want to hog the ball, that's just his mentality, but there were times today he was actually looking for team mates and they were stood still watching.

Same, if the team is functioning he will pass it about fine, but sometimes it is clear that nobody else is going to produce anything at all.

tried to do too much and gave the ball away loads, poor today

He's playing too deep sp he's got too much to do.  Pardew is wasting him.

He's very blatantly not fit. Pardew's done enough wrong with making up stuff like this, mate.

I am absolutely FUCKING SICK of seeing our players standing still when Ben Arfa has the ball. Fucking move you sackless cunts! Exploit the space, give the man some fucking options!

Same thing happens to a lesser extent with Marveaux. Been going on for far too long now, add it to the list of clear problems Pardew has failed to address.

Keegan used to practice 5-aside football just to get movement and one touch passing instilled in the team. It was old fashioned, but still light years ahead of what Pardew does IMO.

i said this exact thing yesterday about 20 mins into the game...if pardew can do nothing else he needs to have them playing 5-a-side for a couple of hours every day so they can learn to pass to each other, how to make space for a pass when it's tight...football basics really

I am absolutely FUCKING SICK of seeing our players standing still when Ben Arfa has the ball. Fucking move you sackless cunts! Exploit the space, give the man some fucking options!

Same thing happens to a lesser extent with Marveaux. Been going on for far too long now, add it to the list of clear problems Pardew has failed to address.

Keegan used to practice 5-aside football just to get movement and one touch passing instilled in the team. It was old fashioned, but still light years ahead of what Pardew does IMO.

i said this exact thing yesterday about 20 mins into the game...if pardew can do nothing else he needs to have them playing 5-a-side for a couple of hours every day so they can learn to pass to each other, how to make space for a pass when it's tight...football basics really

Our play on the edge of the opponents box when it's tight is absolutely appalling.

Our play on the edge of the opponents box when it's tight is absolutely appalling.

Watching Benfica pass the ball at high tempo in and around our penalty area was very illuminating for me. I don't actually think they are that good individually but they are definitely coached well.

I am absolutely f***ing SICK of seeing our players standing still when Ben Arfa has the ball. f***ing move you sackless c***s! Exploit the space, give the man some f***ing options!

I'd agree with that.  Would probably insist on a one touch five aside game and no balls above head height.

He was crap today. Took so much time and slowed the game so much when we needed the exact opposite and didn't pass the ball quickly to available players (did you see how long Marveaux was waving for the ball !!!). One of his worst games.

Aye, tried too much on his own when pass and move was needed. Looks overweight anarl.

I am absolutely f***ing SICK of seeing our players standing still when Ben Arfa has the ball. f***ing move you sackless c***s! Exploit the space, give the man some f***ing options!

Our lack of movement is surreal. Down the channels, coming to help a teammate out, their is absolutely nothing, just static.

Our lack of movement is surreal. Down the channels, coming to help a teammate out, their is absolutely nothing, just static.

It is pretty weird TBF.

Guest neesy111

We don't move the ball quick enough either.

When we can't find a pass someone plays a hopeless ball, often our best players too.

Confidence is a factor too.

This is one of the things that piss me off, honestly our attacks are far too slow.

We have imho very good technical players who are not being coached to play together and express themselves and thats the frustrating thing .

Some of them don't compliment eachother ideally IMO, obviously it's the job of the manager to make a team that's more than the sum of its parts.

We don't move the ball quick enough either.

When we can't find a pass someone plays a hopeless ball, often our best players too.

Confidence is a factor too.

not helped by making ourselves easy to defend against by none of the team bar cisse being a natural at making runs into the box, even late runs.

Guest bimpy474

Our most creative player, start him and get 60 mins out of him if we can.

Better that than expect miracles from him, coming on two down with 30 mins to go, which is what i suspect will happen.