Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

This is where I draw the line with this "he doesn't look like he cared" randomly during some matches. I've maintained, this f***ing crazy lad absolutely is the opposite, he f***ing cares a s*** load and he has always said the right things and shown on the pitch he's putting 100% out there. Never hides, always wants the ball, sometimes guilty of doing too much -- which, given how he's one of a few take the game on type players we have, is refreshing and I'll always applaud it b/c there will be a moment all his huff and buff will click again and he'll be winning us a point or 3 with his sheer brilliance and determination.

:thup:

His desire today, his willing to go on, that goal, and that celebration. My goodness.

Brilliant goal but the overplaying is just too frustrating.

It's obvious why he does it though. If there's fuck all movement he doesn't want to just blindly whip the ball in, and he ends up just holding on to it too long while he waits for someone to show for it. It's highlighted in the extreme when Shola and Cisse are stood like trees, and it's little wonder that he suddenly looked more direct when Shola came off.

Loved how many times he was there when the ball dropped wide right late in the game, caused as Andy said because of Fulham being unable to double/triple mark him with so many other threats to concentrate on. I can appreciate that he had a very frustrating game overall but if that's the price to pay for goals like he scores and contributions he makes I'll take it any day.

Ben Arfa's game seemed to open up once Remy started working the left side and suddenly Fulham were getting pushed back on both sides. Prior to that it seemed the the only threat was Ben Arfa and Fulham could over man that area to shut him down.

Amazing how a bit of attacking pressure opens up the game and puts doubt into the oppositions defense.

Beautiful goal.

Credit to his work rate as well.

Chased quite a few lost balls like a madman into our own half. For someone who had a reputation for being lazy off the ball, I've been very impressed with his general movement on the pitch during attack and defence.

Ben Arfa's game seemed to open up once Remy started working the left side and suddenly Fulham were getting pushed back on both sides. Prior to that it seemed the the only threat was Ben Arfa and Fulham could over man that area to shut him down.

Amazing how a bit of attacking pressure opens up the game and puts doubt into the oppositions defense.

Beautiful goal.

It's amazing that we aren't playing a front 3, like, absolutely amazing.

Credit to his work rate as well.

Chased quite a few lost balls like a madman into our own half. For someone who had a reputation for being lazy off the ball, I've been very impressed with his general movement on the pitch during attack and defence.

He's one of the harder working players in the team. It's obvious that the defensive side of the game doesn't come naturally to him at times but he can't be accused of not making an effort, contrary to what you hear from a lot of commentators etc.

Ben Arfa can be as selfish as he wants as far as I'm concerned, he's a joy to watch and can always produce a bit of magic to win a game. If Remy can stay fit, I've got a feeling Ben Arfa will get a lot more space and be able to get on the ball further up the pitch too. 

Beautiful goal.

It's amazing that we aren't playing a front 3, like, absolutely amazing.

I suspect that the forward line looks very different now that Remy is playing

Brilliant goal but the overplaying is just too frustrating.

the 'overplaying' is mainly down to c***s standing watching/expecting him to do everything.  he's class.. but f*** me when he had the ball there's no need for everyone to just stop moving,  he's very rarely got a better option than trying to do it all himself.

Four defenders on him most of the match. We're so static it's unreal. Only when Remy and Gouffran came on was there any real space for him and he exploited it in typically destructive fashion.