Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I'm the lads biggest fan but that's one of his worst performances for us. Expected so much more.

So did the manager, that's the problem.

Why do you think he was so smug in midweek? Thought he'd found a get out of jail free card after his showing at Villa. Surprised they even went into training this week, he should have just sent round a text saying "give it to Hatam (sic)" and let them stay at home.

Willie man, it's the hba thread. Pardew aside hba was fucking terrible.

I'm the lads biggest fan but that's one of his worst performances for us. Expected so much more.

Why do you think he was so smug in midweek? Thought he'd found a get out of jail free card after his showing at Villa. Surprised they even went into training this week, he should have just sent round a text saying "give it to Hatam (sic)" and let them stay at home.

Willie man, it's the hba thread. Pardew aside hba was fucking terrible.

Part of the allure of having a player of Ben Arfa is that, because he always has to be doubled, even trebled up on, that should leave space for others. In the opening period, that's exactly what happened and the space opened up for Remy. After we took the lead though, we reverted back to type and just gave the ball to HBA whilst the other nine outfield players stood and watched him, held their positions, protected the lead. How much did you want from him whilst three defenders close him down?

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Hull certainly did they homework but I felt that if we had played with a versatile front 3 with Remy , Cisse and Ben Arfa swapping places, we would've been able to counter their counter. A lot of team like WHam and Hull will doubleman mark him so unless you change things around, we'll be hopeless. The only uncouraging thing is that we still managed to score twice without Ben Arfa directly involved.

Willie man, it's the hba thread. Pardew aside hba was f***ing terrible.

Part of the allure of having a player of Ben Arfa is that, because he always has to be doubled, even trebled up on, that should leave space for others. In the opening period, that's exactly what happened and the space opened up for Remy. After we took the lead though, we reverted back to type and just gave the ball to HBA whilst the other nine outfield players stood and watched him, held their positions, protected the lead. How much did you want from him whilst three defenders close him down?

There were plenty of occasions when there wasn't three around him. He looked uninterested, made the wrong decisions, no urgency. Listen, he wasn't the only one, but he was terrible today.

The problem is Pardews reliance on him, he's undoubtably our best player by a million miles, when he's on form we look amazing but have an off day and there's no plan B. His lack of contribution to the team shouldn't mean we collapse like a house of cards, but it does!

He was shite today, ergo the whole team was. He takes the flak for his performance but Pardew needs to take the flak for the teams performance and ultimately the loss.

The problem is Pardews reliance on him, he's undoubtably our best player by a million miles, when he's on form we look amazing but have an off day and there's no plan B. His lack of contribution to the team shouldn't mean we collapse like a house of cards, but it does!

He was s**** today, ergo the whole team was. He takes the flak for his performance but Pardew needs to take the flak for the teams performance and ultimately the loss.

Pardew is taking flak.

Guest hatem garrincha

There was something wrong with him today. His mind didn't seem right from the start.

See : career.

:)

How many points did he bring to the club this season ?

Fair play for him coming out in the interview on sky but didn't like that he couldn't remember how the first goal came about and had to be told by the interviewer. It was your lack of tracking back Hatem how can you forget?

I know you have to accept he isn't likely to go defend much and Debuchy arguably should be staying in his position but for the good of the team he needs to make the effort to run back those 15 or so yards.

Would like to know what was up with him today, was really looking forward to the game with all his soundbites leading up to it but he was really poor in everything he did near enough.

edit*  :lol: think he also says in the interview that they spend 30 minutes in the shower after the game talking about it.

i felt he was perhaps the tactical change we missed yesterday that could have swung things our way, it was so obvious that he was never going to get change on the wing after watching the first half

when cabaye got injured we should have moved hba into the middle and put gouffran wide right, that would have drawn the 2-3 players marking hatem into the middle and opened up the option to get the ball out wide into space to gouff or remy and get in behind them

little tactical things like that pardew hasn't got a fucking clue about, it might not have worked but it would have been better than what he did

@GFN_France: Confirmed: Hatem Ben Arfa was in contact with several clubs this summer but no offer was deemed acceptable by Newcastle United. #NUFC #LFC

@GFN_France: Hatem Ben Arfa confirmed this on Canal + today. #LastTweet

:scared:

He seems chipper enough tbh, probably more than happy to see out his contract and pick his next move.

@GFN_France: Confirmed: Hatem Ben Arfa was in contact with several clubs this summer but no offer was deemed acceptable by Newcastle United. #NUFC #LFC

That's a load of shite, remember that none of our best players want away.  Apart from Coloccini, Cabaye and possibly Ben Arfa.

That's a load of shite, remember that none of our best players want away.  Apart from Coloccini, Cabaye and possibly Ben Arfa.

Yet we are apparently a selling club who don't sell players :dontknow:

We're a break-even club aren't we?

Not sure, I keep getting told we only buy players on the cheap to sell for a profit. We don't seem very good at it.

Not sure, I keep getting told we only buy players on the cheap to sell for a profit. We don't seem very good at it.

I don't believe the remit is: "sign players that we can actively look to sell for thrice as much in the future."

However: "sign players that might sell for thrice as much in the future," is probably in the remit somewhere.

I don't believe the remit is: "sign players that we can actively look to sell for thrice as much in the future."

However: "sign players that might sell for thrice as much in the future," is probably in the remit somewhere.

its in most clubs remit somewhere