Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest TheGreatBeardo

To be honest Parew is one of the better managers we've had in recent years, which is not a defence of Pardew in any way, but we have had some utterly shite managers. Souness, Dalglish, Allardyce, Kinnear, Shearer, Roeder and Gullit were all worse managers than Pardew.

No, one of Souness, Dalglish, Allardyce, Kinnear, Pardew, Roeder or Gullit.

Seeing all those names in the same sentence is just too much...   

Its incredible how many useless managers who has been at this club.

For me, Ben Arfa is like Ginola and Robert rolled into one.

Has all the finesse and dribbling abilities as Ginola, aswell as the ability to pull something magic out of the hat from absolutely nothing a la Robert.  Be it a top class assist or a rocket into the top corner.

Guest firetotheworks

In terms of style and input to the team, I see hardly anything in common with Ben Arfa alongside Ginola and Robert, aside from them all being flair players. Robert had the best input, Ginola played in the most beautiful way, and Ben Arfa is (I agree) comfortably the best dribbler. Robert and Ginola were obviously in far better teams, so it's hard to tell but Ben Arfa in one of those teams would have been gluttenously wonderful. We'd all be lactating.

In terms of style and input to the team, I see hardly anything in common with Ben Arfa alongside Ginola and Robert, aside from them all being flair players. Robert had the best input, Ginola played in the most beautiful way, and Ben Arfa is (I agree) comfortably the best dribbler. Robert and Ginola were obviously in far better teams, so it's hard to tell but Ben Arfa in one of those teams would have been gluttenously wonderful. We'd all be lactating.

I shortlisted them as being our most gifted players since Beardsley. I agree that they are not readily comparable.

fwiw, I dunno where I would put him in Robson's team. He'd be ahead of Gillespie in Keegan's team, I imagine.

I don't think Hatem would get into either team if i'm honest, he's great but not THAT great.

Is definitely is that great man, he's one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

Depends on what Keegan team really.... i agree on ahead of Gillespie but it wasn't always Gillespie.

As for ahead of Dyer? Ben Arfa as a CM next to Speed really?

fwiw, I dunno where I would put him in Robson's team. He'd be ahead of Gillespie in Keegan's team, I imagine.

I don't think Hatem would get into either team if i'm honest, he's great but not THAT great.

Is definitely is that great man, he's one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

Performances > Talent.

Guest firetotheworks

Depends on what Keegan team really.... i agree on ahead of Gillespie but it wasn't always Gillespie.

As for ahead of Dyer? Ben Arfa as a CM next to Speed really?

Performances > Talent.

Obviously it's all just in our minds, so I wouldn't have him in that position.