Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Yep, he was blowing hot and cold until the final 20 minutes where he was just blowing full stop. 

Needs to drop whatever excess weight he's piled on and get ready for next season.

He tired towards the end and didn't have the legs to take a man on when he clearly thought he still had something left to burn.

But he's fucking fantastic to watch. Criticism of his performance by some on here is over the top. With his attributes he should be unplayable. The need for a better manager with some ideas on how to attack as a team if so fucking obvious.

Its frightening how little pattern there is to our play. No wonder HBA feels the need to try and beat everybody.

I can understand why he gets left out of international line ups tbh. He does some fantastic stuff which ends up coming to nothing because he holds the ball too long. Until he learns to become a team player that potential will never get fulfilled.

I can understand why he gets left out of international line ups tbh. He does some fantastic stuff which ends up coming to nothing because he holds the ball too long. Until he learns to become a team player that potential will never get fulfilled.

Easier said than done with how our other players are with their off the ball movement. Fully understand his hesistancy to pass.

Easier said than done with how our other players are with their off the ball movement. Fully understand his hesistancy to pass.

There is some truth to that, but Marveaux jinked past a couple of players but always managed to release the ball before he got caught. I think Ben Arfa overdoes it.

Worried he was trying to go out on a high today

Go out as in it's the final game of the season or as in it's his last game for NUFC??

Looked more like last NUFC game to me, he does like to do a lot himself but it seemed he was doing it more so today.

Probably just me being paranoid.

Worried he was trying to go out on a high today

Go out as in it's the final game of the season or as in it's his last game for NUFC??

Looked more like last NUFC game to me, he does like to do a lot himself but it seemed he was doing it more so today.

Probably just me being paranoid.

You are.  :)

I honestly saw today's performance as he actually looks about 1 match or so away from turning some of those chances into something more substantial. He was doing this all over teams in the beginning of the season before he got hurt. Some of the stuff he does man, my goodness - you watch football for people like him.

Hope his hamstring gets fully sorted, he gets some rest and comes back fit and ready to fuck some shit up.

Guest icemanblue

He's still carrying a lot of weight, like. Looked shattered every time he needed to track back.

Love just watching him. So do most of our players apparently.

:lol:

At a better team his teammates would be making use of the spaces left by the two, sometimes three players that he attracts when on the ball.

Few nice dribbles in the first half and then after Arsenal's goals when he moved central and went on a couple of bursts I thought "ok here we go he's stepping up a gear now"

But looked shattered after about 70mins onwards and seemed to just stop passing and then pretty much lost it constantly.

Get yourself rested and healed up Hatem and comeback stronger than ever next season!

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think we should keep him fat.

It's like the fatty at school suddenly getting revenge by being mint at football. He's the antithesis of the John Smiths advert.